400 meters

southreb40

Not to down Jordan or anything, but a 52.4 wouldn't even qualify for state in AAA. He is obviously a very good runner in his region, but the only reason he has a shot at state is that he is in a lower division. Good AAA teams have 4 guys that can run under 52 seconds in the 4x400.

What were his times in the 100 and 200?

The dude went 49.X and and 10.9X at state last year. He's quite fast and would most definetely be top 5 in both events in any division at state. Oh, and a "shot" at state?...the guy won the 400 in A-AA last year.

However, 52.4 is not good at all for a sub 50 guy, even if it was his first race. If he's been training hard, he should have opened up with at least a 51.X, if not a 50.X...and that's hand timed too.

Also, good AAA teams usually have all their guys around 50.X (not 52) for the 4X400. Good A-AA teams average around 52 on their 4X4 teams.

Lastly, Jeffers ran 22.64 in the 2 at state last year. The time doesn't exactly match his other times, but it was his 3rd race of the day and only a few races after the quarter.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some kid from CPA that made state as a freshman in the 400, so he must be pretty good.

G.J. Hudgens finished around 3rd at state last year in 50.X as a freshman. He's an extremely hard worker and has good turnover (his looks are deceiving). He will most definetely battle for the 400m title this year...unless they throw him in the 800m, but regardless, he'll make a lot of noise this year.

Oh, and he also ran the quarter at state his 8th grade year.

Edited by KGP3428

Not to down Jordan or anything, but a 52.4 wouldn't even qualify for state in AAA.  He is obviously a very good runner in his region, but the only reason he has a shot at state is that he is in a lower division.  Good AAA teams have 4 guys that can run under 52 seconds in the 4x400.

What were his times in the 100 and 200?

The dude went 49.X and and 10.9X at state last year. He's quite fast and would most definetely be top 5 in both events in any division at state. Oh, and a "shot" at state?...the guy won the 400 in A-AA last year.

However, 52.4 is not good at all for a sub 50 guy, even if it was his first race. If he's been training hard, he should have opened up with at least a 51.X, if not a 50.X...and that's hand timed too.

Also, good AAA teams usually have all their guys around 50.X (not 52) for the 4X400. Good A-AA teams average around 52 on their 4X4 teams.

Lastly, Jeffers ran 22.64 in the 2 at state last year. The time doesn't exactly match his other times, but it was his 3rd race of the day and only a few races after the quarter.

Funny thing is I just look at his state times and the kid can cook. I'm really impressed. I was under the impression that he ran a 52.4, not 49.9. 49.9 is a good time for any division. So I think you took me wrong. I was saying that 52.4 is not a state time and you reinforced that argument. I wasn't aware of the truth, I just read something somebody posted.

I also stated that a good AAA team has 4 guys that can run UNDER 52 seconds, an argument which you reinforced again. So don't think I'm trying to down Jordan or anybody, I'm just stating some facts. And you seem to agree with me unconciously. But, just for the record, which AAA team last year had all 4 guys around 50.X? Most teams have a two or so sub 49 guys and a 51 and 52 guy. It is extremely rare to have a time of 50 seconds for all four guys. Last year, Melrose AVERAGED 50, but I believe they had a couple of sub 49 guys. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But I have to say that kid has some serious wheels. And I don't want to take anything away from him. So don't take what I said the wrong way. Read my post thoroughly before you go trying to tell me off, because I agreed with you on just aobut everything. I was just given some wrong information.

G.J. Hudgens finished around 3rd at state last year in 50.X as a freshman. He's an extremely hard worker and has good turnover (his looks are deceiving). He will most definetely battle for the 400m title this year...unless they throw him in the 800m, but regardless, he'll make a lot of noise this year.

that's right... look out for gj... he's been 50. in the 400 and he was 51.1 i think earlier this week at the fra-cpa-ehs-fcs meet. i don't think anybody wants to get in his way.

that's right... look out for gj... he's been 50. in the 400 and he was 51.1 i think earlier this week at the fra-cpa-ehs-fcs meet. i don't think anybody wants to get in his way.

I almost had him....I was a close second..............by 4 seconds. Yea, hes really fast

What about the girls? We had a girl Alex Frary ran 64 in the 400 and it was the 1st time she has ever ran it. I know it is not like an awesome time, but it is very good for the 1st time. She also ran the 4x800 and the 4x400 last night as well and did awesome in both events. She also runs the mile and the open 800. She is an all around athlete.

Edited by CC17Run

• 2 weeks later...