Final two weeks of the season

DOWN TO EDMONTON AND NASHVILLE FOR THE LAST SPOT. Preds need a Vancouver win or a one more point against Colorado than Edmonton ends up with.

Edmonton 1 game remaining

Mar 22 at LA W

Mar 24 Dallas OTL

Mar 26 LAW

Mar 28 PhoenixW

Mar 30 at St. LouisL

Mar 31 at DallasW

Apr 3 at Vancouver

Nashville 1 game remaining

Mar 23 Anaheim L

Mar 25 at NYRW

Mar 27 ColumbusOTL

Mar 30 ChicagoW

Apr 1 at ChicagoW

Apr 3 St. LouisL

Apr 4 at Colorado

Edited by fromthetop2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am openly apologizing to FHSRebel27 and offering to bury the hatchet. Clearly, I have upset you somewhere along the way. No need to attack each other for our posts; we can just say we have our differences of opinions, views, and loyalties. A passionate discussion of our views, our analysis of situations, information sharing, and seeing what the other guy is thinking is what this board is about. I'll watch the responses from my end in the future. Agreed?

Edited by fromthetop2

You're a Brentwood fan, of course you've done something to upset me somewhere along the way... :lol:

I'm too fanatical probably about my sports teams and this is why I jumped on you about the Preds. Listening to the post game shows and hearing all these negative folks... if I would have been able to get through on the phone, I would have vented on them but I wasn't so I had to go off on you. I appologize. So it's all good... besides the fact that you're a Republican and a Bruin, I like ya alright. Gonna be there vs the Avs on Saturday? ;) I will! GO PREDS!

Prior commitment for Saturday. I left with such a bad taste in my mouth that I ALMOST swore off going anymore. I didn't boo-I never boo-but I dog cussed them a bunch of times. Just kind of sat there with my arms folded hoping the camera didn't catch me looking like I want to smack somebody. I just don't get them (the Preds) sometimes. They couldn't or wouldn't push anybody away from the goal, they stand around on defense too much and don't move the puck as well as they should be doing-and then at other times, when they get motivated-they play excellent hockey. Hartnell is getting on my bad list very soon, joining Legwand and Arky, unless he starts showing up to play. They just don't take the attack to the other team enough to suit me, particularly at this stage of the season. I'm sure they're getting emotionally worn down by this new concept called "playoff pressure," but this is what life in the NHL is all about. What do you think?

(I tried not to make these points too difficult for you to grasp, being a Democrat and a Rebel supporter. . .LOL!!)

I certainly do understand your frustrations. When you think about it as only having won TWO of the last 12... well even I can't put a positive spin on that. I am hoping and praying that last night was a huge wake up call to the guys (though that wake up call should have happened earlier like Friday vs Edmonton). See that's the thing, the Calgary game had me excited... and I know they can play like that. Hopefully tomorrow night will be better.

I don't know if I buy the "playoff pressure" stuff because they were in the hunt last year until the 15 game debacle. They should be used to it. That's just my take. It's like someone said last night to me, when they play the great teams of the leauge we see Predators A and when it's an Anaheim we see Predators B.

Need to pull big time tonight for Dallas and Canucks.

It would seem to me that the Preds would be putting together their game, beating the teams they should beat, and playing hard and letting the puck fall against the better teams-which is whom they will be playing against in the playoffs. But having won only two games this month, and getting tied in a bunch of others, they just are sputtering right now.

I don't see any playoff momentum. I agree with the Predators A, Predators B-it would be a similar situation if Franklin played tough against Brentwood and Dickson County, and then fight for their lives against Kenwood and Clarksville going into the playoffs. Would drive you crazy. Truthfully, teams like Edmonton ARE putting it together in the stretch. At one point I was hoping to catch Calgary; now I'm hoping we can out point three veteran teams.

They now have NO margin for error. Have to beat Rangers, Columbus, but can we hope for a split against Chicago, and one win between St. Louis and Colorado? It is VERY believable that we get just one point against Chicago, one point against Blues and Av's and end up the season with 88-90 points. We need 10 points between now and the end of the season. Only bright spot is Edmonton has only four games after tonight and a maximum of 8 points to be gained, providing they lose against a hot Dallas team.

That's what my away message on AIM says right now... "Go Dallas! Go Vancouver!"

I really do have a feeling that we're gonna be fine. I'm thinking we're going to break the Chicago curse and get them both times and I think we'll be fine Sat. night at home vs Columbus. The St. Louis game concerns me but I think we'll at least get a tie and Colorado... well you just never know. It's gonna be fun though. Just gotta turn it up quite a bit and we'll be good to go. GO PREDS!

Next two days are HUGE going into the weekend. Tonight, St. Louis plays Anaheim, Nashville plays Rangers. Friday Edmonton and LA mix it up. Need to pull for, in this order:Preds regulation win, Anaheim regulation win, LA regulation win. None of our competitors needs to come out of their games with points. A tie by any of them without a Pred win puts Nashville underwater. They play four straight games against non-playoff teams. Part of Nashville's problem lately has been an ineffective power play. That unit was 1-for-9 Tuesday, and is 1-for-17 over the past four games.

PLENTY of chances for the Preds tonight... but... well, it's hard to continue to be positive so may I be negative for a minute? You're skating with the puck just to the left of the goalie, you have a great look, oh, wait... no, I'll pass it. What in the world?! I noticed this several times tonight, especially in the OT. Tomas made some great saves to get us the point. That's where I can be positive. At least we got a point. We'd be 8th if the playoffs started today but since they don't, I'll say we're tied for 7th. Chicago, Chicago, St. Louis, Colorado. I think we could easily go 3-1 in these next four games... or we could easily go 1-3. I think we need at least two wins and an OT game to get us in. I could be wrong, we'll see. Whatever the case, GO PREDS!