Assistant Coaches

MentalTownBaller

I have to agree with you shssr... Jacob King & Jeremy Hamby are two very good young coaches. I feel both will be able to continue the improvement of Scott High Basketball. Not taking anything away from Bill Hall (the head coach), but these two are a major reason why Hall won Co-Coach of the Year in District 4-AA. Congratulations to Bill Hall, and Jacob King, and Jeremy Hamby. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for Coach Carl Miller of Greenbrier,great guy,gets the most out of the kids and the kids respect him. He was a great ball player himself and has great knowledge of the game. He helps Coach Edison make good decisions and is a real asset to our team. I know my son will miss him when he graduates. Good role model for all our kids.

Agree with bobcat61. Coach Miller at Greenbrier is also just an unpaid volunteer that puts more time into the program than any head coach that I've seen. He cares a great deal about the players and they in turn respect him as a coach. Coach Wright is also an assistant at Greenbrier that seems to be cut from the same mold. He's only in his first year but seems to be another good one.

Doug McBee??? Come on this guy is a great Head Coach. He's probably just helping out until The Sky man gets there to play. Doug really knows the game as good as anyone. 20 + years in the game. Come on Kev B jump in here.

Yeah...445 wins as the girls' coach at Washburn (boys' too) and then Rutledge from 76-98...not too shabby of a resume.

We don't need a boys' coach though brother, we need a girls' coach...BAD!!!!!!! :D

Edited by KevB1990

ETHSATC you are correct that Coach McBee was a great Head Coach. But the Sky theory is way off. Coach McBee assisted Coach Combs for 3 years while his oldest son Chase played who was a great two sport athlete. Don't expect Coach K to move over when Sky gets there he is already well aware of his potential. Besides after being a Head Coach for all those years it is much easier being an assistant with no pressure. Coach McBee would make a great assistant for any Head Coach and has been for Coach K as well as his brother Derrick Combs.

He's kidding gloryseeker...I know ETHSATC...he used to be our trainer in the good old days!