Oakdale: Jimmy McGill, David Cooney, David Goins, Herbie Jones, Steve Marshall

Sunbright: Doug Morgan, Joe Galloway, Curtis LaRue

Wartburg: Marty Cox, Donnie Mouse Shadden, Steve Garrett

Kingbrian, we're talking about the great ones, not small town heros. :lol:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how they stack up in yardage but here are the best I have seen.

Leroy Thompson Austin East 1983-86. I watched him torment Maryville for 4 seasons. AE had their best team in 1986. Leroy Thompson was a great running back and a great defensive back.

Dante Hickey Cleveland 1992-94. He was a slasher who could take it to the house on any play. If he could have went to UT he would have probably been a defensive back. He should be playing in the NFL right now. That is how good he was.A wasted talent.

Reggie Brown Loudon 1981-83 He was an awesome back. He ran through people. A power back with speed. Went to UT but got in trouble right off the bat. Another wasted talent.

Santonio Beard Pearl Cohn 96-98 He was a great running back.

Travis Cozart Lenoir City 90-92 He is the best I have seen. He was the whole team at Lenoir City. I saw him rush for 275yds and have 150yds receiving vs Maryville in 1991. That was the best overall performance I ever seen. MHS won the game 24-17 in overtime. Had he stayed out of trouble he would have beat out Jay Graham at RB when he was at UT.Another waste of talent.

one of the best backs i ever saw was adam tipps of CPA only b/c he had no speed, no size, or any of the talents most great backs have, but he always found a way to gain yardage. I believe he was a mr. football awrd winner too.

now looking at the best backs to ever come out of Tn my list is so

Travis Stewart and Fred Lane...NFL says most of it.

stats wise you gotta go with Troy Fleming, but then again mostly all those yards were in single A.

Ralph King. His stats were in 5A so i see him being purdy darn good.

Kirsten Biggers...anyone who saw him play will say he was awesome at the highschool level.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• hey goat! how’s monterey looking this year?! 
    • several people actually. they said “snoball, do you know who railbird81 is on coacht?” I said, “never heard of her.” they said, “you ought to check it out they’re getting fired up on there like the old days.” well, you can imagine my disappointment when I came here expecting sharp, witty banter and all i found was more akin to toddlers slap fighting. and what looks like 1 guy/gal talking to themselves with multiple accounts.
    • Shopping? His family is loaded and he's 6'6 I'm pretty sure he could start anywhere in upper East TN,So no need to shop. Word is Witten got caught trying to work him out on campus and some 7 on 7 while playing athletics for Sullivan East. Word got around pretty quick and Someone turned them into TSSAA.
    • Quick update on Jacob -  Jacob celebrated his 16th birthday at Vanderbilt on Tuesday and has been in decent spirits.  His sense of humor has begun to show as he was visited by many friends.  He is swallowing a lot better now and has eaten some of his favorites (Chik-Fil-A and Five Guys).   He is getting prepared to head to Atlanta to the Shepherd Center first thing tomorrow morning.  His family has been waiting on insurance approval. In case you dont know the Shepherd Center it a world class facility and supposedly one of the best in the country for spinal injury rehab.  Praying for perfect results there. Considering the circumstances, Jacob is in decent spirits.  He has some reflexive movement in his legs which I think is probably a very positive sign.  Don't read too much into that just yet as there is no telling what the real prognosis is... just hopeful that is good thing.  I am really just happy that it seems like he has a punchers chance of getting something back.  He is a strong young man and very determined so I think he will fight as hard as he can in physical therapy while down in Atlanta. More than one of you has asked me about an address to send donations.  I know GoFundMe isn't for everyone.  If you want to go that route, you can make a check to "Blackman Wrestling Club" and we will pass anything received directly to the Kinderdines.   Jacob Kinderdine c/o Blackman Wrestling 4836 Trevino Court Murfreesboro, TN  37128 Also, want to thank everyone who has donated so far.  Jacobs dad will take a month off work and stay in Atlanta with him.  They need to learn how to take care of him and do home therapy work..... and surely Jacob will be glad his dad can be there.  All that could not happen without you all.  Depending on what happens, they will probably end up doing some home remodeling in order to accommodate Jacob at their home.  Thanks again. Here's a pic I lifted from Facebook of Jacob on Oxy talking to his Uncle.  LOL        
    • How many wins can the jackets pull of next year ?? What kind of offense will they being going to!? Also heard 2 or 3 kids maybe going to friendship ?