Brooke Johnson

muffin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooke is going to CN because she wants to. Its that simple. She has nothing to prove to anyone. Her choice of a college need only to make her happy. She is happy with her decision.

I went to College with Coach Walsh. He is a very good coach. He is extremely happy to have a PERSON/ATHLETE like Brooke Johnson coming into his program. She will have a positive impact on their program.

I was at the Loretto-Seymour game. I was impressed with both teams.Loretto played hard. So did our Seymour's girls. Loretto should be back to the tournament next year. Seymour should be back next year. Loretto had a good defensive plan on controlling Brooke. They seem to collapse 3 players down on Brooke at all times. thats the way it seemed to me but I am not a basketball coach.

I have known Brooke for several years now. She a very good athlete. She is a very good student. She is a very good person. She has class. She has alot more class than those people who get on this board, hide behind a "web name" and belittle a high school student/athlete.

People like "Ball Fan" (who is probably a student from Loretto) are just looking for attention. Brooke, its not even tough to ignore people like "Ball Fan". People are always going to criticize other people. It makes them feel good about themself. It makes them forget about their own shortcomings.

Ball Fan, keep supporting your teams and your girls. Just stop treading on Brooke Johnson.

Edited by LAUDERDALE

Lauderdale... you were at the Loretto game and did not find me??? I am disappointed in you!!! Awesome post by the way - what is this about you not being a basketball coach? I seem to remember that as being a part of your resume. Thank you for keeping "my girls" in line for me. As should have been expected some people that maybe out of ignorance or just jealousy feel the need to run their mouth and create problems where there should be none. I am glad that Brooke is a strong person and will not let what idiots say effect her. I only wish I had her strength or character!!! But I am churlish and cannot help myself. If you can form an opinion about a player after only one game - you are better than the best recruiters in the country. I seem to remember that Seymour was in serious foul trouble in that game... Johnson had 4 in the first half if I remember correctly - that will effect how a player plays the game. I think she is a pretty darn good ball handler and passer - that is why I played her at the point guard position some when she was a freshman and sophomore. The fact that she shoots about 40% or so for a career from the 3 pt line would indicate that she is a fair shooter. The fact that she has scored over 2600 pts would indicate that she is a great scorer with very unselfish teammates. What makes Brooke the best player I have ever coached... 1. great hands 2. humility - she continues to work hard 3. good teamates Carson Newman got a steal. I am proud of Brooke and the rest of the Lady Eagles. I miss my girls but am proud of what they accomplished. Congradulations to Randy Moore and the rest of the Seymour Community. Lauderdale - don't be a stranger.

I AM A DIE HARD Loretto LADY MUSTANG AND A I THINK JANA CROSS IS A SUPER BASKETBALL PLAYER, BUT I DONT THINK IT HELPS OUR SCHOOL OR JANA TO BASH BROOKE JOHNSON. I SAW BROOKE PLAY TWICE IN THE TOURNAMENT, AND SHE IS A VERY TALENTED BASKETBALL PLAYER. JUST BEING NOMINATED FOR MISS BASKETBALL SHOULD ATTEST FOR THAT. SHE HAS INCREDIBLE STATS OVER HER CAREER AND I CAN SEE WHY THE Seymour FANS ARE SO CRAZY ABOUT THIS YOUNG LADY. I ALSO SAW A LOT OF OTHER TALENTED GIRLS ON THE Seymour SQUAD. SOME OF THEM STRUGGLED IN THE SEMI-FINALS, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM BAD PLAYERS. Loretto FANS SHOULD KNOW THAT GIRLS CAN HAVE A BAD NIGHT, AS WE HAVE HAD SOME OVER THE SEASON FROM SOME OF OUR BEST PLAYERS. JANA IS OFF TO GREAT HIGH SCHOOL CAREER AND I THINK THE BEST PART IS YET TO COME OVER THE NEXT TWO YEARS. THERE ARE SEVERAL GIRLS ON THE Loretto TEAM WITH BRIGHT FUTURES IN SPORTS BEYOND THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL. WE WOULD NOT LIKE PEOPLE FROM OTHER PLACES BASHING "OUR GIRLS", SO LETS STAY POSITIVE ON BROOKE AND THE REST OF THE GIRLS FROM Seymour. MY APOLIGIZES GO OUT TO Seymour ON BEHALF OF THE Loretto FANS. I DONT KNOW WHO Ball-FAN IS, BUT BY THE WAY HE OR SHE SPELLS THE WORD Loretto, I AM NOT SURE IS FROM OUR AREA.

Edited by 4MUSTANGS

4Mustangs you are correct. Nice job on your post! Shows alot of CLASS!

Channel 1! Whats Up!!!!! Had I known you were there I would have found you. I hope everything is going well at OS! I hope THEY realize what they HAVE in you as a Coach and a Person.

I may have been on the basketball coaching staff, but I still do not believe that I have the knowledge to call myself a "basketball coach." I'm not saying you didn't try though.

Now Wrestling, thats another matter!

I do however, love this group of Seymour girls. They have been through alot. I just couldn't let this Ball Fan trash one of them. She is one of ours. She is a Seymour Girl. DON"T TREAD ON ONE OF OURS!

Ball Fan, if you are a "True" fan of the Loretto Girls basketball program, then do what is best for the program. Stop trash talking about a 17 year old female high school student.

Use all the effort you put into putting down high school athletes to help the program your love. Promote your school and your players all you want. Love them whether they win or lose. Be there when they need you. Be there when it seems they don't need you. Help them out with $$ or Volunteer to help in any way you can. Help work the gate, concessions, or aid in the clean up following a home contest.

Listen to 4Mustangs. Don't embarrass the outstanding Ladies who are part of the Loretto team. Since you claim to be a fan, then show it.

4Mustangs you are correct. Nice job on your post! Shows alot of CLASS!

Channel 1! Whats Up!!!!! Had I known you were there I would have found you. I hope everything is going well at OS! I hope THEY realize what they HAVE in you as a Coach and a Person.

I may have been on the basketball coaching staff, but I still do not believe that I have the knowledge to call myself a "basketball coach." I'm not saying you didn't try though.

Now Wrestling, thats another matter!

I do however, love this group of Seymour girls. They have been through alot. I just couldn't let this Ball Fan trash one of them. She is one of ours. She is a Seymour Girl. DON"T TREAD ON ONE OF OURS!

Ball Fan, if you are a "True" fan of the Loretto Girls basketball program, then do what is best for the program. Stop trash talking about a 17 year old female high school student.

Use all the effort you put into putting down high school athletes to help the program your love. Promote your school and your players all you want. Love them whether they win or lose. Be there when they need you. Be there when it seems they don't need you. Help them out with $$ or Volunteer to help in any way you can. Help work the gate, concessions, or aid in the clean up following a home contest.

Listen to 4Mustangs. Don't embarrass the outstanding Ladies who are part of the Loretto team. Since you claim to be a fan, then show it.

LISTEN THOSE GUTS STARTED BRAGGING ABOUT HOW SHE WAS GOING TO DOMINATE THE GAME IF YOU TAKE THE CRITIZISM DONT START BLOWING OFF AT THE MOUTH FACT IS TRUTH HURTS

Whose "guts" did what? Oh, I guess you meant those "guys" started it. Let me point out a few "Truths" to you Ball Fan.

1. It was those guys, not Brooke Johnson.

2. Those guys did not state anything negative about the ladies on the Loretto team. (at least if they did you have not pointed it out and I am sure by now you would have done so in one of your posts).

3. Your attack was on Brooke, not on those individuals who were, how did you put it, "blowing off at the mouth". They are the ones that you should be addressing not Brooke.

4. As far as it being "their fault" for bragging about someone they love and admire, you could have done the same. You chose the path of least resistance, the easy approach. "It is much easier to destroy than it is to build" You chose to attack an individual rather than build up your team.

5. Brooke was a major factor in Seymour's defeat of Loretto. With the defense crowding down, that left some open shots for other members of Seymour's team.

6. Your right, it was not Brooke Johnson that defeated Loretto. One person alone could never defeat a team as good as Loretto. It was a total team effort on Seymour's part that defeated Lorreto. As it should have been.