Predict Class AA, Region 2 Winner!

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Agree Accarp, the key if OS and Seymour meet is OS playing there fast paced ame that Seymour has difficulty playing.

In a halfcourt game, Seymour has shown it can beat anyone keeping the scores very low. However, if the game gets fast look for 6'3 Brooke Johnson to have trouble staying up with the Lady Cats.

If OS plays like it did in the 2nd Quarter last night, Seymour will have diffiuclty matching up with Laura Hall anc company running up and down the court in transition.

If Seymour plays half court and utilizes Johnson, OS is in trouble with Seymour's height advantge.

The higher scoring the game, the better chance OS has to win. The lower scoring game goes to Seymour's advantage.

BTW Accarp, Seymour has won the last two games by a mere 3 points and 15 in last two meetings. That isn't dominanting. However, for any team to have a win, much less 2 in the last two years against OS is pretty good.

If both teams advance, Look for a fantastic region championship game!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree with you OS91. Seymour can play full and half court very well.

If you know anything about Pigeon Forge & Sevier County both teams are a full court press with run and gun style. They both press and play fast pace.

Seymour did good against Pigeon Forge at home and very, very good at Pigeon Forge....lol

Same at Sevier County.

One things for certain it will a great game!

Edited by jgarrison

OS91 you might want to check the scores of Seymour's games. They haven't had very many low scoring games. And as far as Brooke being able to keep up, she has played some of the quickest teams in the region this year and I can say that she has not had any problem keeping up. You seem to forget Seymour has some pretty quick guards themselves. Seymour's post players can definately get up and down the floor with anybodies. The game Seymour won against OS this year was not a low scoring game unless you count in the 70's as low scoring. Should be a good game. As I said in an earlier post, I hope they both make it to the state. No other teams in the east deserve to get the chance to go.

You are right Coach. They both need to concentrate on Wednesday's game and not look ahead. I apologize if I said anything to offend any body. I am sure some OS people are upset Laura did not get her Ms. Basketball nomination and I just want to say I agree. There should have been two out of the east. I am sure Laura and Brooke both would give all the individual awards away to win a state championship. The team winning means more to them than any individual award.

Good Luck to both teams and hope to see them both at the state.

Coach possibly you shoudl do a little research before jumping the gun

Just some FYI

Against Quality competition ( teams ranked in top 20 in AA and AAA - Oliver Springs, Pigeon Forge, Heritage, McMinn Central ( in Hall of Fame game), and Seveir County, the Lady Eagles have skept the game's LOW socring and half court games compared to other regular season games against inferior competition.

Against Heritage, the Lady Eagles have scored just

51 points and 53 points

Against Seveir county

53 and 43 points

Against Oliver Springs

74 points

Against Pigeon Forge

54 points ( low scoring) and 72

Against McMinn Central in a loss

56 points

Coach, no disrespect, but OS if they indeed play Seymour has a better chance of winning if they play an up and down game contorling the tempo, not playing a half court set.

The scores above clearly show in big games that Seymour like the halfcourt offense and use Brooke Johnson's height.

Edited by OS91

jana

I don't think anyone is upset.

Brooke had a monster year 25 ppg and double digit rebounds on a top 3 AA team that has beaten some of the better AAA teams is hard to ignore and would have been inconceivable if she were left off the list.

IMO, I think Brooke should win this award. You can't ignore those kind of numbers and productions. Like LH, she plays huge in big games.

OS91, I guess that's why your not the coach. I dont think Coach Wright plans on playing a half court game. Our offense works best when were are running the fast break, and i dont think there's anybody that'd say anything different. On defense, the biggest thing is getting back. I'm sure our team will press a little and stay back a little. It's all about how the game is going. I'll say that OS does have a chance if its a half court game. Our girls shoot well and can score in our half court offense. The main thing is being patient and limiting turnovers.

I totally agree with Coach Channell. We don't need to worry about that game until we are sure we're there. There's already been some upsets in Region play around the state, and I'd sure hate to see us lose focus.

I don't know why everyone gets caught up into looking ahead.

One game at a time

Seymour shouldn't feel they have to defend anything to anyone.

Beating Heritage at Heritage was huge.

Beating undefeated Seveir County and almost knocking them off in Seveirville spoke volumes.

Also, Brooke's biggest games were against these teams.

My point wasn't a slam against the Lady Eagles. It was more directed to the fact if Seymour and OS meet that a half court game would work in favor of Seymour. An up and down game would give OS a better chance to prevail.

I would imagine in the one game that Heritage didbeat Seymour beat 69-51 that Cait Macmahan controled the tempo at the PG position that allowed Heritage to score a high of 69 points on Seymour. . LH and Cait are similar, so if OS can get the game into a high scoring affair, I see that as an advantage. I just dont see OS winning a low scoring game.

Also, this is all mute if both teams dont advance. OS plays a very good ALcoa team. Seymour plays a kingston on their court has won 22 gamesthis year.

Edited by OS91

I was at the Seymour-Heritage Game. Heritage was up by 17 with the fast tempo game. They didn't slow down and ended up losing the lead and the game. I'll say that Seymour came out cold. Brooke did her thing inside, but the others were off. Like i said, it has more to do with protecting the basketball. Both teams are gonna score points. I'd expect a high scoring game, i just think whoever commits the least turnovers will win the game. I'd say our perimiter defense will be a little better than last time also.

Either way, we just need to wait and see what happens

OS91, in the region tournament last year, Seymour pretty well dominated OS on Offense, boards, and team play. The only thing that happened to change that was Hall becoming hot late in the game after being ice cold and Seiber having a steal or two to draw the game a little closer. I wasn't there for this years game, but if a good team can beat another good team by 10 or more... well, it seems like a little domination to me. I'm not making excuses for either side or saying it will happen again, but it was one of OS' biggest losses, if not the biggest loss, of the year. Still yet, as it has been said, Seymour and OS won't even think about each other until after Wednesday night, providing that they both take care of business. Oh, and gark242 is right.

ACCARP

Edited by accarp2614