Franklin Rebels

huskers

This mainly goes out to the WillCo fans, esp the Rebel fans. How is Franklin looking this year, what's going on with the QB position, WR's etc? I expect T Flatt to have a little knowledge on this, probably Wes too...Sadly I've become a victim of college life at UT with little information coming to me about my hometown. I'm sure TJ will have everyone ready and of course after our last 2 seasons the support will be there. I played with these guys 2 years ago, but it's hard to tell where TJ has made moves, who has developed etc. Derrian is a stud and the coaching is always top notch. Let me hear about the rest of the area as well.

By the way T, my Huskers are gonna rock you Sooner's world on Nov. 13th IN Norman too...It's gonna be too bad when the MCO (Midwest Coast Offense) otherwise known as the "Our Quarterback is Finally a Quarterback and Not a Glorified Running Back" offense runs wild on you. Just kidding T but hopefully that will give you a clue who this is. B)

And Always Remember...

"It's Great To Be A Tennessee Vol"

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huskers, I'm in the same boat as you since I'm also up at UT...but I'd look for the Rebs to field a pretty solid team with plenty of questions after the loss of Solima, Nichols, Murray, and Bell (all of whom played in postseason all-star games). RB Darian Waters will be a key player for Franklin.

What year are you at UT? I'm trying to figure out who you are and if I know you...

Edited by WesVols

Hmmm, I have an idea who this is, but I'm not sure. You'll have to tell me at some point. I'll have a more important game for me on that day to even worry about it. ULM at MTSU. GO TRIBE! (But GO SOONERS! too)

Anyways, as far as Franklin goes... well, I've heard two completely opposite things. I've heard they're going to struggle and I've heard they're going to be real tough. I think I'll go with the real tough. Strenth should be defense which returns quite a bit. Many expect the D to be reallllll good. And as the cliche goes, defense wins championships. Could this be the missing key? The D in 2002 was real good, but there were other factors that led to the Rebs bowing out in the quarters. Last year, they have the experience of success, but the D was a little shakey. Couldn't stop the run if we wanted to in most games. Thus, we didn't quite make it all the way. Now, as long as the offense can turn it up... who knows. Waters is good, if not great. I've heard a couple schools are looking at him. QB... dang, I can't remember who's taking over that job. Someone that BDD compared to Reff... I think. WRs will be young, but I wouldn't expect them to get much use anyways. Rumor is Nowell is doing a complete makeover of the offense. I wouldn't expect to see us spread the field and put 4 or 5 WRS out there this year. I think you'll see much more of a smashmouth, run it up the gut type of thing. We'll see though. Well, no, y'all will see and I'll read about it. For those FHS fans that I haven't told, the family is moving to Florida. So not only am I finally making it to a real college, but I won't be back to Franklin often. I MIGHT come up for the Brentwood game, we'll just have to see. So I'm counting on y'all to keep me up-to-date once I leave for school in August.

GO REBS!

Derek Anderson will be the quarterback. Apparently his AAU team wanted him to concentrate strictly on basketball (and for good reason, the kid is amazing), but Anderson has decided to come out and play for the football team. That will allow Waters to move to RB, his more natural position, and will give the Rebs a better shot at winning some ball games.

Like I said in other posts, the Rebels look to have most of the tools to win, but they will be a young and untested team this year. These aren't the senior classes of the last two years, and leadership will have a lot to do with how well Franklin fares.

Another thing to note which has been brought up several times on this website is that Centennial is supposed to have a heck of a team this year. If Franklin wants to keep our streak of consecutive victories alive, they better not overlook this team.

To answer questions about other area teams... Brentwood is going to be down if you ask me. I think they'll really feel their lack of numbers though they do have some talent returning (like 'Dinger at WR). As Rebelguy pointed out, Centennial is going to be good and the Battle of Franklin VIII might not go to the Rebs. We'll have to see. I think Franklin, CHS, and BHS all make the postseason (on paper at least) along with Dickson County.

WesVols,

I'm a soph. up at UT along with you. Went to good ol GES with you...and if I recall correctly I'm one frat house down from you on the right (Not the one that looks like a huge lego). Anyway T thanks for the info on Franklin and I'm glad you could remember me...hope college life away from home treats you well, it's a blast. Wes keep up the good work on MTV-U a la knoxville...I'm sure somewhere up there at least 1 person is actually watching (just kidding-my friend tess is your co-host). As for the Rebels I talked to some seniors and they said that Mack Hibbitt, Trip's litle brother was playing which was interesting. I hope the guys get another good season with TJ...after 3 years of mediocrity it was nice to be a part of something like that and I'm glad these guys have a chance at 3 years of steady winning. As for Derrick and the AAU stuff I hope he gets to play he is an athlete, but I do wonder because I've heard that same story of him playing then not, and back and forth. I'm impressed by Nowell changing the offense...probably a good call-one of the only coaches that could pull that switch off without worry all while having a 1/2 pound of chewing tobacco in the lower front lip. Anyway glad to hear news about FHS and T hope the family enjoys Florida. Keep me updated on the rebs and Wes if you got anything on the Vols certainly them too. God forbid we have another Clausen ruin my college years.

"Phillips runs through, around, over, and underneath defenders from South Carolina takes the ball all the way home for a miraculous touchdown."

I think the Senior Class this fall will carry the leadership the team needs very well. They all seem to have their heads on straight, and have learned well from the past two years. That was an ingredient that was missing for the past two classes - a winning tradition with solid senior leadership, from the classes ahead of them - this class has had two great examples to learn from

They may not have the numbers, that previous senior classes have had - but they are all working hard this summer to keep the program going in the right direction.

The QB position will have more competition this year than the past two years did. Anderson, Hibbett, and Michritt (excuse the spelling) will push each other and b ring out the best in whoever lines up behind the center.

Running Back - Derrian Waters, nuff said.

A few guys back from when they were freshmen, Shannon Derricks, Tim Leach (Shamrock) not big Tim Leach, join Pritchett and Hewitt to solidify the WR spots.

O-Line will have Carl Gilliam, Big Tim Leach, Antonio Gaines, Ben Seale, Ben Cross and Bubba Lane.

Dawson Bryant, Chaz Pace, Brooks Plummer, and Steven Hotard will all see plenty of action and will contribute big.

Not to mention the Kickers, Defatta and Campbell.

The D will be strong.

TJ will have this team ready, the seniors will lead, the Rebels will be strong.

Edited by faninthestand