Prayers Highly Needed

bhsOL

There was a Riverdale student in a bad wreck yesterday. Her name is Jacquie McDaniel (17 years old). She's the sister of former Riverdale football star Spike McDaniel and the girlfriend of current Riverdale quarterback Dave Thomas. Her and her sister Lizzy (14 years old) were riding a moped yesterday and they lost control and slammed into a tree. None of the girls were wearing helmets and Jacquie hit the tree face first. Lizzy was released from the hospital last night but Jacquie had to be life flighted to Vanderbilt. She is in the trauma unit right now. She cracked her skull, had a collapsed lung, a broken femur, and has real bad brain swelling due to the amount of blood on her brain. The doctor said that there is some type of scale to determine the amount of swelling. He said that 19 or 20 is really bad and at about 5:00 today she went from 11 or 12 up to 22 or 23. Last night she had a 50/50 % chance of living and now that has dramatically decreased.

I am really good friends with the McDaniel family and I know the they really need a lot of prayers at this time. The doctors told us that the next 2 days are the most important because they will tell how she will do. Thank you so much for every one's prayers and God Bless.

Edited by bhsOL

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome post bhsOL. i have been steadily praying for the mcdaniel family ever since i got the news last nite. i made the trip up to vanderbilt to see her, but very few were being allowed to go in and visit with the family. jacquie is one of the most wonderful people i've ever come into contact with, full of life and her personality is so contagious. it is certainly a shame that such an awful accident would happen to such an awesome person, but i keep holding onto the hopes of a miracle and i'm certain that she'll receive one. i played football with spike for three years and his dad was a coach of mine for my senior year, and i would just like for them to know that they are being prayed for and thought of more than they know at this crucial time. god bless their family, who are among some of the nicest and most loyal people i have ever known. hang in there guys, i'm sure everything will be fine.

everyone please remember the mcdaniel family, whether you know them or not, because they need it right now more than ever. god bless jacquie and her sweet, kind, loving spirit in all the ways that it should be blessed.

Edited by rhshasbeen66

rhshasbeen66, Everyone who came to the hospital today got to visit with the family. I haven't heard anything else about Jacquie since about 5:30 but the last I heard is that the doctors were letting a lot of the people go see her, which is not a good sign because sometimes they'll do that if their not expecting a patient to make it. But I will keep on praying that she will recover and I want to thank you for praying too.

rhshasbeen66, I just found out a few minutes ago that the swelling in the brain has leveled off at 22 (I'm not sure what exactly this means, all I know is that when I was there this afternoon, the doctor said that a 20 was almost deadly). It is still dangerously high, but it is no longer rising and the doctors are giving her medication to bring it down to a 9.

Hey, I plan on going up there soon too. We could carpool if you want too. If you want to ride up there with me just e-mail me and let me know where you'd want to meet up at. [email protected]

Edited by bhsOL