Shot

Elitecougar77

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to go state, 50 feet is the magic number. Last year as a freshman, I hit 45 feet at regions and I placed 6th, to give you an idea. The two that went to state went 52'6" and 50'10" I believe. The 52 foot thrower won state in triple A. He threw like 53 and a half or so.

A good throw in my opinion is 46 feet. A brute can throw a shot 40 feet with no form. 46 is hard to get to without decent technique.

46 FEET? THE JOE EWING AND COLLINS BROTHERS FROM JEFF CO THREW THAT WHEN THEY WARMED UP STANDING STILL. A GREAT THROW FOR SHOT IS 56 OR BETTER. DISTANCES IN TIS STATE HAVE DECLINED JUST LIKE THE SPORT OF TRACK AND FIELD HAS OVER THE YEARS.

A GOOD throw is 46 feet. A GREAT throw is anything over 52. I've been in enough meets to know what it is. One of the Collins brothers is also the region record-holder. They were exceptions to the norm. Those guys were beasts. In high school, it takes strength and pretty good technique to hit over 50. That's a fact.

46 FEET? THE JOE EWING AND COLLINS BROTHERS FROM JEFF CO THREW THAT WHEN THEY WARMED UP STANDING STILL. A GREAT THROW FOR SHOT IS 56 OR BETTER. DISTANCES IN TIS STATE HAVE DECLINED JUST LIKE THE SPORT OF TRACK AND FIELD HAS OVER THE YEARS.

Really...ask Corey Mills of Christian Brothers, who threw over 60' last season as a junior. Denbo of MBA threw, I believe, 63' or 64' two years ago.