Siegel's 4X800 Relay

Runthe800

Creasey from siegel? i have never heard or seen him before. i know we didn't go to state in 800 and i didn't see him in the county meet either. Track4life i think we are doin 4x800 there, we're tryin to see how well we're all gonna recover before the 800. see also won distict last night in the 4x800 and josh carroll won it in the 800 at 2:01. alot slower we had alot of guys sick last night

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenwoodrun

See the other thread about Tullahoma. Who I can remember being there from memory:

Tullahoma, Riverdale, Kenwood, Lavergne, Macon County, Beech, Blackman, Siegel, Northwest, Coffee County, Columbia Central, Mount Pleasant, Lebanon, Spring Hill and I'm leaving out somebody obvious I'm sure...

So.....if more teams in that area had teams, there would be 5 sections? That would throw a proverbial monkey wrench into the state qualifying system now wouldnt it...?

You are correct. Let me explain my post a little more. The way that the AAA does it in that same section is that the Cahttanooga area has a 10 team sub-sectional meet and the Murfreesboro/Middle Tennessee has a 11 or 12 team sub-sectional meet. We take the top four runners from each sub-section and have a one heat sectional. The sectional rotates each year. One year it is in Chattanooga and the next it will be in Murfreesboro. This would be the ideal system for you guys in A-AA too, but since there are so few schools in your area that have track, that will force you to have to come to Chattanooga every year for the sectional meet.

Guest kenwoodrun
LAVERGNE TO WIN 4X800 AT STATE IS MY PICK

Lavergne's 4x8 may very well romp on Section 3AAA...in fact, I think that they will win the section without any trouble. But I believe the way Lhswrassler described it (and he is on the relay, and can correct me if I'm wrong), they are still one leg short still of being truly great. Still, I wonder who is favored to win the thing? We knew McMinn was really good this time last year, and even we had ran 8:10 by this point last year...so who is favored? I wish Lavergne would take it, I don't think our section has represented the state title in the 4x8 in forever.

Still, I wonder who is favored to win the thing? We knew McMinn was really good this time last year, and even we had ran 8:10 by this point last year...so who is favored?

We have had some bad luck here at McMinn with our injuries. The two guys back from last year's winning squad are both hurt. We will be lucky to make it. It's hard to run a good team when you don't have Tray Hurst and Josh Hicks.

I think it is between Oak Ridge and Bearden for the win. OR went 8:14 at Vol Classic. They've got Matt Hudson who runs a 1:56. Bearden ran an 8:22 at Vol Classic, but they always seem to run a lot faster come state. I don't know who their stand-out 800 runner is though. Both teams hold the 1st and 3rd fastest times in AAA. Lavergne's 8:18 at Kenwood Classic is 2nd. Baylor leads the state overall with the 8:04 they ran at home by themselves. It was with their "A" guys though. I pick McCallie to win the D2 4X800.

Edited by Runthe800

Lavergne's 4x8 may very well romp on Section 3AAA...in fact, I think that they will win the section without any trouble.

I think that there will be quite a good race at the that sectionals meet. I think several teams have run respectable times already in that area. LaVergne of course is looking good, McGavock ran an 8:23 already :o , Hunters Lane has broken 8:30 this year, and even Beech has been under 8:30 and they qualified last year with no problem :D . I havent seen Brentwood run a 4x800 this year :P , but they did do an 8:13 at regionals last year and they usually seem to do ok. Anyways, I don't think it will be a walk in the park for anyone to win. I think it should be a 5 or 6 team race. Im trying to drive down to Brentwood to watch the meet. The 4x800 should be quite a treat. :huh:

I agree, there should be some dynamite 4x800s coming up. That regional meet w/Lavergne, McGavock, Brentwood, Hunters Lane, Beech, and Kenwood should be a dandy. Anybody know if Oak Ridge and/or Bearden have any big races coming up before Sectionals? I know Hudson is good for OR, but I don't know too much about their other guys (or Bearden for that matter). Should be a dandy at states!