Siegel's 4X800 Relay

Runthe800

I heard about that Siegel sophomore who ran a 1:57. That's not too shabby. Does anyone know how fast their 4X800 Relay team has ran this year? Do they have a chance to make state? Lavergne is their main competiton in their section and I saw where they ran an 8:18 at Kenwood Classic. I wonder how Tullahoma is doing in their relay. The 4X800 Meter Relay should be real competitve at sections this year for the southeast. There will probably be 4 or 5 teams competing for two spots!

Edited by Runthe800

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun

Here's the funny thing...I don't think Lavergne and Siegel are in the same section. Lavergne is in our section (the Nashville section) and I think Siegel is in the Tullahoma section. And both schools are in the same county. Weird.

Here's the funny thing...I don't think Lavergne and Siegel are in the same section. Lavergne is in our section (the Nashville section) and I think Siegel is in the Tullahoma section. And both schools are in the same county. Weird.

The TSSAA makes so much sense.... its much like how Page is in the Chattanooga Section even though theyre just south of Nashville....

The reason that Page is in the Chattanooga section is because in the section that they would be in there are only about 4 schools that have a track and field team. That would not be quite fair to allow all those kids to go to state since their is not much competition. It is a shame that more schools in that area of the state do not have track programs. They need to find a coach who is willing to develop a program.

In the AAA section, I have not seen Siegel's 4x800. They did not come back to the Kiwanis Classic so we did not see them. However, from the looks of things the competition in our region is going to be between Siegel, McMinn Co (If they are healthy), and Bradley (8:28 with 3 sophomores and a freshman). Tullahoma is decent, but down a lot from last year.

Edited by BCHStrack1

Unfortunately, we (McMinn) are anything but healthy. Our 4*8 team will probably consist of

Tyler Boyd 2:17

Chris Drainer 2:05

Suhmer Smith 2:17

Michael Billingsley 2:00 but he's been hurt--I expect 2:05ish

That would give us 8:44. We'll run it and see what happens. As for me, I am just recovering from a nasty ankle injury. I will try to jump into the 800 at sub-region to get a time to see what kind of shape I'm in, but I dont expect much.

Edited by mbuckley

i dunno about seigle, i know hill ran that 1:57 and is capable or better and hurder could probly hit 2:04 but i dunno who else they have as an 800 runner. i havn't seen anyone else on their team do it but i wouldn't be supprised for them to find someone to throw in there. i think siegel is capable of anything after watchin them in XC

I saw McGavock ran an 8:23 : :( at the Kenwood Classic and Hunters Lane ran an 8:30 :rolleyes:. Talk about lighting up the track! Does anybody know anything about those teams? I haven't heard too much about either of them :( .

LHSWrasslin', what are yall running this Saturday at the Tullahoma meet?

:D

By the way, Kelvin Hill is fast with a capital F (Fast)!!

The reason that Page is in the Chattanooga section is because in the section that they would be in there are only about 4 schools that have a track and field team. That would not be quite fair to allow all those kids to go to state since their is not much competition. It is a shame that more schools in that area of the state do not have track programs. They need to find a coach who is willing to develop a program.

So.....if more teams in that area had teams, there would be 5 sections? That would throw a proverbial monkey wrench into the state qualifying system now wouldnt it...?

Guest kenwoodrun

Hey, we have 32 teams in our sectional, split ours up before you do anything else :rolleyes:

That gives a theoretical limit of 96 entries in the 3200m...wouldn't that be cool?

Hey, we have 32 teams in our sectional, split ours up before you do anything else :D

That gives a theoretical limit of 96 entries in the 3200m...wouldn't that be cool?

If by cool, you mean absolutely unnavigatable for the first 2 laps, and absolutely frustrating from all the lap traffic when you lap people starting around lap 4, then yes, it sounds cool...