1st Half Review

landergolfer

Wow! A great first half of the NASCAR season is over. We had everything we could have bargained for and more! Conterversy, great competition, parity, young guns and the wiley vets winning, and a few fan favorite wins. As we have 10 races until the chase for the championship begins, the contenders have been set. Now as we start the crucial 2nd part of the year starting at Daytona (qualfying as I type) the 400 point margain or top 10 looms for several top teams.

Top 5 performances of the First Half

1. Jimmie Johnson Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte) leading 500 miles of a 600 mile race isnt to bad. The strongest car I have ever seen. Lapping at one point all but 8 cars is really good too.

2. Morgan Shepard (Martinsville)- Overlooked as the best run by a field filler, the old-timer lasted 500 laps at a tough old track only losing 7-10 laps.

3. Kasey Khane Samsung 500 (Texas)- The most dominate car all day only to get beat by less then a foot. Kasey dominated the race.

4. Jimmie Johnson Pocono 500 (Pocono)- Johnson's team had their act together again for another dominate effort. It was however about destroyed by a bad descion by NASCAR.

5. Jeff Gordon Save Mart 350 (Sears Point)- Hardly challenged all day and only gave the lead up when pitting. Just dominate.

Notable Drivers out of the Chase as of 7/1/04

Dale Jarrett

Jamie McMurray

Kasey Kahne

Jeremy Mayfield

Rusty Wallace

Mark Martin

Jerry's favorite driver is Mark Martin, mine is Jamie McMurrary.

Looks like last night's happy hour put a glitch in Wallace's position tonight. I thought the rain was going to put the whole thing on hold, but as of right now, things look like a go!

Lander, I didnt know you went in for nascar! Cool!!