Stanley Cup

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Calgary to win the cup. The last game we played them, a win, Sutter sent out the goon squad with about 2 seconds left in the game to start a fight. Which they did. Neminin is a good but dirty player and won't fight his own fights. Calgery is playing much better right now, but they lack the class I would rather see in a championship team.

Plus, I don't want a Canada team as champs. Would rather see a team from AMERICA, WHERE I LIVE.

Wow. Now that was a hockey game! I say Tampa probably wins now. Both teams will be very tired but the Bolts at least be at home. Then again, they haven't done too well this series after winning. But I think they do what the Avs do a couple years ago and take the last two to win the Cup.

This is the toughest series to predict as it just oscillates in each game and home ice seems to have nothing to do with anything.

Calgary defense was terrible in the first two periods tonight and then seemed to settle down as it went into the 3rd period and overtime. The goal in the 2nd OT was against the run of play from the first OT, but sloppy defense from Calgary cost them the game.

As a long time hockey fan, I am really not too keen on the Stanley Cup being decided on June 7th. I like the old way of finishing in Mid May and having fewer regular season games and the first round being a best of five.