Final two weeks of the season

Trotz has been burned about the very same thing for some time now. Nobody wants to "shoot!" It is in a way similar to a big time basketball player not wanting the final shot in a tight game, just being content to pass it to someone else-even when they are wide open. Inexperience, tightness, gutlessness-what? You can't score if you don't shoot the puck at the net! And even if you don't make it, you might have a rebound come out and get a second chance. To lose in overtime to the Dog-Jackets, at YOUR HOUSE, at this time of the season, is inexcusable. Second straight home game screw-up. When you get chances to get two and only get one point (which I guess is better and less fatal than NONE); well all I can say is that the Preds have put themselves in a situation where they have to get points every night and hope Edmonton cools off, and St. Louis falls short. I think LA is cooked.

Seatbelts tight boys, it's coming down to a photo-finish!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well LA might be cooked but it's starting to look like the Preds are the next in line for that oven. St. Louis AND Edmonton win today- not good. That means those two are tied for 7th (Edmonton would get 8th) and the Preds are on the outside looking in for the time being. But Edmonton has played one game more than the Preds. I'm staying away from the GEC on Tuesday and my car flags are staying down. Last Tuesday, go to the GEC, they lose. We had taken dad's car so I put the flags on there and didn't put them back up until Saturday. Thursday- they win. Saturday- they lose and I was there. I figure I'm bad luck... but I'll still pull for 'em. GO PREDS!

Back to back against Chicago with their collective backs against the wall. They have screwed around long enough not collecting wins that they now have to win 4 out of 4 to be guaranteed a playoff spot. The problem, as we know, is that the Black Hawks have owned the Preds this season. Hope it doesn't go down to winner take all against St. Louis.

Sobering stats for the Preds:

3 wins the month of March, worst month of the year since October (4 wins but in only 9 games). January they had 10, February 6-so the trend is not good.

Preds have not won a home game since Feb. 28th.

Vokun ranks 34th out of 45 goalies who have played this year in GAA with 2.57 per game, and ranks 30th out of all goalies with a .908 save percentage. Much of the blame can be laid at the doorstep of the defenders. Got some other stats but they all paint the same picture-Preds transmission is slipping just when they needed it to kick into fourth gear.

Preds need to go 3-1 in their last 4. We play Chicago thurs and I believe St Louis and Edmonton play each other. Since Edmonton has only 3 games remaining, I just as soon see St. louis win because I don't believe Edmonton can win back to back against Dallas and Vancouver. (both away) Preds go 3-1 with one edmonton loss, and we win the tiebreaker. (most wins)

Last, we can't tie anyone, but I believe St Louis can survive a tie.

Dandy, glad to see you jump in!-I was beginning to think this was becoming a private chat room between myself and FHSRebel27.

Tonight and tomorrow make or break the entire season. Need a Blues victory as well. Kiss LA good-bye.

Three team race down the stretch!!

Edited by fromthetop2

Will be at the game, section 302, row k, seats13, 14. Look me up, Preds fans.

Will be in section 320, row c, seats 1,2, saturday against the Bloosers.

Get your tickets tonight. Should be 10.00 off coupons in todays liberal rag. Probably coupons at Taco Bell.

See everybody there.

GO PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!