Science Hill Overated

GO_DB

Science Hill is the team i have heard a lot of talk about . Lets not forget that Science Hill got thumped by Oak Ridge in a very lop-sided game, and Science Hill was forced into PK's with a really down South team. Science Hill is probaly not even going to win their district, let alone nethingI think people should forget Science Hill and start looking at DB. They have an unbelivable defense which is able to keep them in a lot of games. DB has had a lot of trouble finding a formation they like but they have found it now and should finish the year strong. GO DB

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on your definition on "getting thumped", it has happened to DB more than Science Hill. Oak Ridge is the #5 team in the state. They also played Farragut to a 2-1 game. Now, I dissapprove of the 26-0 "victory" against Boone, but I wouldn't take Science Hill lightly. DB, you have a pretty good schedule, so I think you will be able to play with them. Don't get overconfident, but be ready to play. Good luck, and I look forward to the outcome.

I would almost agree that they're over rated but they did beat farragut 2-1. Maybe it was a fluke or they just woke up and decided to start playing some soccer but going from being unranked to 6 after 1 quality win is a little overated. They have played 3 other ranked programs close though

I think Science Hill has a decent team and to be honest they probably are better than DB, but I think DB can play with them. I do think it was a fluke when they beat Farragut and the shot total showed it. They are a contender to win their District and Region BUT, the buck will stop there, in SUB-STATES they will never get past Farragut, Oak Ridge or Bearden whichever the three come out of that Region. My bets are Farragut and Oak Ridge. DB , Good luck, Science Hill made NO Friends after the Boone embarassment.

Yea that showed poor taste and sportsmanship by the coaches and players of Science Hill. Beating a team 26-0 proves nothing other than that your an arrogant, glory hungry coach who just wants to jack up your teams stats to look good in the newspapers.

Yea that showed poor taste and sportsmanship by the coaches and players of Science Hill. Beating a team 26-0 proves nothing other than that your an arrogant, glory hungry coach who just wants to jack up your teams stats to look good in the newspapers.

I believe the coach is a big fan of the movie The Mighty Ducks......."it's not worth winning if u can't win big."

Science Hill was #11 when they defeated Farragut IN Knoxville. Science Hill's decision to "pack-it-in" in the second half was aided by Farragut's small field.

Overrated? Possibly, due to the fact they have only played three ranked teams (defeated Farragut 2-1, lost to Hendersonville 1-0, and played to a draw with Gallatin 1-1). Talented? Undeniably. Dangerous? You bettcha.

And for the continued comments concerning the 26-0 drubbing of Daniel Boone-don't comment if you didn't see it. Boone looked like they had never played the game before.

As always, the road to the State for Science Hill goes through Knoxville-literally and figuratively. They should win the Region, and again face a Knoxville team (or possibly a rematch with Oak Ridge) in the sub-State.

This Jeckyll and Hyde team should not be taken lightly.

DB has ended morristown west's season the last 4 years, and both teams are obviously down this year from years past. during the regular season, i think DB won 3-2. i was not at the game so i dont know if it was close, but west has been playing well as of late, and they have played a really tough schedule which may prepare them for this game. they may play the upset role. as for the morristown east/science hill game, i do not see east, or any other team in the region being able to hang with science hill. east has lost 2 out of their last 3 games and just did not look good at all against both jefferson county and west. science hill is a good team, and i do not think they are overrated. any team that can beat farragut is a good team, no matter how they do it. i dont know if they will go to state though just because of the postseason experience that bearden and farragut have. i am just glad to see some even teams in AAA this year as opposed to years past when bearden and farragut were unbeatable by everyone except themselves. no offense to either team for being way too good during those years. it will be interesting to see how everything shapes up.