1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A- What's the difference?

AERoadrunners

sometimes the answers are simple and over looked.

example- you know why when you see ducks flying overhead int the V formation one side is longer ???

There are more ducks on that side

You know why 5a beats 1a etc???

Because they are better

sometimes the answers are simple and over looked.

example- you know why when you see ducks flying overhead int the V formation one side is longer ???

There are more ducks on that side

You know why 5a beats 1a etc???

Because they are better

Hey 82cat, got you a question... Then why does Fulton(3A) beat Carter(4A) every year??? Why could a 3A not beat a 4A or 5A school, not because their better... Anyone team can compete on any given night, that is a proven fact.... So in my opinion, bigger is not always mean better... It is about the heart and the fight a team puts into a game every week... So I don't agree with you comment about bigger being better... So I believe that the 2 top 3A schools in the state Fulton and AE, could compete and beat any 4A or 5A team in the state...

The dealine for teams that want to play up in the next classification is coming up my bet is all those schools you metioned want do it. If it is so easy then why not come on up and get ya some 5a football instead of just talking about it over and over.

There is not one thing keepimg those teams from playing up it is entirely their decison so I say jump in any time and start whoopin all those weak little 5a schools.

"hold me back or I'm gona move up there and start beatin all of ya"

Well nobbody is holding you back so until you move up and play in those regions it is all talk mainly about "we beat a 5 a school once or twice or whatever" well move up and beat em week after week through the playoffs until then it is all talk.

The reason that they do not move up is that the coaches and administrators are smart enough not to pay any attention to silly little posts such as this. Sure, one person thinks his team could beat any other team in the state, but that doesn't mean that everyone associated with the team does.

The dealine for teams that want to play up in the next classification is coming up my bet is all those schools you metioned want do it. If it is so easy then why not come on up and get ya some 5a football instead of just talking about it over and over.

There is not one thing keepimg those teams from playing up it is entirely their decison so I say jump in any time and start whoopin all those weak little 5a schools.

"hold me back or I'm gona move up there and start beatin all of ya"

Well nobbody is holding you back so until you move up and play in those regions it is all talk mainly about "we beat a 5 a school once or twice or whatever" well move up and beat em week after week through the playoffs until then it is all talk.

If you guys were smart enough, you must know to move up in classification for a school you must have a certain amout of kids... Fulton is moving up next year to 4A and "no team will whip them as someone said"... So you guys need to know that a school must have a certain amount of students to move up to a higher classification such as 4A and 5A... Next year we will see if you can whip us, but I having a feeling that you will not be able to, because Fulton has speed, size, and a great coaching staff... But for know Fulton will repeat as 3A champs and come next year we will see if a team like Fulton or AE can compete in 4A and 5A, and alot of people are going to be shocked by how good they really are in football...

This is one of the silliest threads I've seen on this website. The TSSAA didn't create the classification system for arbitrary reasons. There is a purpose for the classifications. I find humor in you all justifying your argument by saying your school beat a larger one last year. If you all want to be respected throughout the state as one of the "big boys," move up to 5a, no one is stopping you. Simply put, smaller schools cannot compete with the top large schools on a consistent basis.

You are wrong about enrollment being the only factor.

While it does set the classifications schools can choose to play up in class and you can go to the tssaa websiste and ck the deadline for applying to play up for the next classification season. So any school that wants to come up and compete can do it anytime they want but despite all the talk it virtually never happens.

Its really simple if you want to play with the hichest classifications do it.

Rebelguy hit it on the nose most people in power are smart enough to know where they need to compete consistently

I for one didn't think this was a silly thread. You people who are saying this thread is silly must be the silly ones. There has been a lot of interesting opinions being presented on this thread. But for an example that a team that played in a smaller A could compete with a big A is Memphis Ridgeway. They won the 2002 3A championship and they moved up to 4A in 2003 and they finished 7-3 and lost the 1st round of the playoffs. So that's saying a smaller A could compete.

Name a team that plays their players on both sides of the ball? Also doesn't each team have 1 or 2 players that plays on both sides of the ball?

CPA vs Riverdale will shatter your hypothesis

CPA excellent in their class no doubt about it. well coached well funded has no excuse for loosing to Riverdale based on youtr summation. They will loose because

Riverdale has a better team because they have 5 times more students to choose from

AE

I'll give you 28 points and CPA anytime you want it for whatever amount you want.

anytime you increase the number of potential elements in a pool you will ststitically always be better it doesn't matter if it is scientist, economist or football players the larger the pool the more likely you are to find better elements

The odds of finding lets say a good offensive tackle in a pool of 1500 students vs a school 300 students is 5 to 1(unless your Brentwood Academy then you odds are some how magically reversed but thats a thread that has already been beat to death)

Good thread and got some discussion going but as some one who has seen a lot of teams at various levels it just doesn't wash the difference between 5a and 3a or less in most cases is dramatically obvious.

I for one didn't think this was a silly thread. You people who are saying this thread is silly must be the silly ones. There has been a lot of interesting opinions being presented on this thread. But for an example that a team that played in a smaller A could compete with a big A is Memphis Ridgeway. They won the 2002 3A championship and they moved up to 4A in 2003 and they finished 7-3 and lost the 1st round of the playoffs. So that's saying a smaller A could compete.

Name a team that plays their players on both sides of the ball? Also doesn't each team have 1 or 2 players that plays on both sides of the ball?

Date Opponent Location Result

Sat Aug. 23 Hopkinsville,KY 12 Noon W 34-31

Fri Aug. 29 at Briarcrest Christian W 10-7

Fri Sep. 5 at Melrose R L 3-35

Fri Sep. 19 at Webb City,MO W 31-24

Thu Sep. 25 B. T. Washington W 81-0

Fri Oct. 3 Craigmont R W 21-10

Fri Oct. 10 at Memphis East R L 7-14

Fri Oct. 17 at Wooddale R W 42-0

Fri Oct. 24 White Station L 21-23

Fri Oct. 31 Fairley R W 13-12

Fri Nov. 7 at Hardin Co. L 24-27

Ridgeway fared a lot better last year than I thought they would..it will be intresting to see if they can maintain that kind of sucess in the next few years.