? About Brent Hayes from Chattanooga Central

POUNDERMAN44

After watching Brent at practice and a scrimmage against Bradley Co. , Brent could definatly play in the SEC. He has slimmed down to about 235 (last year he reported to camp at 253) and his showing no effects of the knee injury. He is absolutly blowing people up. He and the rest of the Pounder D will be fun to watch this year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These comments might mean more if they didnt come from guys named purplepounder,pounder44,and poundingpurplepeople....The way this man is being hyped he better have 200 tackles an 40 sacks ..An i wont write down Tennessee yet especially since UT signs only the best an this kids coming off an atrocious knee injury..We'll see

The Vols are looking at Brent( I mean just looking right now). I think he will be the type of player that Tennessee would fall back on if they do not get thier first choices, kind of like the way they did Eric Westmorland and Eddie Moore. These two guys were not offered till very late in the recruiting season because the vols had to fall back to these guys. This has been Tennessee's problem forever not recruiting the best in state talent and thinking they have to go out of state just becuase some recruiting guru says a guy out in California or wherever is a 5 star player. I think Brent has a chance to play in the SEC but we will have to wait and see. He took a non official visit to UT over the weekend and I heard that Clemson is real high on him also.

p.s. Hey russ, didn't one of those highly recruited lb out of california Kevin Simon also still sign with Tennessee after a devastating knee injury in one of his high school all-star games...just wondering!

Ill tell you somethin about brent hayes and im not tryin to get emotional here or anything. Brent is a great guy all around. He isnt like alot of really good athletes who think too much of himself. He is very modest in everything he does and never hypes himself up. He busts his tail on and off the field and he knows he has alot of work ahead of him. All he did all summer was workout and run. Its amazing to seee a guy so dedicated as he is even after what all hes been through in the past. He has made many sacrafices so he would be able to get to workouts and make himself better. He doesnt have a big head about football, he thinks of himself last in just about everything and puts his team in front of life when its season time. He has come along way since the tyner game last year when he couldnt even walk off the field under his own power and as a good friend of his i cant believe how far hes come. Football is life to Brent very few people in this area can truely say that about someone. He knows hes not the best but he sure as heck trys to be. He'll be ready to help his team win this year and he'll go somewhere and continue playing football. i think thats all hes really conserned about.

Edited by purplepounderfootball

The Hayes kid is very good. I think his destination in College all depends on his performance this year, and I don't think anyone can argue with that. Alot of college's will want to see how he bounces back from the knee injury. I think his speed is good, but could always use a little work. I think he would make a very good player for UTC and I would love to see him playing here locally. Yet, I think where Brent Hayes goes is all up to him and his performances. I am pulling for you Brent. Got Get em' Big Guy.