Best two players in state are from Nashville

cdm2003

A mid state team all star team would probably be: Tyler Smith, Jamont, Brandon Wright.

If I had to pick the top 5 players in West TN I'd go...

Richard Delk, JP, Thaddeous Young, Pierre, and possibly Lawrence Kinnard or Anthony Mason Jr.

That west team would be pretty nasty, with every player being at least 6'5. Jp, Delk, and Mason would be tought to stop.

I know that historically, Brandon Wright has not faired well when being guarded by Pierre and/ or Young in AAU. I still would give the advantage to the Mid-State.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To NCS, David Palmer is a very good player who is weak and plays out of position. He's more of an Small Forward than anything, but being 6'7 in Nashville you have no choice but to play in the post. He can handle the ball, has an nice jumper, and he can also run the floor. Trust me he isn't going to Oak Hill for no reason, he has earned his spot, just not at Antioch.

How can you be a good player if you are weak. David has come along way since he first started playing ball, but he is nowhere where he needs to be for his size. His work ethic is horrible. He refuses to lift weights, and his ball handling skills are not that good. He just developed a jumper. Power forward maybe, not small. He will have to prove himself at Oak Hill to be considered a top prospect. At Antioch, it was not his fault. It was the coach's inability at not using his talent. Hopefully David will do better in the future but as of right now it just is not working.

I have seen all the player that ya'll talking about and all of them are good player except Palmer he is sorry! my little brother was giving him the biz and he just 6 foot if that, but the best player in TN is stright from out south in Cashville and that J. Gordon, because he make it look so easy. I know somebody is going to say the the delk twins are better, but they just caught Gordon on a bad night and if he could have that night back he would kill them. But watch out for my little brother John Crenshaw A.K.A. JR.

J.p. Prince can matchup from the 1-4 position with anyone in the state. Thaddeous Young however will end up being the best player coming out of Memphis since Penny Hardaway because he's long ,quick, efficient and he might not be through growing at 6'9. Tyler Smith will have trouble guarding J.P. of the dribble unless he's an all world defender becuase Prince can get to the whole and pass at will.

West Tn would win with the ability to shoot... Reginald Delk, Richard Delk, Anthony Mason are all great shooters, and Young can knock it down consistently as well...

Johnny Lee over Richard Delk??? Be realistic if you're going to make an argument... High Major offers vs. little D-1 interest...

This would still be a great matchup, West vs. Middle... The West just has too much versatility, depth, and clear advantages at two positions...

J.R. Crenshaw plays for McGavock and he'll be an Jr this year. To be so young he makes it lood easy when he scores averaging 16 pts as a sophmore.

Richard Delk may be a better player being 6'5 compared to 5'8, plus he is getting credit being a 6'5 twin. Still I believe that Johnny Lee has better point guard skills being a better dribbler, playmaker, and leader.

Ya cant argue the skill factor

Edited by cdm2003

cdm... did you see Lee at the Challenge of Champions??? He struggled, and was a non-factor in a 18 point loss to our 16 year old team. He struggled all weekend long against increased competition... Lee is a fantastic player, but let's not confuse borderline D-1 and High Major players...

Meanwhile, Richard Delk has had a fantastic summer, ranking as the #4 PG in the NBA Player Camp by two recruiting services (Prince was not among the Top 10, for reference, and Lee was not invited), and putting up big numbers on a National scene, including 26 vs. NC Gaters, 25 vs. Texas Top Prospects, etc...

The argument between the Middle and West All star teams is a good one; arguments about the PG and PF positions are a landslide to the West, though...

• 2 weeks later...

gomab, you make all the points about which player did what at all the camps then give charles little his DO!!! You can not judge a player on what he did in one game. You have even posted what a player has done in one half virses your aau team. Any basketball man knows you must follow a player over ths course of several games to get a true opinion of a player. Please don't follow me for one day and say that's as good as it gets. I have seen NBA all stars look very bad at times even in high school.