New Jeff Co Coach

EastTNGuru

Guest region4fan

Oakland players were told today that Coach Euverard was leaving to go to Jeff County. Good luck to him. He is a great coach, but more importantly a great person. My son played for him and sports a champ ring. We are saddened at Oakland , but happy for Coach U and his family. I know that Marty probably spent much time agonizing over this. I am certain that this is the place that GOD needs him to be.

Guest region4fan

Marty was a stellar football player at a school in East Tennessee back in the day. He won a full ride at MTSU and I think was an All American. His Dad still lives in East TN and Marty has always wanted to get back up that way. Marty has always allowed kids to play more than one sport. Oakland has won several state championships in baseball, and many players also played football. Our star tailback also played basketball.

I assume that Marty will try to see what athletes are at Jeff Cty before deciding about to throw or not to throw. He tried to take 2 on our staff with him, but they both remained at Oakland. So I don't know who he has in mind.

He runs out of a Base I formation....Or he did at oakland. He is a very very good coach, and yall are lucky to be gettin him. as far as 2 sport athletes, thats fine. We had several at oakland while i was there. He understands that. East Tenn. Connection...no clue...

As for the freshman coach...he is a new one...only been there 3 years i believe. Sad sad day for oakland when that happened

Guest region4fan

Actually the Freshman coach has only been there a yr and a half. they ran a background check and there was no indication that there was a problem of that nature. I think it was one of those crazy mid life things. he admitted to all and never smeared the girl's name. he actually loves her and wants to marry her. There is more of that stuff in high schools than you think.