Top Five 17/u Teams

Story goes that the team was booked on a return flight which required that the team depart the hotel at 2:30 am to make the flight, and the adults that were supposed to see to it didn't show up til 3:45 or so. Both teams missed the flight which left everyone stranded and having to rebook individually and fly standby to get back home. The adults got back...some of the players were left on their own to get back and some took 2 days. Their parents had to help them back and some had to fly thru other cities with long lay overs, sleeping in the airports and eating in them.

My admonition to all of you "Travel Team Coaches"...if you are going to take someone else's child on a trip away from home, remember you are the surrogate parent and act accordingly. This kind of irresponsible behavior is not understood nor tolerated by good parents, and will be the demise of many of the AAU programs. This is just one step away from a multimillion dollar lawsuit...leaving kids 2000 miles from home to fend for themselves!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

These are just some observations from looking at the results from Houston. Any teams left out, that is the reason why.

Four teams stand out because they all ended up in the Gold Division: YOMCA, Ballerz, Travelers, and Dreams. Obviously YOMCA stands out from all of the other ones because they did make it all the way to the semi's. The other three are amazingly equal. I know the Ballerz beat the Travelers, but no Jamont. Don't get that argument started again.

Others participating in Houston and not very impressive (all ended up in Bronze division losing in the first round) BAM, Team Tennessee, Nashville Stallions.

There are some other standouts that did not participate in Houston, namely Charles Davis, and all of the Knoxville teams. I haven't seen them, so I can't rank them. If anyone knows anything about them, please post.

What would a true top 10 look like?

My top 8:

1. YOMCA

2. Ballerz

3. Travelers

4. Dreams

5. Charles Davis

6. BAM

7. Nashville Stallions

8. Team Tennessee (would be lower if I knew more teams, not very impressed)

It was mentioned earlier that the Ballerz 16's are playing in the 17u state. Are there any other teams doing so? Where would they fit into these rankings? If the Murfreesboro Stars were playing 17u they would fall somewhere in the 3-5 range.

Edited by eagle79

EAGLE 79, ALL TEAMS WERE IMPRESSIVE BECAUSE ITS ABOUT EXPOSURE. MANY OF THE PLAYERS ARE RECIVING RECURTING PACKAGES FROM COLLEGES THAT ARE INTRESTED IN GIVING THEM SCHOLARSHIPS. GRAT JOB TO ALL TENNESSEE TEAMS WHO WENT TO HOUSTON. ITS ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS.

B.A.M.'s results to date:

AAU Super Regional Atlanta,GA

Atlanta Gladiators 71-64 W

Smyrna (GA) Stars 71-66 L

Atlanta Celtics 77-69L

AAU Sub State Lynchburg, TN

Nashville Stallions 73-53 W

Team Tennessee 101-36 W

Sumner Black Knights 91-56 W

Kingwood Classic Houston, TX

(Pool play)

Los Angeles Rockfish 61-57 L