CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chatt Central will win this division because they have almost all their starters coming back.

I don't think so! Many of their key skill people graduated this year. The same things is true of East Ridge and Cleveland! I think Hixson and Rhea may be the early front runners.

This week we'll vote on the Region 4 favorites in each classification. Next week, Region 5, etc.

Don't really know much about this region but seems everyone one lost there major players Cleveland:LeVonte Barber, Central: Micheal Davenport & Joe Despaux, East Ridge: Anthony Anderson, Hixson: Wilfird Blowe, Red Bank: Clarence Goins. So there will be some new faces at the skill positions for most of the teams.

My PREDICTIONS? ;)B)

1) Cleveland

2) Chattanoga Central

3) Rhea County

4) Red Bank

5) East Ridge

6) Hixson

7) Brainerd

I don't think so! Many of their key skill people graduated this year. The same things is true of East Ridge and Cleveland! I think Hixson and Rhea may be the early front runners.

i do think so. you said they lost all their skilled players which they didnt. that is two people. they have 10 of 11 starters on defense returning and 8 of 11 on offense returning. robert woods, brent hayes, lorenzo meadows, jamel hambrick, shawn hacker, chris newby, buea weiss, and the list gos on. this is the type of things the pounders have built off of the last 2 years so you people keep talking. there will be a region championship this year.

i do think so. you said they lost all their skilled players which they didnt. that is two people. they have 10 of 11 starters on defense returning and 8 of 11 on offense returning. robert woods, brent hayes, lorenzo meadows, jamel hambrick, shawn hacker, chris newby, buea weiss, and the list gos on. this is the type of things the pounders have built off of the last 2 years so you people keep talking. there will be a region championship this year.

I think I said "many of their skill players" not all, anyway, East Ridge lost their starting QB, both FB and TB, all-state kicker, three LB's, FS, and both of their best OL-men. Central may have some great kids coming back, no doubt they will have the best MLB in the area, but you can't help but miss the powerful combination of Michael Davenport & Joe Despaux. These two young men accounted for well over 75% of their scoring. As I said before, it will be an interesting year in Region 4-4A. ER will be moving down to 3A in 2005 (and possibly Hixson too), so it will be the last time in five year for some of these teams to play each other in the region. I think Hixson, Red Bank, and Brainerd all have a shot at improving greatly! Brainerd will have the Smiley kid at QB again and he was impressive last year. IF you think Central is going to dominate along with Central, fine... all I'm saying is everyone has a shot at it this year! EVERYONE!

I dont know about these predictions.Yall are wither uninformed or biased...I have to think Cleveland will be good because they always are but I lost almost everyone but I'd have to think theyd be in the top 3. Central will be in trouble losing Despaux,Davenport,and WR Chris Geter who accounted for all their offense just about but they keep most of their other players including Brent Hayes. I'd have to say theyll be in the top 3 too. East Ridge lost their entire team i dont expect much out of them .I think theyll be in the bottom 3. Rhea County is always tough. They werent hurt too badly by graduation but they have saome skill positions to fill. I think theyll be anywhere from 2 to 4. Hixson should be strong and is considered by many to be the darkhorse in this crazy region. They have D1 prospects Adam Owens and Tony Swafford and keep all skill positions players except Athlete Wil Blowe who went to UTC. Theyre not well known I guess thats why Sequatchie picked them to be 6th. I think they could be anywhere from 1 to 4. Red Bank lost all their top players I think theyll be in the bottom 3 along with Brainerd. This is a good region. I feel sorry for running backs that have to run through LB's Adam Owens(Hix.),Brandon Brown(Cleve.),and Brent Hayes(Central) holes this year.All 3 could be all state.

Ela, I think you're right. There is definitely no lock for region champ this year. I'm sure for looking for Central to win it, cause they're my team. But they do have some big holes to fill. They have some good young talent at QB & RB, but they are unproven, so it may take a few games for them to settle in. Hopefully having a few non-region games early will let them get some confidence for a tough region schedule.

Ela, I think you're right. There is definitely no lock for region champ this year. I'm sure for looking for Central to win it, cause they're my team. But they do have some big holes to fill. They have some good young talent at QB & RB, but they are unproven, so it may take a few games for them to settle in. Hopefully having a few non-region games early will let them get some confidence for a tough region schedule.

My feelings exactly for both Central and East Ridge. I think East Ridge will be better on defense but will struggle on Offense early! Central's defense should be very good!