Alcoa Impressive in Scrimmages

TnVols23

People that think that Alcoa has no chance to win all ten games might want to rethink that. Alcoa went to McMinn County with a 3-way scrimmage with McMinn and Chattanooga Central, and Alcoa dominated both teams, badly enough for some fans to ask about us being a 5-A school. Offensively, Alcoa moved the ball with ease all afternoon. Joei Fiegler went 9-12 for over 250 yards for 4 Td's. Dustin Lindsey was running around,through and past the defenders. Kyrus Lankster shouwed nicely with 4 catches for 125 yards and 3 TD's. Brandon Warren also had 3 catches for 75 yards and a touchdown. The Alcoa offense looked like a machine hitting on all cylinders, they were very impressive. Defensively, they haven't missed a beat. With no Td's scored on the first team Defense, and both teams combined netted 40 yards of offense. The secondary is even faster thanlast year with Darius Sudderth (lock down corner) and Tamon Cooper. Linebackers were cmacking running backs around, when they actually got past the D-line. There's no missing link, and the defense appears better than when they had Bart Hicks. Mark Avery, Martin White, Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, and Drew "Flames" Miller terrorized the back field.

Overall this team is better than what everyone is expecting outside of the tornado camp. Alcoa certainly didn't look like a 2-A team. This team has a chance to be the team that takes us back to Murfreesboro.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that think that Alcoa has no chance to win all ten games might want to rethink that. Alcoa went to McMinn County with a 3-way scrimmage with McMinn and Chattanooga Central, and Alcoa dominated both teams, badly enough for some fans to ask about us being a 5-A school. Offensively, Alcoa moved the ball with ease all afternoon. Joei Fiegler went 9-12 for over 250 yards for 4 Td's. Dustin Lindsey was running around,through and past the defenders. Kyrus Lankster shouwed nicely with 4 catches for 125 yards and 3 TD's. Brandon Warren also had 3 catches for 75 yards and a touchdown. The Alcoa offense looked like a machine hitting on all cylinders, they were very impressive. Defensively, they haven't missed a beat. With no Td's scored on the first team Defense, and both teams combined netted 40 yards of offense. The secondary is even faster thanlast year with Darius Sudderth (lock down corner) and Tamon Cooper. Linebackers were cmacking running backs around, when they actually got past the D-line. There's no missing link, and the defense appears better than when they had Bart Hicks. Mark Avery, Martin White, Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, and Drew "Flames" Miller terrorized the back field.

Overall this team is better than what everyone is expecting outside of the tornado camp. Alcoa certainly didn't look like a 2-A team. This team has a chance to be the team that takes us back to Murfreesboro.

Are you saying you think Alcoa can beat Maryville this season?

I think that if you read my post again.. Here let me help you...

How many times do I say something about Maryville? Hmmmm... Looks like none to me, maybe I'm blind or something. Oh by the way REBEL78...I think I'm stating the facts to, look at the bold, doesn't look like trash talking to me. Hmmmm... That's what I thought

if these players are leaving...why are they participating in sports for Alcoa.

I believe there might be some recruiting rules involved with spring practice, I think like three practices or something like that...of course I might be completely wrong (i believe it used to be something associated with that).

Also, if these players are so key, they are probably rising 11th or 12th graders and would have to sit out a year. I doubt many seniors would be sitting out their senior year.

I could care less about Maryville, Alcoa, or anyone else, I'm just raising the questions...both of you guys could be completely correct.

The Tornadoes D is "better without Bart Hicks?" That kind of sounds like the fox and the grapes to me. If indeed they are, you must have some incredible lb's.

Who's the Lankster kid? That's a new name on me. He must be a player from the sound of it.

I'd be careful what I said to Rebel78, dude. He rarely says something if he's not fairly certain he can back it up.

I'd be careful what I said to Rebel78, dude. He rarely says something if he's not fairly certain he can back it up.

Well I gave him his chance to back it up, and all he gave me was a crock of bull back.

The Tornadoes D is "better without Bart Hicks?" That kind of sounds like the fox and the grapes to me. If indeed they are, you must have some incredible lb's.

I didn't neccessarily mean that they were better with him leaving, butwhat I am saying is that there is not a gap that needs to be filled, and that we have players that can step up and take his place.

Who's the Lankster kid? That's a new name on me. He must be a player from the sound of it.

Good friend of mine. He's a new freshman from Knoxville. He happens to be a pretty good basketball player and athelete also.

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE

Edited by QueenBee