Alcoa Impressive in Scrimmages

TnVols23

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another BONEHEAD Maryville fan here with a point of order. I don't care who Alcoa beat in a 3 way practice. Chatt Cent, a pretty good team last year, was defeated by Maryville in the play-offs 27-9. I do think Chatt Cent will be a better and have a good team this year. McMinn is not that good of a team and was soundly beaten by the local Gov's last year at seasons end. Alcoa will be a good 2A team but make no mistake, will NOT beat Maryville this year. The athletes Alcoa has for the most part need to stay Alcoa if they want to play football, Maryville needs none of them. Not saying Maryville has a better kid in each position but as a team Maryville will clean Alcoa's clock once more this year. I expect Alcoa to be 7-3 at best this year and maybe 6-4 if two area teams get on track.

By the why how are Alcoa's summer work-outs going?

You people on here can do what u want to and tell Bart(The Angel of Death) as he calls himself what u want. I really don't care. I never said that I, #60, would be startin i just said iw ould be there. I am only going to be a sophomore. And, to the person who asked if our line is big and can they play, the answers are Yes and Heck Yea! They got us to the semi's last year. And GovsMan, do whatever you want to, I dont care what u tell bart, what u copy for him, or anything else that you do. WB was almost defeated by Heritage, and the only reason they won that game is because Logan Elliot returned an interception for a TD. You boys can say what u want to and talk all the trash you want to, but yall will find out that Alcoa will be better than anyone on here thinks and that is not a Promise, it is a Gaurantee.

MarshPitManiac on TnVols23's s/n again!!!! I will be on the sidelines and maybe, prolly be in the game a lil bit against MHS. We will see you boys in AUGUST!! :lol:

Allow me to say that i am not sure exactly what our roster will look like nor who our starters will be. I made a mistake by saying i willprolly be in there because i really do not know. I just had toget that out. We will see you boys in August. Go Alcoa!

Yall know it is. MarshPitManiac again!

You people on here can do what u want to and tell Bart(The Angel of Death) as he calls himself what u want. I really don't care. I never said that I, #60, would be startin i just said iw ould be there. I am only going to be a sophomore. And, to the person who asked if our line is big and can they play, the answers are Yes and Heck Yea! They got us to the semi's last year. And GovsMan, do whatever you want to, I dont care what u tell bart, what u copy for him, or anything else that you do. WB was almost defeated by Heritage, and the only reason they won that game is because Logan Elliot returned an interception for a TD. You boys can say what u want to and talk all the trash you want to, but yall will find out that Alcoa will be better than anyone on here thinks and that is not a Promise, it is a Gaurantee.

MarshPitManiac on TnVols23's s/n again!!!! I will be on the sidelines and maybe, prolly be in the game a lil bit against MHS. We will see you boys in AUGUST!! :D

Actually I don't think I asked if they were big. I asked "how big". Still waiting for the answer on that one. I guess you "prolly" just misread the question.

While I think Alcoa will be the best team in their region and will probably make the semifinals, their line would need to improve 200 percent to even compete with a team like Maryville.

It was a glaring problem last season and any team they faced in 2A with any running game at all, was able to eat up huge chunks of yardage.

While I think Alcoa will be the best team in their region and will probably make the semifinals, their line would need to improve 200 percent to even compete with a team like Maryville.

It was a glaring problem last season and any team they faced in 2A with any running game at all, was able to eat up huge chunks of yardage.

I agree AHS's O-line was somewhat suspect and inconstant last year, but this is the second year for Coach Jim Duncan, former vol & NFL player to fix those problems with execution. Coach Reid will let him work it I think, and I think the man can get it done. He really does not have great talent to work with but they will be good enough in 2A where the same beef plays both ways in some cases. All the speed Alcoa has won't help them if no one makes the blocks up front. Just ask Barry Sanders who left the lions in his prime just short of the NFL record for yards that Emmett now enjoys. No matter the level if the O-line can't produce blocks and holes, the best backs go now where. Mr. Riggs found that out vs. MHS a few years ago. MHS has had great success because of Coach Ellis who demands excellence every year with each year, and this year will be no exception. If it were not for the history of the programs, Alcoa should play someone else the second week and stop getting pounded by a team that is the perennial state football power in the east, bar none, without question.

man im telling you, your going to keep saying all this crap about Alcoa's O-Line being garbage and not going to be able to block anybody and your going to see them this season and be REALLY surprised....starting after the WB last year alcoa didnt give up a sack until the quarterfinal game aganst Oliver Springs. During those 8 games they were missing pre-season all state lineman Martin White. He will be replacing Jordan Keller at tackle so technically alcoa is only loosing one starting lineman Brandon Brewer but theres already a pretty decent lineman stepping in that is strong as an ox just lacks experience but has a lot of potential. I think everyone will be really surprised by alcoa's offensive line this year if they start off as strong as they were at the end of the year last year then Dustin Lindsey may easily break 2000 this season becuase he didnt get to 1000 by himself last year. see you boys in Shields Stadium

-MarshPitManiac

Edited by TnVols23