Ooltewah

bman2020

Let me just say that first of all I have been following the OHS soccer program for many years. This past season the had was quite awful and I dont think this year will be much better. Things will only start turning around next year scince the have a small junior class many underclassmen leaders will emerge (Matt Lowe,The Bus,Spence,Sandusky,Reed Matthews) these guys will be the ones leading OHS to a region title. What do you think please share you opinion

Edited by bman2020

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that this season could turn out a little better than some might have expected after last years dreadful performance... This season they have a small group of Seniors who know what it feels like to play for winning teams thanks to their Freshman and Sophomore seasons... adn unlike last years Seniors they have a passion for this team that will definitely help get the program headed back to where it was in 2001-2002...Maybe not the most wins but you can expect this squad to not allow near as many goals as a year ago, thanks to an emphasis on defense. ... next season should be the real turna-around year, with all of this years sophomores a year older, stronger and more experienced. Should be a really interesting season, as far as player development.

Whats all this talk? counting the owls out before the season even starts? No way, sure things arnt running very smoothly right now, (injuries, inexperience, ect) But im confident everything will settle out when the season starts and we get kick other people instead of our teamates. Im confident with our coaching (Blair knows what hes doing) and everything will turn out fine, you just watch.

im not counting out Ooltewah by any means... They should be very tough to score on. And as soon as they figure out how theyre gonna put the balls in the Back of the nets... they will be extremely tough all around...As of now Injuries/ Grades/ inexperience are hurting them, but Im sure it will work out in the end.

You can't tell how good a team is until they actually start playing for real. I have complete confidence in the Owls coaching staff. I am with the team and the coaches the whole way. They know what they're doing, and I have 100% confidence they will turn this team around from last year, Winchester and Blair are extremely soccer smart, and know how to piece together a winning record.

I believe that with the coaching staffs combined knowledge of the game combined with the passion that this years Ooltewah team brings to the table... you have what seems to be a winning combination... it may not be a very High offensive product ... but you can be sure not too many teams will be scoring on this group...and thats a very good thing in soccer