Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

I'm not sure if its the best, but one that I love to watch is the kingston/OS rivalry. This year its at Kingston and Kingston hasn't been beat at home by a roane county team in 17 years. Rockwood will have the opportunity first, but week 5 brings in OS. This year should be a good one.

ACCARP

JC4life,

Great post, I agree with you 100%...great games - great rivalries...this is a great list as to what high school football is all about -tradition, pride, and effort...when is kickoff? I am ready for the season to begin..thanks

Roll Tribe Roll

Jeff Co-Mo West-THIS is a bad blood rivalry,the game is ALL about bragging rights nothing else,won`t find a more heated rivalry in the east.

Sooo true..You never see more hate than at a Mowest/JeffCo game...

MoWest/Greenville is pretty heated too

MoWest/Maryville is a good game, but there is never any hate in this game...I think both teams in this rivalry respect each other unlike mowest/greenville,mowest/jeffco

Have to agree with FHSRebel, Franklin vs Brentwood...two Williamson County schools goin head to head. Always a good game. Hendersonville-Beech and Gallatin-Hendersonville are also to big rivals. Gallatin v Hendersonville being the bigger one. These two teams have been playing each other for a loooooooong time. BHS-HHS like 84...I think thats when Beech opened.

Ooltewah - Central... now that Central has made a team out of themselves its a real rivalry...the fans are what make this one great... The refs of Ooltewah are original, and the purple puds of central do what htey can... adn then there is centrals inferiority complex towards the owls whether its rich kids/poor kids. or just the hatred of Ooltewahs supposed "arrogance". wither way it definitely makes for an interesting game and certainly great internet fodder

Franklin/Brentwood

Lipscomb/Goodpasture...DL also had a rivalry against Marshall Co. that was big...however, that was only because of the "Marshall Co. Miracle: When time stood still"

MBA/BA

Huntingdon/Milan

All of those are rivalries that don't let up any year. You could say that all the rivalries in Williamson Co. are big, but Franklin/Brentwood is consistantly a huge rivalry. The same goes for the other three.