Is AC is as good as eveyone says they are?

tank25

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe AC is a decent team the only flaws they play in a weak district and they loose to some teams that they should blow out of the gym like Carter, and Scott Co. They had some high points in their season their best win probably being over Clinton but i belive that was a fluke and in 5 more games Clinton would win 5 more times. Good luck to Anderson County in their Region.

Michael is a junior this year. The starting lineup changes often at AC, and Michael has started many games. Part of coach E's philosophy seems to be to de-emphasize the importance of starting, and stress that the first 9 to 10 players are equally as important, regardless of who goes on the floor to start the game off. You must keep in mind that Michael's dad and coach E are both from Livingston, and grew up together. The respect for coach E's approach to coaching, and over-all philosophy on basketball were the reason he went to AC. Fear of playing time at Clinton never even entered the equation, so let's put that baby to bed. I know Michael is very happy at AC, on the court and in the classroom, where he maintains his 4.0, and he is very well liked by his classmates.

I agree with Chill. If you are so sure about your information, then let us know. But don't try to ruin a good coach's reputation by spreading rumors that you aren't even sure about. Because Cougars obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edited by Fromrange

Hey Chill, get this cougar guy outta here I know you to well for him to make false accusations being in CC land myself I do owe you a good burger at the four way and I must appologize for his stupidity, all those that live here are not that idiotic. good luck this week.

I don't think AC is as good as everyone says they are. They have 2 things going for them...discipline and ability to shoot. That's what got us in trouble, discipline at the last AC-Clinton game (not to mention really bad reffing. That's not why we lost though). While 2 of our players were getting kicked out of the game, Humphrey was busy making 5 of 6 free throws that put them up by 8 with a couple minutes left. With our size and ability, we should have blown them out of the water (even they're head football coach said so), but we let it slip through in overtime. They are a solid team, but they didn't match up well to Morris, Freeman and especially to Vibbert. But it's a rivalry game, you're always going to be up for that kind of game. Channiot had 2 solid games against us this year, but Humphrey didn't do much. Mott shot decent, and I don't remember anybody else. I also think Clinton's district which is much tougher than AC's, with 3 teams that could win the whole region in Oak Ridge and Karns.

Orangecrush was right about one thing. AC does not match up well against Clinton at all as far as size with their tallest player being Humphrey at about 6'3 and Clinton having two 6'9's and Vibbert (6'4?). But Clinton doesn't match up very well with AC as far as guards go. Whitt is a solid player, but outside of that they have two very talented but not very experienced guards in Borum and Dye and AC used their expirenced guards (Chaniott, Lowery, Rash) to their advantage. If it was a game played soley on talent, then Clinton would win 10 times out of 10 as would Alcoa if they played AC as would AE or Fulton. AC beats teams they shouldn't by playing to their strengths (shooting, defense) and attacking the other teams weakness.

Edited by Fromrange

I really agree with what the past few posts have said. Except the fact that Clintons guards dont match up well with AC. Borum and Dye are experienced players now, they have the experience of most seniors playing all of their freshman and sophomore seasons. Alot of players dont play varsity but their junior and senior seasons. But Clinton is clearly the better and more talented team but sometimes calls just dont go your way in big tiem games like that and for Clinton it didnt that game.