Suggestion For Posters!

CoachT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach T,

I think it would be easier and better for all if the topics were in alphabetical order so it would be easier to find something you are looking for, but that is me. When I get on I look for a certain topic on the panthers and they are always on page like two or three and it is confusing me so if it was in order i would know were to go and like the other person said too, it would be good for three different divisions.THANKS

Coach T,

I think it would be easier and better for all if the topics were in alphabetical order so it would be easier to find something you are looking for, but that is me. When I get on I look for a certain topic on the panthers and they are always on page like two or three and it is confusing me so if it was in order i would know were to go and like the other person said too, it would be good for three different divisions.THANKS

I think chronological is the only way. Otherwise every thread will start an A, or AA, or AAA, AAAA, or ........

Fans on here are devious. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I/P addresses change for dial up modems.

Even though Cable and DSL (T1 and up) have static IPs they still have programs out there for IP spoofing, meaning many many accounts can be made, not to mention use of other computers.

This should be looked into. Another popular message board site (GameFAQs.com) uses the KOS method (Killed on sight) destroys the account by programming the server to detect the banned IP and delete every account signed on by that computer. Just a suggestion.

Hello!

I discovered CoachT.com just before the football playoffs of 2002. I've found your site informative, entertaining, well structured (i.e., more than merely "well balanced") and often revealing. Well done! Carry on!

I enjoy watching & playing other sports from time to time; but, my sports "mania" begins and ends with football. Hence, although I read last year's concluding posts with (my wife would say near "giddy") interest, I didn't register for posting until recently. Also, I'm quite certain my visits to CoachT.com will all but vanish by mid-December. Accordingly, I have one of the "plain memberships." (I'm a freeloader. :huh: )

Well, CoachT, I have a nuts-&-bolts posting question. I've successfully posted a few replies now, and, I know how to start a new thread. However, I tried to start a "New Poll" this morning and was greeted with the message, "The error returned was: You cannot start a poll."

At first, I thought starting polls may be reserved for CoachT Plus Members. Then, I noticed some polls were recently started by posters who aren't Plus Members.

I checked the Help page and saw your advice to use MSIE, not Netscape 4.7, which was what I was using when the first message appeared. I closed Netscape, opened MSIE, and got the same message.

Are freeloaders like me allowed to start polls? If so, please walk me through the steps. If not, you still have a fine site. Keep going!

Edited by BaldEagleEye

I/P addresses change for dial up modems.

Even though Cable and DSL (T1 and up) have static IPs they still have programs out there for IP spoofing, meaning many many accounts can be made, not to mention use of other computers.

This should be looked into. Another popular message board site (GameFAQs.com) uses the KOS method (Killed on sight) destroys the account by programming the server to detect the banned IP and delete every account signed on by that computer. Just a suggestion.

There are a few ways I can ban people, and computers, but try not to very often. What users fail to realize is that if things get too bad you are left with the options of doing away with the message boards completely or going to pay-subscription only boards so fans have a monetary loss if they violate rules. Neither choice is a good one.