New players to watch,Who are they?

Ah!!!DoggieBonez

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for Heather Ray #13 from Frank Hughes in Clifton. She can play anywhere on the field but has only played summer ball until this year and mainly played 2nd and pitched but played left and center during allstars last summer. She may not be good enough to do well pitching in high school ball but will get in some mound time due to a shortage of pitching on the team. She is fast and smart and never gives up on a play. If she can get her bat speed up enough to pull the ball she'll have a high average but if not it will be sorta low but she bats from the left side and will beat out a lot of throws from third and short. She's a freshman with one weakness and its swinging the bat but will drive the other coaches crazy with her slap bunt and speed. Will make less than 10 errors in the field this year and will run down balls in the holes and get the out. She's my baby but i'm speaking as a coach because I coach her in the summer and when we're on the field I'm a coach and she's a player just like everyone else. Jessica Anderson could also be a valuable player for FHS and she's only in 8th grade. Wayne Co. will also have a couple good looking freshmen this year in Baily Skelton middle infield and pitcher and Emily Shull catcher and also with a good bat.

Good Luck FHS Lady Lions!!!

I agree with ngreen2 on Kandice Irwin (FR) she is a very tallent pitcher.

New player to watch will be Rachel Wall (So. pitcher) at William Blount I believe before the year is over she will be getting most of the starts in the circle.

Just to let you know ngreen2 Trish made All Upper East TN last year & Katie was player of the year in All Upper East TN last year, also Katie made AAA All State as FR pitcher last year both players have already stepped it up.

A Big Cheer for Those Freshman and Sophmore Players......

People think they are too young to compete with Varsity but watch out!!! they are the real thing........

I agree with the ones mentioned Kandice Irwin, Rachel Wall, Chere Monday have all played for me and the others mentioned have played against me and they are good......

Hey TNT don't leave out Brittany Hollifield she can bring the heat......and her counter part Whittney Murr both from Alcoa.....you guys will be tough this year......Like Vtec said your being to modest...

Big Cheer for all of the other Freshmen there are some great players is this age group......

Halls,William Blount,Karns, Bearden, Jefferson County,Powell,Farragut,Gibbs, ......etc well I guess everone knows where I am from......

Good Luck To all those girls with their Big Dreams...I hope they make their Dreams reality....got to go I am getting misty eyed......

What about thoughs Girls at Goodpasture? I saw and 8th grader as big as any player I have seen , What do they eat I want some :o The kids name is Christine Willey I think? seen her at Club K swinging a 26 oz bat ( not a misprint) like a Pro with authority any one know this kid? Did she make the Highschool team? anyone know her. what a hoss. Thanks