Congratulations Cosby!

BigJake

I want to congratulate the Lady Eagles of Cosby on an outstanding job defeating the Lady Indians of Hancock County. The game statistics were surprising, not only for me but fans from both sides. The Indians did not get their heads together and ended up going home. I understand the Eagles have not been to state since 1975; well, you will find the road to be all uphill!

My post is not on Cosby winning the substate game. My comments have to deal with the behavior of the Cosby representatives. An announcement was made before the game on the time of the state playoffs for the winning team. Before the game was completed, another announcement was made, informing the spectators of the game. How inconsiderate! Hancock had not lost until the buzzer sounded! Talk about grinding salt into the wound!! Also, after the game, Hancock team members lined up for their customary handshake with the winners; it never happened. They waited for approximately a minute or so, noone paid any attention. Now I understand the meaning of winning a substate game, but come on- what happened to a little courtesy with the losing team!!

The fans were rude, also. All I have to say on that is, wait until Monday night when your boy team travels to Unaka!!

This post is not to whine over losing! I am proud to be a supporter of the Hancock Indians. I would have considered it rude if the treatment of guests at our school was the same as we received! Oh, by the way, aren't the guest team in a substate game required to get at least half the tickets and seating? Oh well, Good luck to the Lady Eagles in the next game. You are going to need it!

I understand your upset BigJake. If you hadnt noticed every tough game someone plays there is always a goodbye chant. Your fans whined about it so we made it that much worse. The reason the announcement was made was because you cant come back by 40 points with 45 seconds to go. My god! Could you whine anymore. These girls have worked really really really hard and hadnt been to state since 1975! OF CORSE THEY ARE GONNA CELEBRATE. So lay off it. So all i have to say to you is cry me a river! And about the Unaka game..... We got that covered ;)

Dude, listen. I've been going to hancock county for years and i don't wanna hear dissrespectful. You guys are the worst. The famous Who's Your Daddy chant that Hancock county uses ALL the time got put to rest last night. Now Its "Who's Your Momma, Lady Eagles."

Number 2.

We actually got a shot at Unaka on Monday Night.

Hancock County has no shot at beating Rockwood especially at Rockwood.

Where we goin? Murfreesboro

Where u goin? HOME

Dude, listen.  I've been going to hancock county for years and i don't wanna hear dissrespectful.  You guys are the worst.

The times I've been to Hancock I haven't been treated with much courtesy

either. Cosby fans have a long memory. Treat us with poor sportsmanship

at your home and you'll get it back at The Eagle's Nest.

Edited by CosbyEagle

This post was brought to the attention of The Cosby Administrators and they have asked me to respond:

1- ""An announcement was made before the game on the time of the state playoffs for the winning team. Before the game was completed, another announcement was made, informing the spectators of the game. How inconsiderate!""

response: This announcement was in no way meant to be inconsiderate or rude.

The game was already decided when this announcement was made. It was only made at the very end of the game because The Cosby Administrators realized

that some fans would be leaving a few minutes early and once the celebration

started, some people might miss the time/date. Also The Cosby Administrators

made the announcement as soon as they found out the exact time/ date of the

1st round state game. If it would have been possible to announce at halftime or between quarters I'm sure The Cosby Administrators would have preferred that.

When someone made a comment "Oh, how rude" The Cosby Administrators spoke to the Hancock fans and explain what I posted above. I was told the two parties ended up shaking hands after things were explained.

2- Oh, by the way, aren't the guest team in a substate game required to get at least half the tickets and seating?

response: The Cosby Administrators called Hancock and asked how many tickets they needed. Hancock told The Cosby Administrators 250 should be plenty. In fact,

less than 250 were sold by Hancock. Also it was not a sell-out, tickets were available at the door. The Hancock fans were also provided ample room behind their girl's bench. They had plenty of space available ( and we were packed in

like firewood).

The Cosby Administrators have made every effort to treat Hancock County High School with class and respect. You will not meet a more fair and honest men than

the gentlemen that run Cosby High School. I am proud to say my wife works there and she couldn't ask for better administrators.

The Hancock fans who read this probably have made up their minds about what

happened at the game but I hope the fans of other teams will read this and realize

what the situation actually is.

Sometimes I think coaches, fans and administators fail to realize how their actions and words can affect the athletes. I wonder if the principal even thought about the players on the other team when he made that announcement. Some of these girls were playing their hearts out for the last time. But, that doesn't matter lets just pay the fans and the school back! How LAME!

I understand your upset BigJake. If you hadnt noticed every tough game someone plays there is always a goodbye chant. Your fans whined about it so we made it that much worse. The reason the announcement was made was because you cant come back by 40 points with 45 seconds to go. My god! Could you whine anymore. These girls have worked really really really hard and hadnt been to state since 1975! OF CORSE THEY ARE GONNA CELEBRATE. So lay off it. So all i have to say to you is cry me a river! And about the game..... We got that covered.

To bad that u didn't have the Unaka rangers handled when u went to Unaka cause u got beat by 3.To bad you won't be goin to state.It's to bad the parents wouldn't let us cuss or say stinks cause we would have went crazy!!!

I can say that no one has more class or thinks about the other team any more that Dr. Williams at Cosby. I have been around alot programs and he does it the way it should be done. Dr. Williams owed it to his fans to announce what time the game was to be played. One question, did they say that Cosby would be playing at that time or did they say the winner of the contest would play at that time. If Cosby's name was used then it wasn't the best thing to say even if the game was not in doubt. But I'm sure Dr. Williams wouldn't do anything intentionally to embrass the opposing team. Congrats to Dr. Williams and the Cosby Lady Eagles. Looks like the run you had this season is coming to a close. Great year.

One question, did they say that Cosby would be playing at that time or did they say the winner of the contest would play at that time. If Cosby's name was used then it wasn't the best thing to say even if the game was not in doubt. But I'm sure Dr. Williams wouldn't do anything intentionally to embrass the opposing team. Congrats to Dr. Williams and the Cosby Lady Eagles. Looks like the run you had this season is coming to a close. Great year.

I agree with everything you said about Dr. Williams.

He made sure he announced "the winner of tonight's game". Not "Cosby"

Even though the game was out of reach for hancock.