State Meet Team Predictions

RocknTN

Bearden will win the Boys AAA State Team Title. I have watched the West Tennessee area all season and been very impressed by how good teams like Melrose, Memphis East, Cordova and Houston have been. Problem is, they will all beat each other up and probably get top ten at state. The team that will slide in there is Bearden. They are on our side of the state and have put together a pretty good quality team, but what helps them is that they will not be challenged by Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett or Knoxville West. Section 1-AAA is very young this season at the quality level and most of those kids are summer track athletes. Bearden will get around 12 qualifiers out to state. These will be guys scoring top 5 or better at state. Other teams that will fare well out of their sections will be Bradley Central and Hunters Lane. They will finish in the top 10 at state because of their qualifiers.

In Girls AAA, Brentwood will win easy with Memphis East and Bearden behind them.

In Boys A/AA, I like Raleigh-Egypt to win with Michael Joyner and company. FRA could get second because this is the weakest boys division in the state when it comes to quality marks.

In Girls A/AA, Molly Kennedy and Hume-Fogg will beat Chattanooga Christian and Heather Trimiew. It will basically be the battle of the pentathletes with Molly having a little stronger supporting cast.

In Boys DII, this is the closest one to call, but I like Brentwood Academy with Andrew Bumbalough(I would never dream of going against the great Tennessee distance god) and Chris Buck to beat McCallie with Michael Bingham trying to score in the decathlon, long jump, triple jump, high jump, 100, 110 hurdles and 300 hurdles.

For Girls DII, I think Harpeth Hall is just too deep with their distance, pole vaulting and Gabby Gioia. Look for Brentwood Academy and GPS to be right behind them.

Coach Chris

Knoxville West

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to put a downer on your ineffable wisdom, but just because a team hasnt been sending results to your list doesnt mean that they dont have quality times.

You dont even have Great Eight results listed, so if youre basing your predictions off of your website, you need to get some better midstate data, ans if youre just basing this on what you know, you really need to know what youre talking about before you post.

Yes, a-aa is weaker than aaa and DII this year, but thats the same as every year and Raleigh-Egypt is no exception. Having Joyner does not mean that theyre above the rest of the state.

My top two would be Fayette-Ware and FRA, but I dont know why you even listed FRA- according to your list, they have no quality times, and they wont have any chance at the title. The only reason theyll even get second is because the rest of the teams are awful....wait- that sounds familair, almost like its been said in years past...

For what it's worth, many of the McMinn faithful are rooting for you guys at Bearden. Personally, I think you have fantastic coaching and a really fantastic team all the way around. The McMinn posting on dyestat about who will win reflects some honest pondering by those who did it, and it was driven out of desire to see if they could predict whether or not you could win. I think, truth be known, the poster would love to see you guys pull it off.

Best of luck.

Coach Smith, McMinn

For what it's worth, many of the McMinn faithful are rooting for you guys at Bearden. Personally, I think you have fantastic coaching and a really fantastic team all the way around. The McMinn posting on dyestat about who will win reflects some honest pondering by those who did it, and it was driven out of desire to see if they could predict whether or not you could win. I think, truth be known, the poster would love to see you guys pull it off.

Best of luck.

Coach Smith, McMinn

I understand that and I thank you guys. But there is one guy on there(statechampion03) who doesn't seem to have a clue about anything pertaining to high school track. Especially with throwing. And it really ticked me personally off to see him bash our throwers, seeing as i have worked my butt off this year and I am going to help our team in its chase for the title. First he claims he was trained by Brian Oldfield, then he claims I can't match Melrose's football guys(who ARE NOT 56-footers in the shot, by the way). It really infuriated me and some of the other guys on our track team.

I know that those two guys over there don't represent McMinn as a whole, but their comments have me for one fired up.

For what it's worth, many of the McMinn faithful are rooting for you guys at Bearden.  Personally, I think you have fantastic coaching and a really fantastic team all the way around.  The McMinn posting on dyestat about who will win reflects some honest pondering by those who did it, and it was driven out of desire to see if they could predict whether or not you could win.  I think, truth be known, the poster would love to see you guys pull it off. 

Best of luck.

Coach Smith, McMinn

I understand that and I thank you guys. But there is one guy on there(statechampion03) who doesn't seem to have a clue about anything pertaining to high school track. Especially with throwing. And it really ticked me personally off to see him bash our throwers, seeing as i have worked my butt off this year and I am going to help our team in its chase for the title. First he claims he was trained by Brian Oldfield, then he claims I can't match Melrose's football guys(who ARE NOT 56-footers in the shot, by the way). It really infuriated me and some of the other guys on our track team.

I know that those two guys over there don't represent McMinn as a whole, but their comments have me for one fired up.

BHSfootball, my post on Dyestat was not meant to offend you or your team, I hope you guys can represent East Tennessee well at state. I just don't think anyone can take down Melrose right now.

As for statechampion03 (don't ask me why he chose that name), yes, he is a weirdo. But, he is also one of my good friends. He throws for us and he doesn't get on the forums much at all. He makes stupid posts with made-up crap like that all the time. I would just ignore him. Don't worry about him posting here, he only gets on Dyestat. He don't know the stats like I do (ask any McMinn guy, I am the team statitician). I know how far everyone has been throwing this year. He used to throw for Baylor, but had to leave for personal reasons. He has thrown 43' in the shot put and 130ish in the discus so far this year. I hope both you guys make it to state and represent East Tennessee real well.

i'm not.....that is seriously what he is hoping to jump

I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but a 14'6 vaulter who is hoping to jump 16'-17'!!! within the next month (I'm guessing he's wanting to reach this goal by state) is going crazy and needs to set more realistic goals.

Bearden will win the Boys AAA State Team Title. I have watched the West Tennessee area all season and been very impressed by how good teams like Melrose, Memphis East, Cordova and Houston have been. Problem is, they will all beat each other up and probably get top ten at state. The team that will slide in there is Bearden. They are on our side of the state and have put together a pretty good quality team, but what helps them is that they will not be challenged by Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett or Knoxville West. Section 1-AAA is very young this season at the quality level and most of those kids are summer track athletes. Bearden will get around 12 qualifiers out to state. These will be guys scoring top 5 or better at state. Other teams that will fare well out of their sections will be Bradley Central and Hunters Lane. They will finish in the top 10 at state because of their qualifiers.

In Girls AAA, Brentwood will win easy with Memphis East and Bearden behind them.

In Boys A/AA, I like Raleigh-Egypt to win with Michael Joyner and company. FRA could get second because this is the weakest boys division in the state when it comes to quality marks.

In Girls A/AA, Molly Kennedy and Hume-Fogg will beat Chattanooga Christian and Heather Trimiew. It will basically be the battle of the pentathletes with Molly having a little stronger supporting cast.

In Boys DII, this is the closest one to call, but I like Brentwood Academy with Andrew Bumbalough(I would never dream of going against the great Tennessee distance god) and Chris Buck to beat McCallie with Michael Bingham trying to score in the decathlon, long jump, triple jump, high jump, 100, 110 hurdles and 300 hurdles.

For Girls DII, I think Harpeth Hall is just too deep with their distance, pole vaulting and Gabby Gioia. Look for Brentwood Academy and GPS to be right behind them.

Coach Chris

Knoxville West

Just curious, why would you think that the DII boys meet will be any closer than it was last year?

LAVERGNE 4X800 AT STATE SHOULD WIN THEY HAVE THE 1ST AND 2ND FASTEST TIME IN THE STATE THIS YEAR, EDWARDS SHOULD MAKE IT TO STATE IN THE 100 BUT COKER FROM ANTIOCH IS THE MAN AND TIEMEYER NEEDS TO BEAT OUT HUNTERS LANE TO MAKE IT TO STATE IN THE 110 HURDLES IN FRONT OF HIM SHOULD BE THE HURDKER FROM MAPLEWOOD WHO WILL DEFINATELY WIN STATE THIS YEAR IN THE 110'S