Roane County Newspaper

BigT2006

I just read the Roane County paper and read Goose's article on Sonny Moore computer predictions. I thought that the predictions were somewhat believeable, but for the people that do not get the Roane County news, I have taken the pleasure of typing it out for you.

“If Sonny Moore’s preseason compute ratings are any indication, then fans of Roane County’s five football teams had better by some Rolaids because there will be a lot of close games in the upcoming 2004 regular season.

According to Moore’s computer, Oliver Springs will again be the top team in the county with Rockwood and Kingston nipping at the Bobcats’ heels.

With that being said, let’s see just what the computer rankings say.

The computer predicts that Johnson’s Bobcats will finish with a 9-1 overall record and a 4-1 mark in region play. Taking into consideration the computers three-point advantage for the home team the Bobcats (78.41 rating) will post the following victories Lenoir City (16 points), Alcoa (4 points), Midway (24 points), at Harriman (31 points), at Kingston (3 points), at Wartburg (8 points), Seymour (4 points), Rockwood (4 points), and at Sequoyah (16 points). Oliver Springs’ lone loss will be a 5 point-loss at Sweetwater in week 10 of the regular season.

Rockwood will have the second best record in the county as they enter the season with a rating of 77.75. If Moore’s computer is correct, the Tigers will post the following wins: Midway (23 points), Sweetwater (1 point), at Kingston (2 points), Wartburg (13 points), Bledsoe County (32 points), at Meigs County (11 points), at Rutledge (10 points), and Harriman (36 points). Rockwood’s two losses will both come on the road in region play. Alcoa will defeat the Tigers by 3 points and Oliver Springs will beat John Webb’s squad by four points.

Kingston enters the season with a 72.49 rating which is third best in the county. The Jackets, however, play in the state’s roughest Class AAA region and that plays a big part in Moore’s computer saying Kingston will finish with a 4-6 over all record and a fifth place finish in Region 2-AAA.

Kingston is picked to win at Harriman (25 points), at Gibbs (13 points), at Scott (2 points) and at home against Lenoir City (10 points). Besides home losses to Rockwood (2 points) and Oliver Springs (3 points), the Jackets will also lose at home against Anderson County (12 points) and Fulton (26 points) while dropping road games at Fulton (2 points) and Austin-East (23 points).

Midway is another team that needs to keep the upset stomach medicine on hand as Region 2A appears to have four teams in a dog fight for second place. The Green Waves have a rating of 57.39 while CAK (56.54), Coalfield (57.69) and Oneida (58.93) are each expected to battle it out for a home playoff game in week 11.

Adding a home field advantage to the equation gives Oneida the advantage in the quartet, but Midway is still picked to finish the season with a 6-4 mark.

Midway’s victories will come against Jellico (21 points), CAK (4 points), Watertown (8 points), Coalfield (2 points), at Oakdale (24 points), and at Sunbright (15 points). The Green Waves’ losses will be at Rockwood (23 points), at Oliver Springs (24 points), at Oneida (4 points) and at home against Greenback (14 points).

The worst news for any team in Roane County is the computer’s prediction for Harriman. According to the numbers, Harriman will suffer a fourth straight winless season and the Devils will only have two games decided by less than two touchdowns. Moore’s computer says Harriman’s best chances at victory are at home against Oneida where the Devils will lose by 12 points and at home against Union County where the Blue Devils are a one-point underdog.

Harriman’s other losses are at Sequoyah (18 points), Kingston (25 points), at Wartburg (26 points), at Coalfield (16 points), Oliver Springs (31 points), Sweetwater (33 points), at Alcoa (36 points) and at Rockwood (36 points).

Although these computers rankings are fun to look at and will be good for some conversation before the season starts, remember that Sonny’s Moore’s computer cannot judge how graduation losses can hurt a team or how the pigskin will bounce on Friday nights this fall.”

Remember, this was Sonny Moore's computer predictions so dont hold me personally to any of this please. Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA, omg Kingston losing to Fulton by what? 2 points? It will either be an upset with Kingston on top or a blowout. It all depends on weter or not Kingston shows up to play. Regardless whoever programed this computer rankings need to look at the results and never rank anyone ever again, His perdictions are so far off...

wow, can anyone be taking this guy seriously?

Edited by KTownJackets

yea the kingston and fulton game will either be a good one or a very bad one. fulton is gonna be very tough again this year. im still trying to figure out how o.s is everybodys favorites. they lost so many people last year. if it wasnt for whalen and hayes they would have never made it past the first round of the playoffs. i must be the only person in roane county that thinks they are gonna struggle this year. they are gonna be good but nowhere near as good as last year. thats just my opinion. who does kingston scrimmage this year. i heard bearden but i dont know for a fact. fill me in on it.

A computer ranking at this time of year, that can't judge graduation losses, incoming players, and other situations, is a waste of time this early. Keep this and look at it again in a few weeks, and you will see just how big a joke it is! If I had a computer ranking, I wouldn't start putting it out until atleast mid season, and then it might be taken more seriously! Harriman breaks winnless streak, and OS will not go 9-1! Lets see who is closer to being right, me or the comp. B)

Sequoyah is the proper spelling Ktown, goodluck this year!

I personally think Kingston and Rockwood will battle it out for the County Championship, but who knows this early? Not the computer, thats for sure! B)