Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

Sooo true..You never see more hate than at a Mowest/JeffCo game...

MoWest/Greenville is pretty heated too

MoWest/Maryville is a good game, but there is never any hate in this game...I think both teams in this rivalry respect each other unlike mowest/greenville,mowest/jeffco

825290639[/snapback]

I watched the Greeneville vs MOWest playoff game in 2002. I will never forget some of the Greeneville fans saying (Pick him up scrape him off the field) when Emanuel Frederick was laying on the field. I remember players punching each other. I remember all the cheap shots.I remember all the trash talk.

If MOWest vs Jeff County is more heated than Greeneville vs MOWest then it must be a big time hate battle.

I know Jeff Co and Cocke Co were a HUGE rivalry back in the 80's and early 90's.It was nothing but HATE.Cocke Co would dump dead chicken's and pour chicken's blood all over the grounds of Jefferson County High School.Don`t know what Jeff Co would do in return,but I can only imagine it was just as bad.Its not so much of a rivalry anymore with Cocke Co being as bad as they are now,but back in the day it was the most hate filled rivalry in Tennessee.

If MOWest vs Jeff County is more heated than Greeneville vs MOWest then it must be a big time hate battle.

825290732[/snapback]

You have no idea! With the two counties being right next to each other,and since both teams are usually good,it just adds to dislike that is already there.

When I was at Maryville we wanted to beat Alcoa,Heritage and William Blount. We always did beat them. But! There were 2 schools that I did not like.

Rule. They were a dirty football team. Their fans were awful. They threw stuff on us all the time when we went under their stands. Coffee,cokes,liquor would be poured on us. They spit on us too. Plus! Maryville and Rule were always the 2 best teams in the district. Back then if you didn't win your district you didn't go to the playoffs. It was always for the district championship.

Powell. The Maryville coaching staff and the Powell coaching staff did not like each other. In 1977 Powell went to Maryville and upset them 10-7. The Powell players tore up the lockeroom. Coach Story never got over that. In 1979 after Maryville won 21-0 a Powell player started a fight with a Maryville player. The Maryville player was whipping his tail.Then the coaches about got in to it. That didn't help matters none. Powell beat #1 ranked Maryville in 1980 to dash their playoff hopes. Maryville killed them in 1981. Maryville and Powell still play each other but their is not the bad blood between them no more.

Guest Oakland

it may not be the best or even close at this point since they have only played once, but oakland-siegel will become a big rivalry, there is some fierce hatred bewteen those 2 schools

Rhea County and Cleveland.....it got out of control last season.

Back in the 80's and early 90's Rhea County and Jefferson County used to have some big games and it became sort of long distance rivalry that spilled over into the playoffs a couple of years. The visiting team won the first eight meetings between the schools and it became know as the "home jinx" for two schools that didnt lose very often at home. In recent years it hasnt been much of a rivalry between the schools because Rhea is in 4A and Jeff is in 5A and they dont play every year. Jeff Co opened their season with a 32-13 spanking of Rhea last year @ Dandrige and open the season this year @ Evensville......hopefully this rivalry will fire up again. :)

I watched the Greeneville vs MOWest playoff game in 2002. I will never forget some of the Greeneville fans saying (Pick him up scrape him off the field) when Emanuel Frederick was laying on the field. I remember players punching each other. I remember all the cheap shots.I remember all the trash talk.

Yea Mowest Jeffco is really heated..last year they were chanting "We Want Sanvy"...if you dont know the story behind it , it doesnt mean anything..but if you do, you'd understand how totally classless jeff was

White House/Portland

Beech/Hendersonville

Gallatin/Hendersonville

David Lipscomb/Goodpasture

MBA/BA

Brentwood/Franklin

White House/Greenbrier

Huntingdon/Milan

Lebanon/Mt Juiet

Germantown/Houston

Northeast/Northwest

Smith County/Gordonsville

Boyd Buchanan/South Pittsburg

DCA/CPA

Baylor/McCallie

MUS/Christian Brothers

Dyersburg/Dyer County

825290711[/snapback]

Excellent list, timbdp, but I know the folks from CPA really get up for FRA.

Course this CPA/Riverdale thing could turn into something. :):)