400 meters

southreb40

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PASSINGGAME1

Good sugguestion. We do similar things.

I have the runners do a sprint 400, job 400, sprint 300, jog 300, same in 200 and 100. Then they will do what we call a stride and glide. Which is not a sprint but long strides using arms, and as long as a stride that is possible. This is not a sprint at all but a relaxed jog with extremly long strides. We do this with all our 200, 400, 800, and mile runners. As well as 4x's. I will try several kids at the relays, and run them in an 800, 400, and one relay for the first couple of meets. After I have found the right people, (lead runner, finish runner), I might have several kids do both relays, and one individual event.

• 2 weeks later...

Lavergne will win the state in the 4x4 100 and 4x8 100 relays. And Erin Zacharczyp will be pretty good in the 100.

there is no way Lavergne is gonna win the 4x400 they weren't that good last year I think that is wishful thinking. Yes they made it to state but winning state is a totally different thing. The team that won last year had one senior on it I think so I think they will be repeating.