Alcoa Impressive in Scrimmages

TnVols23

man im telling you, your going to keep saying all this crap about Alcoa's O-Line being garbage and not going to be able to block anybody and your going to see them this season and be REALLY surprised....starting after the WB last year alcoa didnt give up a sack until the quarterfinal game aganst Oliver Springs. During those 8 games they were missing pre-season all state lineman Martin White. He will be replacing Jordan Keller at tackle so technically alcoa is only loosing one starting lineman Brandon Brewer but theres already a pretty decent lineman stepping in that is strong as an ox just lacks experience but has a lot of potential. I think everyone will be really surprised by alcoa's offensive line this year if they start off as strong as they were at the end of the year last year then Dustin Lindsey may easily break 2000 this season becuase he didnt get to 1000 by himself last year. see you boys in Shields Stadium

I never said Alcoa's line is garbage. I just asked how big and strong they were. I know the numbers on Mo White pretty good just not anyone else. I think the line is being discussed because Maryville often has an advantage there, and even when the lines are pretty evenly matched, dept becomes a factor by the 3rd quarter because Maryville has few that play both ways. Another reason for the line talk is that this is expected to be Maryville's most physical offensive line since the 98 Championship team. The 2001 and 2002 lines were outstanding fundamentally but were more finesse and technique. This year's line will be big. Also Ryan Tallent, who ran for over 100 yards against Alcoa last year has gotten a lot bigger and stronger. Maryville has four senior receivers, Ryan Jenkins, Andrew Clement, Kirk Harris and a transfer from Smyrna. I think it will be a good game. But i agree with rebelron Alcoa's best shot at Maryville will be next year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lots of respect for Maryville, but you people talk about them like they haven't lost a game in 10 yrs.! The only reason Maryville beats Alcoa most of the time is because they are a bigger school! Think about that for a min. If Alcoa was half the size of Maryville it would be a sight to see, but they're not and I'm not making excuses! Being a small 2a school makes the victory against the Rebels even better!! Well good luck to both teams, and I will be there to see this one!

Flashy1048 Posted on Jun 8 2004 - 05:36 PM

I have lots of respect for Maryville, but you people talk about them like they haven't lost a game in 10 yrs.! The only reason Maryville beats Alcoa most of the time is because they are a bigger school! Think about that for a min. If Alcoa was half the size of Maryville it would be a sight to see, but they're not and I'm not making excuses! Being a small 2a school makes the victory against the Rebels even better!! Well good luck to both teams, and I will be there to see this one! 

you make an excuse , then you say your making no excuses ???!!! you should consider politics !!!

Flashy1048 Posted on Jun 8 2004 - 05:36 PM

you make an excuse , then you say your making no excuses ???!!! you should consider politics !!!

haha you're funny!! I was just telling you like it is buddy! You know it's true that's why you're not saying anything, and maybe I will consider politics! You should join me pal!!

People that think that Alcoa has no chance to win all ten games might want to rethink that. Alcoa went to McMinn County with a 3-way scrimmage with McMinn and Chattanooga Central, and Alcoa dominated both teams, badly enough for some fans to ask about us being a 5-A school. Offensively, Alcoa moved the ball with ease all afternoon. Joei Fiegler went 9-12 for over 250 yards for 4 Td's. Dustin Lindsey was running around,through and past the defenders. Kyrus Lankster shouwed nicely with 4 catches for 125 yards and 3 TD's. Brandon Warren also had 3 catches for 75 yards and a touchdown. The Alcoa offense looked like a machine hitting on all cylinders, they were very impressive. Defensively, they haven't missed a beat. With no Td's scored on the first team Defense, and both teams combined netted 40 yards of offense. The secondary is even faster thanlast year with Darius Sudderth (lock down corner) and Tamon Cooper. Linebackers were cmacking running backs around, when they actually got past the D-line. There's no missing link, and the defense appears better than when they had Bart Hicks. Mark Avery, Martin White, Rae Sykes, Brandon Warren, and Drew "Flames" Miller terrorized the back field.

Overall this team is better than what everyone is expecting outside of the tornado camp. Alcoa certainly didn't look like a 2-A team. This team has a chance to be the team that takes us back to Murfreesboro.

i dont know about both teams. alcoa did not dominate chatt. central. if you call that domination over chatt. central, i would hate to see what your regular season would look like. that was chatt. centrals first and only day in pads and they tied alcoa. i would have hated to see what alcoa and mcminn would have looked like if chatt. central had their two weeks in pads. i believe you might call that domination by chatt. central. you had better check into things before you write something like that.

that may be true, but what about CHatt.? What is the excuse there? And wesvols, sorry, I just figured you were another boneheaded Maryville fan. Am I saying alcoa can beat maryville? Yes, I am. Am I saying they will? No one will know until game time.

the excuse is that was the first day in pads for chatt. central. like i said before would have been eating your words if they had two weeks in pads because they score was tied. plus the all state mlb is still out with knee. again, dont say things until you know the facts. and another thing, you guys will never beat maryville so stop dreaming. the best game this coming up season will be chatt. central vs. maryville in state playoffs. good luck to the rebs, the pounders respect you guys and we hope to see you in the playoffs.

As an unbiased observer, I must say that Alcoa is loaded with young talent this year. There are by far the most physically gifted 2A teams I have seen. They have the talent to compete with any team in the state regardless of classification, but talent alone doesn't win games. In order for Alcoa to beat Maryville, they will have to outcoach them, which is something that is very seldom done. The only downside I see the this Alcoac team is that thet are not a very disiplined bunch. But best of luck to both teams.

ohhhh does alcoa players love to hear what some of you guys are saying...keep it coming alcoa has always played better being the underdog and by the way Chatt central only scored ONCE on alcoa while alcoa scored 3 or 4 times.

Most of us down here in Maryville don't talk trash, at least the sensible ones anyway. Just try to be factual and support our kids the best that we can with the pride we have in them. So if that motivates another team—so be it. The unbiased observer thinks that Alcoa is loaded with young talent (Again) this year and are by far the most physically gifted 2A teams he has seen. Well again 2A is not 4 or 5A and I'm not really sure where Alcoa got all this talent again over and above last year yet. He also said "They (Alcoa) have the talent to compete with any team in the state regardless of classification, but talent alone doesn't win games. Again an excuse and an out for a team that seems to be always talented beyond belief, but can't get the job done. The Observer also said "In order for Alcoa to beat Maryville, they will have to out coach them, which is something that is very seldom done". True there. The main point of order here is beating Maryville is something NO One does often, by very much, if you check the facts.

This year is no different at Maryville. Maryville is not as talented, deep, loaded, as fast or as big. We just got the same ole' run of the mill normal down trodden State Championship Class of Team that we always have. stinks to be us!

well of course maryville is going to better better on the line and other things...think about it..alcoa 400 kids...maryville 1500..i mean come on..their gonna be better in certain positions

Right, Never said lcoa was the same as Maryville, in any respect, save for being in the same county and funding from corp. taxes are higher.