Suggestion For Posters!

CoachT

These are some things I have learned from emails and private messages from members. Check back here occasionally as we will add other suggestions, etc. as necessary:

Please do not type in ALL CAPS! It is considered rude in internet etiquette but it is also much harder to read.

Please use initials of schools sparingly! Especially if you are beginning a thread the use of initials can be confusing. Many schools around the state share initals with other schools.

Editing or Deleting Messages. You can edit or delete your OWN message(s). Go to the message, look for the EDIT link, and follow the directions. If you have accidentally posted the same message twice or more then you can delete all but one of them, one at a time.

Best Font Settings to view site. I saw a fan's computer once and didn't recognize my own site. It was set for Large fonts and there was "stuff" all over the place. Using Internet Explorer click "View", "Text Size" and see what you like. I use the Smaller option but you decide.

Netscape 4.7 We have a lot of trouble with this browser. Try upgrading or using Internet Explorer.

Plus membership. This is a place for members who occasionally want to discuss other topics besides prep sports. It is improving daily as we get more members involved. One extra benefit is the Private Messaging with Plus. It is a very convenient service to have. The CoachT Chat room is another very useful, entertaining feature of Plus, also. The cost is only $12 a year. (We use PayPal for payments which is used by EBay and others, very secure.) Helps us pay the server costs, etc, on the site.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting a lot of emails about posts under the new system.

However, not one of those posts had anything objectionable in them that I could tell....unless I'm just blind.

I've always assumed that posts should be reported if there's bad language, bad subject matters (sexual, drugs etc), downgrading a player for no reason and so on.

I'd ask that if you're going to report a post it's because there's something worth reporting.

All moderators want to keep CoachT a quality site. But I don't think any are going to be nit-picky and pull something you have a philosophical difference with.

Del.

Edited by Sequatchie

• 1 month later...

I was wondering when they click "REPORT POST" does it say that you are reporting a post because it has bad language, subject matter, etc...? Because some of the reported posts I get almost read like they are reporting it because they agree with it!

Could this be added somewhere o make sure they know what report means?

I don't know how much clearer it can be stated...

Report this post to a moderator

Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the post and the topic title.

This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectional content, etc and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yeah you guys have banned me like on 5 or 6 different accounts now, but I can make a new account on Excite in like 5 minutes. So I'm just wondering, why aren't you allowed to tell jokes? Even if they're football jokes.

There is no problem with jokes .....provided they are not crude.

CoachT wants this to be a site where young kids can log onto.

In addition, if the content of the site goes downhill, the firewalls will be enabled at schools and access will be lost and coaches and players will suffer.

As for re- logging on with a different userID, that will only work a few times. If you constantly break the rules your TCP/IP address will be blocked permanently.

Edited by OnlineLC

Guest viking_te

Coach T,

I think that this Website is such a Great Idea. I agree about having 3 subdivisions under the football heading (Middle, West, East)

Keep up the good work,

the viking_te

Coach T,

I dont think that the percentage of picks should be showed on the CoachT.com homepage. I think that the only time that they should be showed is after the pick has been made. When someone can look at who other people are picking before they pick, they can use that to their advantage when they know nothing of the two teams they are picking. I think that this may cause many people making the same picks on the same games and i think that that could cause a traffic jam at the top of the Big Ones rankings.