Teams in East Tn

4AFAN

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden is by far the strongest team in East Tn. Although I do think they had a few let downs in Memphis. They finished 2nd in the state which is not easy. They were extremely strong last year. I really thought they would win it. The upper class members must finish strong. They did not last year. This year my pick is Bearden winning the boys KIL, and 1st at State. They are really strong. Hopefully this year the seniors will come through.

How did they have letdowns in Memphis? They finished 2nd behind MELROSE, who was the best team in the state last year by far (yes, even better than Brentwood Academy). Them getting 2nd was a suprise to me. It was the best the team had ever done in the school's history if I remember right. Who would have expected them to do so well?

And by the way, the upper class members did finish strong last year. Kohlbush and Beeson, both seniors, scored or were on relay teams that scored 26 of the teams 55 points. It's gonna take some BIG TIME stepping up by this years seniors for them to even have a shot at upsetting Melrose, who only lost 8 points last year compared to 26.

Brentwood Academy is by far the best team in DII.  They will repeat.  They are arguably the best all-around team in any division or class.  If you doubt, just take a look at the marks from last year's state meet, and see who they lost (pretty much nobody).

I wouldn't underestimate McCallie. They finished a strong second last year with 98 points. According to the results, they only lost three seniors from last year , two of which scored a combined 3 points. The other was Taylor Smith who scored 5 points in the 3200, but this year they will have Nick Raff in the 800 (he should win unless Bumbi still has enough left after the 3200 and 1600) and Andrew Scarbrough in the 3200 as well. Plus, they have freakin MICHAEL BINGHAM back. Last year, he scored 56 points. He should score 60 or more this year cause he finished runner-up to some seniors last year.

McCallie is definitely in the running for the Division II Track and Field State Championship.

Edited by InsindEric

I wouldn't underestimate McCallie. They finished a strong second last year with 98 points. According to the results, they only lost three seniors from last year , two of which scored a combined 3 points. The other was Taylor Smith who scored 5 points in the 3200, but this year they will have Nick Raff in the 800 (he should win unless Bumbi still has enough left after the 3200 and 1600) and Andrew Scarbrough in the 3200 as well. Plus, they have freakin MICHAEL BINGHAM back. Last year, he scored 56 points. He should score 60 or more this year cause he finished runner-up to some seniors last year.

McCallie is definitely in the running for the Division II Track and Field State Championship.

McCallie will be good, and will definitely challenge for the title, but just doping out the meet based on returning scorers from last year, BA wins. Obviously, things can change in a year, as kids get better. Should be a fun season.

BTW, I agree that Melrose was the best overall boys team last year.

Edited by itzme

I think that anderson co has a great team and they have a running in region. They should have won the region last year but they lost because of some people who quit. Hopefully that won't happen. They should be in the top ten at the least. They have three of the best James Jones, Andy Braden,and Sean Mounts. They all will win region in several events. GO MAVS

Guest PASSINGGAME1

Bearden did have a let down. I saw several runners and I wont name names, let the team down. They were seniors. I expected them to win the state. I expect them to return and win it this year.

AC is very strong and has a chance every year to win the region. The boys team is strong in field events, but not real strong in team running. Not a sprinting team, nor a strong relay teams.

I think the Anderson County girls team will be good this yr. Of course they are good every yr,so it seems, with 5 sectional titles anyone would think so. I hope they send 5+ girls to state this yr, b/c they might have a chance for a state title if they do that. And that hasn't happened since Josie Hann left. Maybe this is the yr girls. Good luck!!

Edited by Tiger Lilly