7-AAA Scores

RAN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nail biter between rivals even though the final score does not indicate that.

The thing that makes this game so tough is that their is no surprises. With that in mind I thought both starting pitchers (Robinson & Underland) threw tremendous

games against teams that are very familiar them. Congrats fellas you did youselves and your teams proud.

On another note I think "disgustedfan" should just sit back and watch as both of the "Watsons" get to keep playing. The two best catchers in the Mid state area by far reside in M'boro and just happen to share the same last name. Better luck next

year. It seems like you guy's hear that line all the time.

It seems I have ruffled the feathers of the Murfreesboro fans- both Oakland and Riverdale are great teams- and I congratulate them both. I don't have to eat crow because I posted earlier that the two favorites are Riverdale and Oakland.

I only quoted the stats of the two catchers against Cookeville-they both were non factors in our game-that doesn't mean I don't think they are great players.

You folks dish it out all the time-you need to learn to take some constructive jabs.

We in Cookeville have learned over the last several years to be the whipping boy for the "boro" teams-well this year we beat everyone of you.

Oh by the way how many home runs did Oakland hit against Cookeville in our 4 games- we hit 2 against Oakland!!!!

Guest Oakland

no one can deny that cookeville had a great year and a great turnaround as well. however,cookeville is gonna have to show some consistency before they break up the dictatorship of district 7-aaa that is oakland and riverdale. ok so you beat each of the boro teams once in the regular season, but that doesnt mean anything if u cant play your best ball in the postseason, somethin cookeville failed to do. also, for a guy who has been preach the team the team the team all year, why all of a sudden are you getting caught up in individual stats, oakland won the 2 that counted, just a case of a team who has been there before v. a team that hasnt. cookeville is gonna have to 25+ games for the next couple of year to convince me that they compete with oakland and riverdale year in year out

Guest Oakland

yes i know cookeville swept oakland, which is no small accomplishment, but cookeville will have to learn to play their A game in the postseason, but the future looks bright for them

Guest Oakland

2 reasons why were cocky: 1.) look at what oakland and riverdale have done over the last 5 years: 2 state championships, 5 region championships(kinda lopsided, eh? ;) ) and the last 5 district championships and 5 state tournament appearances. 2.) oakland and riverdale play the best(farragut,germantown,houston,mt.juliet are just some of the teams) not to say that district 8-aaa doesnt schedule tough competition, but i dont believe they dont play many of these teams or teams of this caliber. to be frank, distrcit 7 has owned district 8 ever since tullahoma has feel from the ranks of elite, and i expect the same thing to happen that has been happening for the last 5-6 years: district 7 dominating in the region tournament and then conquering region 3 on the way to state