DCA vs Perry County!

LadySunday

Saturday night two totally different teams will battle it at on DCA's court. DCA plays a slower type set offense with a homecourt advantage, while a young Perry County team will try to speed the game up some. Good luck Perry County, its the girls turn to go to state! Any prediction on matchups? Good luck S'town too!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCA recently oust the perennial single-A powerhouse for the past 4-6 years; Ezell-Harding. I think that they will get a good game from Perry County and I think that PC might pull it off. PC is a good team and when they play like they we all know they are able to they could blow anyone out of the gym.... home or away. DCA will fight to the finish, but I bet I get to watch the Lady Vikings at Murfreesboro next week. PC by 4 in OT.

Edited by natalie#25

DCA has a very intense press and with the DCA fans getting into all the PC girls head tonite PC will turn the ball over 15 time before halftime. THey have a great out side shooting game and a deep bench that will keep fresh legs on the court.....DCA by 13. The Private school shall win again

Edited by Tenntex

I was at this game tonight and here is my analysis:

-DCA has one of the nicest Gyms of any Class A school ive been to in quite awhile. And a very good atmosphere. Maybe the loudest crowd for a girls game I've heard all year.

-The officiating in this one was VERY poor. For both teams. Lots of blown calls going both ways.

-Both teams played very sloppily all game. LOTS of turnovers. I mean LOTS. Some plays had as many as 5 turnovers. Both played with lots of heart, don't get me wrong. There was tons of diving for loose balls. It made the game all the more exciting down the stretch

-PC held DCA's star, Keaton Bodiford, to only a couple of baskets and constantly collapsed on her with double and triple teams. A very sound strategy by PC.

-PC charged out of the gates with a 7-0 run to start the game by breaking the DCA press and nailing open shots. DCA answered with a 6-0 run of their own and that was the first quarter.

-DCA started the second quarter with a spurt and went ahead 14-9 using fast breaks and layins. Then the refs started really calling the game tight and DCA started playing to physically. They fouled PC numerous times on presses and PC used free throws to go into halftime up by six.

-DCA really stepped up play in the third after being down by as many as 12. Two 3 pointers cut the lead to 37-31 after three.

-DCA started hitting their jumpshots and tied the game at 44 a piece with 2 minutes left. The refs called a questionable blocking foul on Bodiford when it looked like she had her feet set. PC made 1 of 2 FTs. # 24 for DCA put them up one with 30 seconds left. PC raced down court, missed a jumper, but made a brilliant putback to take the final lead. A DCA missed 3 at the buzzer ended the game.

Congrats to Perry County for making it to State. They are very poised to be so young. And congrats DCA for making it this far. You are still Champions of what is probably the best Region/District in the State.