What did you run this week?

CherokeeChief

100 miles a week in no way is an unreachable goal. Especially for McMinn county. In only running a 3 mile race than you can't tell that much difference with them running 100 or 50 miles a week but i guarantee you get them on a 10k course and they'll blaze all of you guys including myself. McMinn county i've heard is very dedicated and it didn't suprise me one bit that they ran that much. Especially with a coach like that...he is very respectable as someone already mentioned and he wouldn't lie just to have it shoved back in his face if it wasn't true. McMinn county is a great and dedicated team and they will perform great at a college level...and if they worked on some 400's and 800's then they'd probably be a whole lot faster in the 3 mile but as far as distance my moneys on them.

Edited by crosovr10

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for our team to run against you at Region.  You know who I am, care to tell us who you are?  Or are you ashamed to back up all that smack talk?

825305303[/snapback]

I know who he is and I wish he would come over to bradley with us it would be nice to have him to run with us but he can't :(

100 miles a week in no way is an unreachable goal.  Especially for McMinn county.  In only running a 3 mile race than you can't tell that much difference with them running 100 or 50 miles a week but i guarantee you get them on a 10k course and they'll blaze all of you guys including myself.  McMinn county i've heard is very dedicated and it didn't suprise me one bit that they ran that much.  Especially with a coach like that...he is very respectable as someone already mentioned and he wouldn't lie just to have it shoved back in his face if it wasn't true.  McMinn county is a great and dedicated team and they will perform great at a college level...and if they worked on some 400's and 800's then they'd probably be a whole lot faster in the 3 mile but as far as distance my moneys on them.

825312165[/snapback]

oh, sorry, i wasnt aware that we raced 10ks. Save ur college training for college, nobody needs to run 100 mile weeks if they cant run sub 15 for 3 miles, and trust me, none of yall can or will. Even the only person who can run sub 15 in tennessee doesnt run 100 mile weeks.

of all the people that have posted i believe mcminn is the only team with a state championship in the last five years please correct me if i am wrong

825318383[/snapback]

Does winning 5 of the last 7 including the last 4 in a row, with one of them setting the state record for lowest score in the state meet count?

Why would you run 100 miles a week training for a 3 mile race.  That is just stupid.  When you run that far you run slow which gives you endurance.  They are probably running 8 min. miles.  That just doesn't make you faster in cross country.

825320447[/snapback]

Wow, its amazing how much confidece you guys assert in the very sparse knowledge you have about the sport.

I guess I'll start with the first guy to post after my last post:

Bumbi is holding no less than 70 miles a week, with 85 as his peak- not quite 100- so much for your "guarantee"

However, in response to the other poster, 100 miles a week is not uncommon amongst elite high school runners. Typically, the top few runners in the nation will run over 100 a week, and so Bumbi is obviously an exception.

Also, when running 100 miles a week, you don't have to run 8 minute miles. For example, when I ran 73 miles a couple weeks ago, I averaged around 6:40 pace for the week, and that still isn't enough to keep up with Bumbi for more than 6 or so miles the times Ive run with him. The point of high mileage is to build a strong aerobic threshold over a great deal of QUALITY miles. Example- running 8:30 pace at the end of a 12 mile run because you started out too fast is not quality, but starting out at 7:30 pace and ending the 12th mile at under 6 minute pace is very quality. The more quality miles you can tally in one week, the faster you'll be able to run any distance from 800 up, basically. There are pro milers who run as many miles or close to as many miles as pro marathoners. The difference is that on top of all that base training, the milers are throwing in a lot of speed work...

Edited by coasterboarder