East Tn 4A Top 5 2004

CoachT junkie

Ok, everyone from around knox and surrounding counties knows how good Maryville has and will be, but please do remember and look back on one of the main things that got em there........a CLINTON COACH!!!! Mistakes and i mean HUGE mistakes have been made in Clinton's past, but the biggest was letting Gaylor go. And the whole Clinton "community" knew that and of course when something is done against their wishes no one will be supportive, thats clinton's problem, but the boys are getting disciplined now and i think the real competitive side will come out.......No of course they will be no MARYVILLE this year, but give em a few. You have to remember this program is being completely rebuilt and its about time......so just give em a rest, but good luck to maryville keep ahold of gaylor and you will have no problems......

GO DRAGONS!!!!!

Gaylor does a great job at Maryville.He is one of many great assistant coaches that Maryville has.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, everyone from around knox and surrounding counties knows how good Maryville has and will be, but please do remember and look back on one of the main things that got em there........a CLINTON COACH!!!! Mistakes and i mean HUGE mistakes have been made in Clinton's past, but the biggest was letting Gaylor go. And the whole Clinton "community" knew that and of course when something is done against their wishes no one will be supportive, thats clinton's problem, but the boys are getting disciplined now and i think the real competitive side will come out.......No of course they will be no MARYVILLE this year, but give em a few. You have to remember this program is being completely rebuilt and its about time......so just give em a rest, but good luck to maryville keep ahold of gaylor and you will have no problems......

GO DRAGONS!!!!!

Wrong! Gaylor is a good coach but without him make no mistake, Maryville would be right where they are without him. Maryville is better with him but GQ and Ellis are the heart of a great staff. Taking nothing away from all the asst. coaches, every one of them are committed to hard work and have dedication to achieve to excellence by getting good players to play great and averages players to play well. The program is at a level that produces fine young men and oh, by the way the win-loss percentage speakes for itself.

Maybe Gaylor had to go somewhere so he could win it all and Clinton was not the place. Good luck on turning those heads, Maryville intends to win the region by turning out shutouts and yards!

Ha, I love how everyone just likes to disagree with EVERYTHING that EVERYONE says I know that is the beauty of COACHT, but I never said that he was the only reason. People like to jump to the conclusions that people think that they know everything and I know that I don't, but I do know that he was a great addition to your coaching staff and it doesn't help that Knox schools are able to pay their coaches and teachers more than Anderson Co. and that does not include Oak Ridge when i talk about anderson co. I would have done the same thing that he did....

It is too early to tell who will be the best 4A team in East Tennessee. You have to factor key injuries or transfers in the situation.

Maryville should be a great team if they stay away from key injuries. Losing Cade Thompson would kill Maryville's season. Maryville had a ton of injuries in 2002 and 2003. I hope they can stay injury free in 2004.The sky is the limit for this team.I know that George Quarles was very pleased with spring practice. I know that Maryville returns 8 starters on offense and 6 on defense.

1. Maryville

2. Chatt Central

3. Tie between MOWest and Knox Central

4. Rhea County

Chatt Central will be very experienced this season.They gave Maryville all they wanted in the playoff game last season. MOWest and Central lost a bunch of great players. MOWest lost 10 starters on defense. Central loses Caseen Jackson to graduation and Lee Smith to a transfer.Several coaches left also.But. Central and MOWest will still be tough to beat. Rhea County will be better because Tim Hammontree will demand toughness.

Powell,Cleveland and Tennessee High should be tough also.

i argree with you rebelron. chatt. central is returning 10 of 11 starters on defense and 7 of 11 on offense. the defense will be very fast and love to punish people. the offense will have speed as well. they will very tough to handle. but the thing is, no matter who you are, you have to get past maryville. i think it would be an even better game this year if chatt. central and maryville play.

It is too early to tell who will be the best 4A team in East Tennessee. You have to factor key injuries or transfers in the situation.

Maryville should be a great team if they stay away from key injuries. Losing Cade Thompson would kill Maryville's season. Maryville had a ton of injuries in 2002 and 2003. I hope they can stay injury free in 2004.The sky is the limit for this team.I know that George Quarles was very pleased with spring practice. I know that Maryville returns 8 starters on offense and 6 on defense.

1. Maryville

2. Chatt Central

3. Tie between MOWest and Knox Central

4. Rhea County

Chatt Central will be very experienced this season.They gave Maryville all they wanted in the playoff game last season. MOWest and Central lost a bunch of great players. MOWest lost 10 starters on defense. Central loses Caseen Jackson to graduation and Lee Smith to a transfer.Several coaches left also.But. Central and MOWest will still be tough to beat. Rhea County will be better because Tim Hammontree will demand toughness.

Powell,Cleveland and Tennessee High should be tough also.

Rebron: I almost always agree with your posts however I can't agree with your statement that if MHS was to lose" Cade Thompson (it) would kill Maryville's season. Cade is a good kid who works hard but simply is in the right place at the right time. Last year, at year end with 28 starts at QB he again displayed his worst tendency, the tendency to be inconsistent and make bad decisions. I would be hard pressed to remember a Maryville QB who the skill Cade does at QB.

Having said this I will be the first to tell you he had the best spring of many of those past QB's except for maybe McCray going into his senior year. The big difference this year is I am not yet sure who GQ could go to if Cade has that bad game that surly plagues many signal callers at the HS level. Cade is also fortunate to be surrounded with a large, talented, strong and experienced O Line. I do think Maryville will again return to the top of 4A in the East.

Speaking to Mr. coacht-junkie just what has MoWest accomplished? A trip to the SCG? Congrats, Maryville has about 10 trips to the big game in history and 6 trips have been in since 97. Oh by the way 5 of those trips brought home the gold. Mowest got there last year congratz again, hope you enjoyed that 119 total yards on 39 possessions last year. SO if it is OK with you, We in Blount County are proud of the MHS Red Rebels and real accomplishments. Look for me on Sept 17th; I'll be the guy in RED! BY the way football is played in the cold, dark and sometimes in the rain!

REBELRON,

You know I love ya' man but I have to agree with FBE on this one. Case in point; do you remeber two years ago when we lost our starting QB to a torn ACL (I think his name was Alex Rouse)? There was this skinny, inexperienced sophomore who came in and proceeded to take MHS to win the gold ball. I think his name was Cade Thompson. I believe we have some more of these guys in the stable. That is proof that it can be done.

Edited by Rebelsman