Lewis County and Region 5-2a

pantherman

Now, I have no clue who won the title in 1995. I thought that in 1996 that the Cubs were gonna be something special. You guys had Japeth and Driver in the backfield, but yall lost to Beech, Maplewood, Pearl-Cohn, and Father Ryan who were the top 4 in the Region. What seed was Pearl when they won it all in 1996 Francis? They were a #1 seed in 1997.

Cleveland won the state title in 95

4 seed. First, and I think, only team to do it from a 4 seed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

francis, would you rather us (lewis co.) go 6-4 and then win the state? who cares! lewis co. own's region 5-2a. no other teams are worth mentioning in this region! lewis co. will always be the heavyweight! have your guys call my guys WE WILL PLAY ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

francis, would you rather us (lewis co.) go 6-4 and then win the state? who cares! lewis co. own's region 5-2a. no other teams are worth mentioning in this region! lewis co. will always be the heavyweight! have your guys call my guys WE WILL PLAY ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, anyone except non-region teams with more than 3 wins! And by the way goofball, wouldn't YOU rather be 6-4 and win the state title? Oh, I forgot, you're from (them), Lewis County!

Yea, like we pounded you warchicks last year. The past has no efect on the future cbarley. WE OWN THIS COUNTY. AND LEWIS COUNTY IS NEXT!!!!!

Shut Up!!! You are a waste of space on this board. You never have anything positive to say about anyone. So please do us all a favor and leave. Well right now Lewis owns Cheatam until Cheatam beats them.

Play somebody that is any good for a change!

Find somebody good who will play us. We've tried to schedule harder teams in the past but they've always said no. We almost had Chester Co on the schedule a few years ago but the distance was just too far for a non-region game. I can sort of understand why bigger schools won't schedule us. If we beat them it makes them look bad. If they beat us they were supposed to because they're bigger. I don't know if we've ever tried to schedule Columbia Central but I bet if they weren't in a region where they have to play 7 region opponents a year they would schedule us and become natural rivals. You just don't know how tough it is for us to find good teams who actually want to play us. Once a Panther, always a Panther. :(

I don't know if we've ever tried to schedule Columbia Central but I bet if they weren't in a region where they have to play 7 region opponents a year they would schedule us and become natural rivals.

Ok props to lewis county, y'all have a strong program down there and dominant your opponents that you play very well (until tounry time)........BUT Columbia Central would not be a good rival. They play much better teams and are more athletic than a lewis county team. They would always have a solid victory over the LC squad, thats why this game isn't played but i would like to see it played about every other year.

claminator, i can understand yall have no state championships cuz thats a hard thing to do........how many region titles in any region youve played in? and i do enjoy how lewis co. has about 600 students and are 2a then we have cheatham who has 800 students (just a mere 75-100 less than county rival sycamore) and is one of the biggest 2a schools in the state. quite pathetic

Ok props to lewis county, y'all have a strong program down there and dominant your opponents that you play very well (until tounry time)........BUT Columbia Central would not be a good rival. They play much better teams and are more athletic than a lewis county team. They would always have a solid victory over the LC squad, thats why this game isn't played but i would like to see it played about every other year.

That would be the whle point in scheduling Columbia Central, to play better opponents, not worry about the outcome. Do you think CPA thinks they have a legitimate shot at beating Riverdale? No. The Yankees always beat the Red Sox in Oct. and it is still considered the best rivarly in baseball. So non-region games you should worry about quality of opponents rather than W's. I can understand why some bigger schools may not want to play Lewis Co., for the schools in Nashville that is a long way for a non-region game. I am not making excuses for Lewis Co. but seems their success has made some people jealous. It is easier for a school like Cheatam Co. to play bigger schools because they are closer to them. Let's see some close schools to Lewis Co.- Perry Co., Mt. Pleasant, Summertown- all single A because it is a rural community. Please don't criticize a school because of its location.

Yall can say all you want about Lewis Co. and who they play and don't play. It's not our fault that we're the only team in our region thats worth a crap. We may not be able to schedual some of the tougher non-region games but it isn't because we are afraid of losing. Most of the time the dates just don't work out. And as for gettin beat in the playoffs ; the past three years we've been to the quarter finals. Only eight teams in 2A make it that far. And as far as i know...none of the other schools posting on this thread are in that elite eight.