1A - After the Multiplier

My prediction-

Temple has three years left of football.

I don't think they even had a MS team this year.

Once the Skogens are gone, they will probably lose their coach and any other motivation for other kids to come there.

The kid from Rhea Co. came there to play quarterback because he had two good recievers to throw to. With Caleb graduating, he will only have one, Seth who is built more like a tight end.

I don't think enrollment has gone up since their two "successful" seasons. They had a great year this year considering it was their second year but the ride comes to an end in three years.

Just my perdiction. If I am wrong, I will be glad to admit it. I love to see kids out playing ball so I wish them all the success in the world.

Edited by mtnman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction-

Temple has three years left of football.

I don't think they even had a MS team this year.

Once the Skogens are gone, they will probably lose their coach and any other motivation for other kids to come there.

The kid from Rhea Co. came there to play quarterback because he had two good recievers to throw to.  With Caleb graduating, he will only have one, Seth who is built more like a tight end. 

I don't think enrollment has gone up since their two "successful" seasons.  They had a great year this year considering it was their second year but the ride comes to an end in three years.

Just my perdiction.  If I am wrong, I will be glad to admit it.  I love to see kids out playing ball so I wish them all the success in the world.

825530405[/snapback]

i dont really know it that will happen, but it will possibly. I believe that if the school let up a little on the dress code rules and some other rules the enrollment will go up alot. But if we get a field it may help. but as for not having a field this past year we were a really good team and very underrated. But this next year we will be better, sounds crazy but we will.

Edited by bigbody1220

• 3 weeks later...
One of the other threads got me to thinking about what the 1A regions would look like after the multiplier goes into effect.  The regions I came up with were based on trying to keep most of the old regions together as much as possible plus the following:

There are 12 old 1A schools that are either not participating or are moving up: 

Lighthouse Christian, Clarksville Academy, and TPS no longer have teams.

Powell Valley(now Cumberland Gap) will move up due to enrollment.

CAK, CPA, FRA, EHCS, Boyd, USJ, DA, and DCA will all be multiplied up.

There are at least 9 new football playing 1As since the last classification period:

Pickett County, Eagleville, White House Heritage, Zion Christian, Mt. Juliet Christian, Temple and by 2005 or 2006 Unionville, Grace Baptist, and Silverdale Baptist.

Here is where it gets a little murky.  It looks like based on the above things that the cutoff will be somewhere around 400 students.  The most recent numbers from the TSSAA (2002) show 9 current 2A schools under 400:

Rockwood-385, Dresden-390, Manassas-392, Alcoa-397, Adamsville-368, Trousdale Co-372, Houston Co-388, Hampton-397, and McKenzie-360.

Manassas, being a Memphis school, would likely stay 2A to remain in their current region.  The rest I am going to assume will drop down.

Cloudland

Cosby

Jellico

North Greene

Unaka

Hampton

Coalfield

Midway

Oakdale

Oneida

Sunbright

Rockwood

Grace Baptist

TSD

Alcoa

Greenback

Copper Basin

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Whitwell

Temple

Silverdale Baptist

Clay Co

Friendship Christian

Gordonsville

Monterey

Mt. Juliet Christian

Red Boiling

Watertown

Trousdale Co

Pickett Co

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Houston County

White House - Heritage

Columbia Acad

Zion Christian

Perry County

Cascade

Cornersville

Eagleville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Unionville (2006)

Fayette Acad

Jackson Christian

Middleton

Trinity Christian

Adamsville

Wayne Co

Collinwood

Gleason

Greenfield

Halls

Bruceton

Lake Co

South Fulton

West Carroll

Dresden

McKenzie

825195401[/snapback]

I would hate for that to happen because that would be unfair to everyone in division A. Alcoa would simply dominate everyone and win the state every year. I hope that doesn't happen at least for competitions sake.

Jo Byrns

McEwen

Nashville Christian

Houston County

White House - Heritage

Columbia Acad

Zion Christian

Perry County

Cascade

Cornersville

Eagleville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Unionville (2006)

825195401[/snapback]

WHY MOVE ZION AND CA TO REGION 5 TO START WITH? ZION IS A 5 MINUTE DRIVE FROM MT. PLEASANT!!!! CASCADE, EAGLEVILLE, FORREST, AND UNIONVILLE ARE RIGHT IN THE SAME AREA AND ARE THE FARTHEST NORTH TEAMS (I BELIEVE) SO IT MAKES SINCE TO MOVE THEM NORTH TO REGION 5 AND KEEP THE 3 MAURY COUNTY SCHOOLS TOGETHTER!!! thumb

WHY  MOVE ZION AND CA TO REGION 5 TO START WITH? ZION IS A 5 MINUTE DRIVE FROM MT. PLEASANT!!!! CASCADE, EAGLEVILLE,  FORREST, AND UNIONVILLE ARE RIGHT IN THE SAME AREA AND ARE THE FARTHEST NORTH TEAMS (I BELIEVE) SO IT MAKES SINCE TO MOVE THEM NORTH TO REGION 5 AND KEEP THE 3 MAURY COUNTY SCHOOLS TOGETHTER!!! thumb

825571755[/snapback]

The regions have already been done. Zion and CA are in region 6. The post you are referring to was made before the regions were announced. Here is a list for region 6.

Region 6

Collinwood

Columbia Academy (Columbia)

Cornersville

Huntland

Moore County (Lynchburg)

Mt. Pleasant

Perry County (Linden)

Wayne County (Waynesboro)

Zion Christian (Columbia)

The regions have already been done.  Zion and CA are in region 6.  The post you are referring to was made before the regions were announced.  Here is a list for region 6.

Region 6

Collinwood

Columbia Academy (Columbia)

Cornersville

Huntland

Moore County (Lynchburg)

Mt. Pleasant

Perry County (Linden)

Wayne County (Waynesboro)

Zion Christian (Columbia)

825572245[/snapback]

I KNOW THAT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THAT TO START WITH.

825573829[/snapback]

Look at the previous post...and the date it was posted. They were just speculating how the regions would be. I don't know how much research they did beforehand.

Edited by Antwan

Look at the previous post...and the date it was posted.  They were just speculating how the regions would be.  I don't  know how much research they did beforehand.

825574110[/snapback]

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHY. IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE ON THIS TOPIC KNOWS FOOTBALL, SO I WAS WANTING TO KNOW THERE INPUT ON WHY THEY WOULD SAY THAT TO START WITH.

825573829[/snapback]

Man you are rough on a man COMEGETSOME. Its tough to have to defend a post you made over a year ago. :D My reasoning was:

1.The remaining region 5 teams at the time were more of a northwest middle grouping. CA and Zion(as the most northwest of the old region 6 teams) are just as close or closer to NCS, Clarksville Acad, McEwen, and Jo Byrnes than Forrest or Cascade is.

2. It kept all of the remaining area privates in one region.:D

3. It kept most of the old DRVC schools together. I understand that Zion and Mt.Pleasant are close. However, Forrest and Cornersville are in the same county and have played forever. Not anymore. Huntland, Moore Co., and Cornersville have always played Forrest and Cascade. I mean going back 60 or 70 years with Forrest and since Cascade was built.

4. I understood at the time that either my scenario or the one that was put in place was going to happen. It was my opinion that there was little difference distance wise which group went north, therefore keeping the DRVC together and putting the remaining privates together made the most sense.

Man you are rough on a man COMEGETSOME.  Its tough to have to defend a post you made over a year ago. :ph34r:  My reasoning was:

1.The remaining region 5 teams at the time were more of a northwest middle grouping.  CA and Zion(as the most northwest of the old region 6 teams) are just as close or closer to NCS, Clarksville Acad, McEwen, and Jo Byrnes than Forrest or Cascade is.

2.  It kept all of the remaining area privates in one region.:P

3.  It kept most of the old DRVC schools together.  I understand that Zion and Mt.Pleasant are close.  However, Forrest and Cornersville are in the same county and have played forever.  Not anymore.  Huntland, Moore Co., and Cornersville have always played Forrest and Cascade.  I mean going back 60 or 70 years with Forrest and since Cascade was built.

4.  I understood at the time that either my scenario or the one that was put in place was going to happen.  It was my opinion that there was little difference distance wise which group went north, therefore keeping the DRVC together and putting the remaining privates together made the most sense.

825584014[/snapback]

SORRY ABOUT BEING ROUGH. B) . THANX FOR THE REASONS THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO KNOW!!!!!!!! thumb