? at marion county baseball

purplenmyblood

That hasn't been proven. He wasn't the only one there.

There is such a thing as due process you know.

Del.

It hasn't been proven, but Coach has admitted to it...He shot the dude, 'cuz he was shot at first, and the guy was in his yard. Anyway, that's not up to anyone on this board to speculate about, that's between him and the court. By the way, CMP, you seem to have a lot of insight. I'd like to get a personal one on one opinion from you sometime if you don't mind. I like you're comment about the times, but I want a further elaboration. We'll set that up in the future.

AC :rolleyes:

Anytime Stevie Ray just let old cmp know when.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great. You can catch me at FenderSRVHendrix if you have AOL. If not, email me at FenderSRVHendrix@netscape.net. As for Ted Ladd, I've had him in class...With that in mind, let me ask all you unempathetic imbeciles something...You're telling me (since many of you said 'self defense or not, I wouldn't want my child in the classroom with him') that if you were shot at, and you had a chance to defend yourself, you wouldn't do it? I'd say due to the circumstances ('cuz you are being shot at) you'd be at rest right now...So before you point the finger at Ted Ladd or anyone else, take a look at yourself and see what you'd do in that situation. Once again, this situation is between him and the court, and has nothing to do with any of you. I'll be the first to tell you that Coach Ladd is a great guy, and has every right in every way to set everyone one of you down and have a nice long talk...Then again, you're undeserving of his time or any explanation from him since you're so quick to jump to conclusions. And all the speculation about him not being re-hired doesn't mean crap until you've heard from a credible source. You people are making it out like Ted has the mindset of bringing a gun to school WHICH IS NOT THE CASE! He has a personal life that doesn't come through the doors with him at school, just like everyone else in that school. For instance, I like to fish, and make music, but I'm not going to bring my tackle box and fishing pole to school, or walk through the doors with my guitar and amp and the rest of my band to set up in the hall, just like Ted wouldn't bring his rifle to school, and declare it "open season." So, have a nice day, and trust me, you're kids are safe.

AC ;)

Marion Co. would be losing a good coach and person if they lose Coach Ladd. I know the man personally and I feel it is "open season" except it is by Fred Taylor on the coaches at MCHS. He already got rid of Tim as football coach and now I hear he has his sights set on Ladd and Roberts. Well I said awhile back but will repeat it Marion Co. is going to mess around and let him sink their athletic program. I reallly hate it for the young men who put on the Warrior uniforms that their best interest is not taken into consideration. Oh well The community may end up with what they want or better yet desreve.

I agree with wardawg. It seems like Fred Taylor is trying to get rid of all the coaches. First Coach Tim Taylor who did a great job with what he had to work with as in players. Coach Ladd has led his team to a great season so far this year and a chance to win the district if they beat Grundy. As for Coach Roberts, he didnt have a very successful first season as basketball coach but he knows what he is talking about. I've talked to him about basketball before and he knows what he is doing with the kids. If Coach Ladd and Roberts are both gone after this year look for Marion athletics overall start to go down. I just wish parents and people of the community who keep up with the program would step up and say something. All the kids love these coaches from what i've seen.

I agree with wardawg. It seems like Fred Taylor is trying to get rid of all the coaches. First Coach Tim Taylor who did a great job with what he had to work with as in players. Coach Ladd has led his team to a great season so far this year and a chance to win the district if they beat Grundy. As for Coach Roberts, he didnt have a very successful first season as basketball coach but he knows what he is talking about. I've talked to him about basketball before and he knows what he is doing with the kids. If Coach Ladd and Roberts are both gone after this year look for Marion athletics overall start to go down. I just wish parents and people of the community who keep up with the program would step up and say something. All the kids love these coaches from what i've seen.

I can't comment on how things would be if Ladd is not rehired but I must ask, What are you smoking...do you REALLY think the kids like Coach Roberts?? I haven't heard of any of the basketball players that like that jerk, (well maybe one), and same goes for the parents too. He might know a little about the game but he has NO respect for his players and very little for their parents. Personally, I hope he's not back at MCHS next year, but I will support the players either way.

whoever said that about roberts not caring about his players, i will call you a liar to your face whether we are friends or not. that is absolute bull crap if you ask me. there is nothing that that man would not do for his players. if you can't take a coach gettin on a players case, take him somewhere else. quit babying your kids. i've heard this crap for long enough around our town and i'm tired of hearing it. he picks the players up if they do something good and corrects them if they do wrong. you need to get off his case just because he is more intense than you should've been raising your kid. as far as none of the kids liking him except maybe one, i can think of it as the opposite. if that's the case then why in the world do they laugh and cut up with him, play ping pong with him, call him up when they need to talk or need something? that's what i'd do if i didn't like someone!!!!!!!! (sarcasm) he is a very excellent coach and has a good relationship with his players despite what some people say. does anyone know how to take someone as intense as him? take his knowledge and use it, take how he says it and let it roll off. he has never said one thing out of the way to his players, trust me i know. if you don't agree with me, just tell me i'm not hard to find, i'm at pretty much every baseball game and every basketball game.

now the ladd/roberts job situation is very upsetting, disheartening, and disappointing. here are two great guys who know their respective sports and even better teach their sports and on top of that they work hard to make the kids better people. grimes i really wish that you stand up to the "higher" people and tell them that you can not afford to get rid of two teachers, just one, mrs. loyd (who is retiring). as an alumni of that school and as involved as i am i will be very very disappointed and angered if either one of them are dismissed. these two guys had set jobs but chose our school because they knew that they could make a difference and would enjoy this town a lot better. why can't we show them that our town is behind our schools and athletics? instead our community is doing it's political thing and hiding under the skirts of the big wigs and not having the guts to come out and fight for what is right. i'm embarassed and apologize to these two guys for that. i'm sad to say but if these two guys get on somewhere else my support is going with them. let me open up another can of worms here. talkin about teachers not under tenure, what about the new "cheerleading coach"? why is her name not being tossed around? because our front office let's the current cheerleading sponsor run the school and gets away with anything she wants. she is not retiring from teaching, just coaching. why not let her watch the girls during school and have a sponsor come in after school to coach and do the games and stuff. here's another thing, the high school has to get rid of one more teacher, but why is the middle school looking to fill a position? here's what i say grimes tell them you can't afford to get rid of anyone, and two "DR" taylor is the worst thing to ever happen to the marion county school system. that's who needs to pack his stuff and hit the road.

Sounds like another disgrundled parent?????I believe Coach Roberts had a meeting about halfway through the season with parents, to discuss things. I believe one parent had some negative things to say about how he was to hard on them etc and about 10 came to his defense. They said he had been up front with them about his discipline and they were for it. I admit he is intense, speaks his mind and works the kids hard, heck he had 6:45 am workouts that no one missed. As a matter of fact not one person quit, if it was as bad as you say I think that would be just the opposite.

Sounds like another disgrundled parent?????I believe Coach Roberts had a meeting about halfway through the season with parents, to discuss things. I believe one parent had some negative things to say about how he was to hard on them etc and about 10 came to his defense. They said he had been up front with them about his discipline and they were for it. I admit he is intense, speaks his mind and works the kids hard, heck he had 6:45 am workouts that no one missed. As a matter of fact not one person quit, if it was as bad as you say I think that would be just the opposite.

Many people including gobblersknob think that coach Roberts is a bad coach and has no respect for his players. Well I'm a student at Marion and I know pretty much every athlete in this school and the ones who play for coach Roberts think very highly of him and he has a lot of respect for his players and their concerns. The players like his coaching and want him back next year along with coach Ladd. The team has obviously become very adapted to their coaching styles and that shows in the way they play. And as for the situation with coach Ladd, no one should judge him or his actions unless they were actually in that situation. Not many people know the exact story and they shouldn't say that this or that was wrong or that he shouldn't have done this or that.