4AA Regional Match-ups anyone got an Idea?

Magid

That's correct, If Hume Fogg loses then Smith plays Lipscomb, a very good team. But this is tournament time and anything can happen. 7AA is probably the toughest district in the state so it stands to reason that their 4th place team - Smith Co, is a good team. They certainly aren't going to lay down and give it to Lipscomb, also Hume Fogg could upset Lipscomb tonight, not likely, but they did split during the reg season. The past couple of years I think that 7AA has swept 8AA in the region tourney, but this year with the absence of Upperman and Jackson County being a bit down, I don't think 7AA will complete the sweep. When it comes to coaching, Jackson Co has everyone else beat, but I think that everybody agrees that the talent level on this Jackson Co team is not the same as the past. However, being 4 time state champs gives you a tremendous mental edge. They have been in a ton of big games and the seniors on their team have more state tournament experience that any player in the state, boys or girls, any class, any division. The crown belongs to them until someone else takes it. Regardless, if you haven't got you tickets to this Region 4AA Tourney in Portland, RUN don't walk to the ticket booth, because the future state champs are playing in this tourney. The road to Murfreesboro and the ever elusive gold ball runs through a town known for strawberries about 40 North of Nashville at this Region 4AA tournament.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DevilFanatic, you are in for a surprise if you think Lipscomb does not match up well with Smith Co, McAlister at Lipscomb is an awsome player. I'll be following her college career in a couple of years. Good basketball genes in that family. Big Bro was a 1,000+ point scorer and finalist for Mr Basketball a couple of years ago. Little sister is an 8th grader starting on a good Ezel Harding team, Uncle was an awsome athlete at NCS many many years ago, Mother was a great athlete up in New York, Father, well he is definetly a has been.

But you know the best thing about being a has been?

It's better than being a Never Was !

Whoever is saying that Portland will advance is out of their minds. Portland is not even close to being to the top of 8AA not to mention 8AA and 4AA. Are you crazy? Portland will get mopped with the floor. And what do you mean it will be an upset if Hume Fogg beats Lipscomb. HFA won today. I garuntee that HFA will advance and i am also going to say that HFA will be the only team from 8AA to advance into the second round of the region

I think the owlettes will pull this one out! JC/LA will both win 15+, Cannon better bring their A+ game b/c DL is going to be tough. I think 7AA will go (3-1) with cannon being the only one to lose but they will keep it close and I hope they pull it out! JC vs SC, I think we have the best game of the regional right here! Smith County will win! They know they are as good as JC and they feel like they can go all the way! I predict SC vs LA in the regional finals, JC will be sent home for the first time as a loser in early exit! I hope they just don't over look Hume-Fugg, I don't think they will! Monica told me yesterday that SHE WOULD WIN, and SHE WOULD LEAD THEM ALL THE WAY!!!!!