Bradley Central High

volntn

stanford for basketball? i'm sorry but no...stanford for academics maybe yes...but definately no on basketball because i know for a fact that i and any other humanbeing alive would take a ride to stanford over lowly BELMONT...yes they beat mizzou but that was a fluke. stanford wouldnt' bother recruiting in tennessee for a point guard.

You are absolutely incorrect. He visited in early Febraury and they offered. Reported through media in southeast Tennessee and an article in the Chattanooga paper. Numerous people can verify if they see this. Told him he wouldn't play for two years. He didn't want to move 3,000 miles away. Hard to believe someone would pass it up but he did. Stanford did bother recruiting him. He could be in Cardinal red if he decided he wanted to.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got me man, i was wrong. i seemed to have jumped the gun on that....but i just don't understand, even if it is 3000 miles away it's a better opportunity for education and you get to play against a MUCH higher quality of basketball teams. sometimes there are once in a lifetime chances that ou have to take. that just blows my mind

you got me man, i was wrong. i seemed to have jumped the gun on that....but i just don't understand, even if it is 3000 miles away it's a better opportunity for education and you get to play against a MUCH higher quality of basketball teams. sometimes there are once in a lifetime chances that ou have to take. that just blows my mind

No problem. It is very hard to believe but to each his own. If you know his home life you would understand a little more. His family is heavily involved in helping kids. They have around 10-12 kids in their home(not all related). His brother was Mr. Basketball in 2000. Went to Appy. State now at Samford. Great family from what I know. I know someone who knows them very well.

Before you Dragon fans get too cocky and have to douse your den of dragons that are on "FIRE", you might want to do a little looking at the common opponents for both teams this year.

This shouldn't be considered bragging but I'm just giving the facts that way they are according to the gospel of Tennessee High School Sports..... Coacht.

McMinn County-- Bradley beat McMinn 70-45, 78-53 and 85-34 (district).

Clinton lost to McMinn 98-88 and won 77-64

Oak Ridge--Bradley beat Oak Ridge 72-47 and lost 69-53 (without Pickel).

Clinton lost to Oak Ridge 71-67 and won 61-60.

Cumberland County--Bradley beat Cumb. Co. 75-50 and 74-46.

Clinton won 69-48 and lost 78-75.

William Blount--Bradley beat Blount 83-44 and 73-53.

Clinton beat Blount in the region 48-45.

Ouch and double ouch! Better look close.

Bradley also won the Arby's classic by beating Tennesse High, Riverdale, Ga

Giles County (defending AA state champs) and White Station (2-time defending

AAA champs).

Bradley also defeated Giles County at Martin College (the Giles gym was

apparently too small) 65-57.

Bradley opened the season in Forrest City, Arkansas at the Rumble on the Ridge.

They lost their 1st game to Denham Springs. LA which features Tasmin Mitchell,

the #2 ranked junior in the country according to Sporting News High School Hoops.

They then beat John Carroll out of Birimingham,AL., the 5-AAAAA defending Bama champs who were ranked 12th in the country at the time.

They also have Justin Hare, nominated for Mr. Basketball, just like his brother Josh Hare, who won the award in 2000.

Oh yeah, what happend to the January 10 game that Clinton scheduled to play Bradley but suddenly realized that they "overscheduled" somehow? Looks like they played McMinn County on the 10th. Pretty easy pickins compared to playing the Bears I guesss.

SEE YOU AT THE 'BORO. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from all the games i seen bradley play this year, no contest. i seen Clinton play 2 times against mcminn and gave up 43 points to one player that they couldnt guard. now we are talking about 5 starters with ability and 2 or 3 bench players on top of that. Clinton does not have the players to match up man for man and they have a smothering defense on top of that. Clinton is to slow with the exception of the two guards, i think one of their brothers play at pitt. he is pretty good. cant guard all five starters on bradleys team. good turn around for Clinton though.

bradley by 20

baconbreath, you hit the nail on the head. I will admit that all those games and records are behind us, but rest assured we are coming from Bradley County and we will be bringing it, just like we have game after game, and week after week, all year long. We have one more goal to accomplish. When we do that, we will load our bus and go back to South East Tennessee...

SEE YOU IN THE BORO!

Hare did go to Stanford but they said they would not give him a scholarship. They wanted him to walk on and be on the team. He did not turn them down to honor his Belmont scholarship. In fact I bet if a sec school offered him after state he would go there and not Belmont. Peopl don't need to talk about things they don't know about. He told my boyfriend that he like it out there but it was too far and they didn't offer any money. Nobody is crazy enough to walk on that far away. He should go to Belmont where he can play and get it payed for. Oh and for all you Clinton fans, BCHS is pretty good. We have three real good teams in 5AAA that could beat teams across the state.

Hey Baconbreath, who is correct on Hare?????????? I was told he was offered and refused. I thought they knew what they were talking about. I will admit I am wrong but I swear I thought Hare was offered but had to sit 2 years. Clear this matter up.

I'm not sure about Hare and Stanford. I just know that he was there on February 7 when they beat Arizona. According to the local press he was offered but it was too far from home and he wouldn't play the first two years. He was their #1 recruit at combo guard.

I guess it's neither here nor there about Hare and it really doesn't matter as far as their next game goes. But the Clinton Dragons will run into a bunch of determined, resolved Bears come next Thursday.

The Bradley seniors are 99-9 in their careers (which covers only 3 years since Bradley didn't have a 9th grade when they entered). That's an average of 33 wins per year. Pretty darn good if you ask me!

The 3 losses in 2001-02 were by 2 points at Red Bank, 2 points in double overtime at Oak Ridge and in the state tourney in the first round to White Station by 8 points in the closest game that White Station had in winning the state.

The 3 losses in 2002-03 were in overtime to Oakland at Lebanon, in overtime in the Huntsville Classic and in the state tournament toWhite Station in the championship finals.

The 3 losses this year were at Cleveland by 2 when Pickel broke his hand, at Oak Ridge in the "worst game the Bears have played in 5 years" and to Denham Springs, La in the Rumble on the Ridge in the 2nd game of the year.

As I've said before, I'll take my chances with the Bears, anytime, anywhere!

bb

It really doesn't matter if Stanford offered Justin or not. Right now Justin is playing for a state championhsip along with the rest of his teammates. I don't know if they will get it or not, but I do know that this group of seniors plus Wes and Yarrish( and everyone else) are very deserving of the championship. They are not only very good ball players, they are very humble ones. All this Bradley trash talk on here does not come from the players, but from fans, many whom are not even from Bradley. The Bradley boys are confident ( With a 99-9 record who wouldn't be?), but they are not over-confident or cocky. I think they are good enough to win the state if all the cards fall right for them. Good luck in the state. Bring home the gold, but whatever happens, you have made Bradley County proud these past three years.