? at marion county baseball

purplenmyblood

Coach Roberts and Coach Ladd are 2 excellent people and 2 excellent coaches all yall that are mad with coach roberts saying he has no respect for his players are full of it his players jokes aorund wit him and cut up wit each other after and b 4 games and pratices what wud a coach be if he made jokes wwit his player when they were losing they be lossing every game that seems to be what some of yall want is to lose every game I like other want to see marion co. athletics to suceed and coach roberts is a great guy to help it happen...Now coach ladd is on the top of my great coaches i know oof..he wants his player to suceed in high school and want them to go on to the next level in what they do and he is there to help that happen all yall parents need to chill on these coaches and let the school board decide what to dd not yall becuz if yall was the school board then we wud be the sorriest athletic school in tennessee...

Edited by WarriorPride11

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Roberts and Coach Ladd are 2 excellent people and 2 excellent coaches all yall that are mad with coach roberts saying he has no respect for his players are full of it his players jokes aorund wit him and cut up wit each other after and b 4 games and pratices what wud a coach be if he made jokes wwit his player when they were losing they be lossing every game that seems to be what some of yall want is to lose every game I like other want to see marion co. athletics to suceed and coach roberts is a great guy to help it happen...Now coach ladd is on the top of my great coaches i know oof..he wants his player to suceed in high school and want them to go on to the next level in what they do and he is there to help that happen all yall parents need to chill on these coaches and let the school board decide what to dd not yall becuz if yall was the school board then we wud be the sorriest athletic school in tennessee...

Looks like I got some panties in a knot by making a comment about Roberts!! All I can tell you is that I've been a faithful fan of MC atheletics for many years, know the parents and the kids and I have not heard one good word about him, (Roberts) from their mouths. Its not up to me if he stays or goes but as said before I will still support the program/players no matter what becomes of the situation.

Another thing, if those of you wish to further your educations or make a decent living, please, please learn proper grammer.

The very same thing that has happened in this community for what seems like a lifetime is that no one wants to stand up for what they beleive is RIGHT! They simply want to sit by and let things happen. It appears that the ones making the decisions, or at least having the vote to make those decisions honestly has our childrens best interst at heart. Are we a community that operates in the dark of night with meetings that are published and then rescheduled without the publics knowledge or that we don't even know what those decision makers vote on? What about the Sunshine law? Decisions that affect our community, our children and our future are important!!! Are we a community that has become complacement with what some would call "leaders" to make the right decisons for our children. I have always been under the impression that our elected officals work for us, perhaps I was mistaken. Let me encourge you now to vote! You elect the people in the office that are making decisons for our community and our children and thus our future! Proceed with CAUTION! Our schoold board, county commision, mayor and other elected officials are elected by YOU THE PEOPLE!! Register and then make it a point to VOTE!!!!

The negative comments that have been made above regarding Coach Steven Roberts I would beg to differ. I would certainly encourge anyone out there to have a converation with Coach Roberts or any one of the basketball palyers that played for him this past season. The resounding comments from palyers were that he was extremely disciplined , that he cared about each player both on the court and off and that he taught them more about the game than they previously had known. I would encourage you to listen to the fact that the majority of the boys said that when Coach yelled it was very necessary. What I heard from more than one player was the fact that when "Coach yelled at me I needed it." Strange that not one boy quit the team and although MCHS did not have a winning season on the score board the boys took away skills and discipline. Given an opportunity, it is my opinion, that Coach Roberts will bring MCHS baseketball to the front and allow them to be compeative with other schools in our district. I would certainly appreicate the support of Coach Roberts as a future basketball coach at MCHS.

Ted Ladd, when I consider the possiblity that our children could potentially be at risk to lose Ted Ladd as a teacher and a coach, I shudder! My personal observation of Ted Ladd has been that he is a constant positive leader in the classroom, on the golf course and on the baseball field.

I would encourge any of you who have not atteneded a basebball game or a golf outing to join Ted Ladd with his students. Should you have an opportunity to do that I know your observation will be one that echos what is displayed on a daily basis and that in my opinion is his sincere, genuine concern and interest in each student. I was privileged to have been the recipient of letters of recommendation for Ted Ladd, those come from students, both on the golf course, baseball field and off. What those students made very clear was that Ted Ladd cared about each one of them as an individual. That he made his classes one that were fun to learn in and learn they did.

Some of you have a question as to if Johnny Grimes, MCHS Principal made a reommedation to Dr. Fred Taylor and the Marion County School Board that Ted Ladd be recommeded for tenure and let me satify your inquirying mind, yes, Principal Johnny Grimnes did recommend to Dr. Taylor and the Marion County School Board that Ted Lad be rehired. Quote - "I think it would be in the best interst of Marion County High School to award tenure to Mr. Ladd."

It came to our attention only recenlty that the Marion Conty School Board and Dr. Fred Taylor were consdering not tenruing Ted Ladd and not to rehire him in any coaching postion at Marion County High School. Let me share with anyone interested encough to read on the fact that in a two week time fram more than 500 signauteres were obtianed in support of Ted Ladd across Marion County communitries. Please let me share with you exerts fom some of the many letters that have been received to date and provided to Dr. Taylor.

"I grew to respect the discipline, the resourcefulness and the abilities that were demonstrated by his high school teams. It was also obvious that he had the love, affection and respect of each boy that played for him.

"I have always found that his words are true, his actions are just and his motives pure."

"Apparently some of Mr. Ladd's detractors believe that children should only be instructed in a sterile, noiseless, and intimading classroom. My experince in obtainging various degrees, which include a doctoract degree along with no less than gradution from 5 highly respected militaryy schools including the United States Army Command and General Staff College, show otherwise. I have found these stale environments stagnate true learning for anyone but the students that would have succeed wsuccessed whther thay had that class or not. The creative classroom, I have learned, opens the window of understanding for the majority of the kids. I have found this to be true not only when I taught Marrion County School Students but also forty-five year old field artillery officers, NCO's and enliseted men trying to learn skills that would preserve their lives on the modern battleifled. Mr. Ladd is a highly effective educator."

"so that in time you be given the opportunity to learn how lucky you are to have Mr. Ladd as an educator and coach in the Marion County Education System."

Mr. Ladd is without a doubt one of the finnset teachers in our community."

"He prepares students for a post secondary school atmosphere. This practice reinforces leanring and builds confidence in the student.."

I feel that Mr. Ladd is an asset to Marion County High School because of his educational background, positive attitude and persistant effotrs which are ever focused on his goals, the goals of the school and his communtiy."

"I am more than satisfied in knowing, that there is no better individual with which to placce the development of a child of any age."

"Ted Ladd has become an inspirition to every child who has had the good fortune to have had him as a teacher and or coach."

"When you have an insturctor who can bring well mannered students, students who are strong both academically and athletically, to an institution of learning merely becuase of who and what they are, they should be commended not discarded."

"Ted Ladd has lalwyas been, is, and I'm positive will alwyas be an academic, athletic, and communicty leader."

If you have read this far, these are only a few of the letters of recommendations that have been recevied. I certianly hope that you will support Ted Ladd and give him the opportunity to give our children opportunities in the classroom, on the golf coruse oorin the dug out.

Very well written BooBoo. And I do agree with you in regards to the "elected officials." I have never agreed with the fact that some on our school board never had/have children in the MC school system. Personally, I think that it should be a requirement before you are allowed to run for the position to have/had children in the system.

As in every election, if you don't vote, then don't complain about the outcome. So you Seniors be sure to register to vote and exercise that right.

I can only tell you, has I have previously posted, what I have been told by students and parents. This goes to show that there is 2 sides to every story. I wish Ladd and Roberts the best of luck in the upcomming school year, where ever they end up. I also hope that we are able to get back to good ol' MC, where the kids are getting a good education and the stands are packed at every event. We all know that when the stands are packed, money is being brought in and that makes everyone happy and also helps keep jobs, mainly football jobs..lol

The very same thing that has happened in this community for what seems like a lifetime is that no one wants to stand up for what they beleive is RIGHT! They simply want to sit by and let things happen. It appears that the ones making the decisions, or at least having the vote to make those decisions honestly has our childrens best interst at heart. Are we a community that operates in the dark of night with meetings that are published and then rescheduled without the publics knowledge or that we don't even know what those decision makers vote on? What about the Sunshine law? Decisions that affect our community, our children and our future are important!!! Are we a community that has become complacement with what some would call "leaders" to make the right decisons for our children. I have always been under the impression that our elected officals work for us, perhaps I was mistaken. Let me encourge you now to vote! You elect the people in the office that are making decisons for our community and our children and thus our future! Proceed with CAUTION! Our schoold board, county commision, mayor and other elected officials are elected by YOU THE PEOPLE!! Register and then make it a point to VOTE!!!!

The negative comments that have been made above regarding Coach Steven Roberts I would beg to differ. I would certainly encourge anyone out there to have a converation with Coach Roberts or any one of the basketball palyers that played for him this past season. The resounding comments from palyers were that he was extremely disciplined , that he cared about each player both on the court and off and that he taught them more about the game than they previously had known. I would encourage you to listen to the fact that the majority of the boys said that when Coach yelled it was very necessary. What I heard from more than one player was the fact that when "Coach yelled at me I needed it." Strange that not one boy quit the team and although MCHS did not have a winning season on the score board the boys took away skills and discipline. Given an opportunity, it is my opinion, that Coach Roberts will bring MCHS baseketball to the front and allow them to be compeative with other schools in our district. I would certainly appreicate the support of Coach Roberts as a future basketball coach at MCHS.

Ted Ladd, when I consider the possiblity that our children could potentially be at risk to lose Ted Ladd as a teacher and a coach, I shudder! My personal observation of Ted Ladd has been that he is a constant positive leader in the classroom, on the golf course and on the baseball field.

I would encourge any of you who have not atteneded a basebball game or a golf outing to join Ted Ladd with his students. Should you have an opportunity to do that I know your observation will be one that echos what is displayed on a daily basis and that in my opinion is his sincere, genuine concern and interest in each student. I was privileged to have been the recipient of letters of recommendation for Ted Ladd, those come from students, both on the golf course, baseball field and off. What those students made very clear was that Ted Ladd cared about each one of them as an individual. That he made his classes one that were fun to learn in and learn they did.

Some of you have a question as to if Johnny Grimes, MCHS Principal made a reommedation to Dr. Fred Taylor and the Marion County School Board that Ted Ladd be recommeded for tenure and let me satify your inquirying mind, yes, Principal Johnny Grimnes did recommend to Dr. Taylor and the Marion County School Board that Ted Lad be rehired. Quote - "I think it would be in the best interst of Marion County High School to award tenure to Mr. Ladd."

It came to our attention only recenlty that the Marion Conty School Board and Dr. Fred Taylor were consdering not tenruing Ted Ladd and not to rehire him in any coaching postion at Marion County High School. Let me share with anyone interested encough to read on the fact that in a two week time fram more than 500 signauteres were obtianed in support of Ted Ladd across Marion County communitries. Please let me share with you exerts fom some of the many letters that have been received to date and provided to Dr. Taylor.

"I grew to respect the discipline, the resourcefulness and the abilities that were demonstrated by his high school teams. It was also obvious that he had the love, affection and respect of each boy that played for him.

"I have always found that his words are true, his actions are just and his motives pure."

"Apparently some of Mr. Ladd's detractors believe that children should only be instructed in a sterile, noiseless, and intimading classroom. My experince in obtainging various degrees, which include a doctoract degree along with no less than gradution from 5 highly respected militaryy schools including the United States Army Command and General Staff College, show otherwise. I have found these stale environments stagnate true learning for anyone but the students that would have succeed wsuccessed whther thay had that class or not. The creative classroom, I have learned, opens the window of understanding for the majority of the kids. I have found this to be true not only when I taught Marrion County School Students but also forty-five year old field artillery officers, NCO's and enliseted men trying to learn skills that would preserve their lives on the modern battleifled. Mr. Ladd is a highly effective educator."

"so that in time you be given the opportunity to learn how lucky you are to have Mr. Ladd as an educator and coach in the Marion County Education System."

Mr. Ladd is without a doubt one of the finnset teachers in our community."

"He prepares students for a post secondary school atmosphere. This practice reinforces leanring and builds confidence in the student.."

I feel that Mr. Ladd is an asset to Marion County High School because of his educational background, positive attitude and persistant effotrs which are ever focused on his goals, the goals of the school and his communtiy."

"I am more than satisfied in knowing, that there is no better individual with which to placce the development of a child of any age."

"Ted Ladd has become an inspirition to every child who has had the good fortune to have had him as a teacher and or coach."

"When you have an insturctor who can bring well mannered students, students who are strong both academically and athletically, to an institution of learning merely becuase of who and what they are, they should be commended not discarded."

"Ted Ladd has lalwyas been, is, and I'm positive will alwyas be an academic, athletic, and communicty leader."

If you have read this far, these are only a few of the letters of recommendations that have been recevied. I certianly hope that you will support Ted Ladd and give him the opportunity to give our children opportunities in the classroom, on the golf coruse oorin the dug out.

For emphasis on your first part...True, but it's not like sunshine laws are going to do anything about it anyway. There hasn't been anything unethical done yet, so that's yet to be seen. Decisions made about sports are handed down from higher power to try and win games..This isn't the MLB, so it's not like Fred Taylor's getting a fat wad of cash for every decision he makes. Coach Roberts is a cool guy to hang out with, and it does seem that he takes it too far on the court...The kids just aren't used to that level of motivation (not scorn)..Once again, everyone that has a problem thinks he's going to put a gun to a kids head on the court if they don't do something right. Also true about Coach Ladd. Everything he's involved in has a positive outlook. Baseball team is looking real good, golf team finished 22-2! 22-2 was unheard of for MC golf 3 years ago! And lastly, I'm sick of the comments about Coach Grimes, and shady meetings and everything else, when the truth is he has no control over who's hired and fired. This was supposed to be his retiring year where he winds down, graduates this class, and starts enjoying retirement. Instead, he gets Coach Taylor's termination thrown in his lap, and speculation of the same thing happening to Coach Reuling and Coach Ladd. Now he's got everyone pointing the finger at him instead of Fred Taylor, who issues the terminations. For anyone who says he should stand up to Fred Taylor for the decisions he makes...Next time your boss decides to make a decision, go ahead and tell him he's wrong. Coach Grimes doesn't have a right to stand up against anything inside of ethics, and if he did, it'd be a dumb action, and he wouldn't have a job. Also, I've seen comments about Coach Ladd's classroom conduct...There are days where you'll finish early and sit around and talk, but what's the difference in any other class? Busy work...Which doesn't teach anyone anything, it just keeps them busy...Coach Ladd just cuts the bullcrap, lets you get done what you need to get done, and then you have free time, so not only is Coach Ladd a good teacher, and coach, he also offers incentive, which is something most teachers SEVERELY lack in. It's simple, if he didn't care about what happens to the kids, he wouldn't be there...He chose to teach and coach to make a difference, not for money. Anybody who's teaching strictly just to make money is a fool.

AC B)

about the grundy "redneck" thing all you Marion Co. pricks always talk smack on the computer, but how come nothing ever comes out in person?? Is it the two face disease that must be in the water or just the lack of balls?????

GO GRUNDY

Hop back in your Trans-Am and drive on, hoss. I believe one time we came up there for basketball, ya'll were mad because you got beat, then when we tried to meet ya'll in the parking lot, one drunk dude wanted to fight, with 10 other guys trying to get him to walk on, so don't worry about us talking trash on the computer, or for you, the "Hillbilly Miracle Box Viewer," 'cuz that's basically what you're doing too...Hoss. Hey, by the way, on you're little "Hillbilly Miracle Box Viewer," are you the only one that knows how to "change the channel?"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW

AC B) DON'T GO GRUNDY. YOU'LL NEVER FIND YOUR WAY OUT

(Hey, no offense Del, he's just one idiot among a few..You're cool.)

Edited by FenderSRVHendrix

Hey gobblersknob until you become a player for coach roberts you need to shut your mouth.

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah..........maybe he will let me play next year so he can tell me how sorry, pitiful, and ignorant I am. Yea that's it, that will make me a better player and want to try harder. (and don't come back with a comment that he would never do/say that, because I heard it with my own two ears.)

So YOU sit on the bench and keep your trap shut too.

hey goblersknob, let me tell ya somethin real quick, if you are supportive of marion co high school and it's programs quit gettin on a public site and bad mouthin our coaches and crap that's not true, and i mean crap. my email add is [email protected], email me and you can tell me all about it, if you can't guts up and come to me or steven and tell it to OUR faces then don't say it all. at the parents meetin he said don't go behind everyone's back and talk crap, come to him and sit down and talk about it. to me you are being a coward by bad mouthin a good coach and an even better man under a disclosed name. if you can't figure out who i am i will tell you or anyone else who wants to know. i really hope i don't hear anything else on here from you that's negative toward our school and i'm lookin forward to gettin an email from you.

Guest warriorpride12

Are you just mad that you can't play or you just someone that likes to run thier mouth about stuff you have no clue about. Whatever it is you need to shut your mouth and quiet crying about Coach Roberts. :lol: