1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A- What's the difference?

AERoadrunners

On 7/3/2004 at 1:32 PM, BigSneaky said:

Much like Div II AAA has a big edge in Wins against 5A...I'd be willing to bet The gap between 5A and 1-4A is just as large. If anyone has access to this data I'm sure it would add to this discussion.

I guess we will see when Ensworth Visits 1A Union City to open the season. It will no doubt be a tough game but our bud expect to win when the touch the field and Ensworth will know who Union City is when they leave. Hopefully they leave with a L on their record.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 11:22 AM, BigStickDiplomacy said:

I don't feel like reading all of this but the obviously the A's are for enrollment. 

Participants do not equal players. 

Players are sometimes born but most often are developed.

Coaching is huge.

Most good/great coaches go where they get paid the most or where they can ride some talent to a better paying job.

Agree , McGavock should have a dominant program based on school size but not so.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2004 at 1:30 PM, AERoadrunners said:

What's the difference? It may be shocking to some to find out that school enrollment is the only difference in the A's. How come many people think a 3A school couldn't compete or beat a 4A or 5A school? I just don't understand why you all make the A's the reason why an upper A could just cake walk over a smaller A. Don't use that as an excuse. Football is Football and there's a small difference in sizes of the players but the skills of a smaller A could be just as good or better then a big A. It may be a difference in the number of players on the sidelines but not the size, speed, and ability.

Someone please explain to me why the A is the reason why you think your team could beat a smaller A.

AE isnt going to run the gauntlet of playing bigger schools each week. Playing Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Cleveland, Bradley Central and Hardin Valley. They may win a game or two but they won't make the playoffs. 

• Like 1