Perry Co. vs USJ

panther037

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ctshizzy

Hey Linden folks, whatever happened to that Perry Co. win? Sorry, but the Vikings still have a way to go before they get to the top. Hopefully they will do good, but they're not gonna knock off perennial contenders like USJ and JCS just because they're supposedly better this year than last. Yeah USJ didn't do too hot last year but they had a lot of injured players that are starting this year. Don't even think that a team that hasn't made the playoffs in the past few years is going to knock off a team that has multiple region championships under their belt.

Hey Linden folks, whatever happened to that Perry Co. win?  Sorry, but the Vikings still have a way to go before they get to the top.  Hopefully they will do good, but they're not gonna knock off perennial contenders like USJ and JCS just because they're supposedly better this year than last.  Yeah USJ didn't do too hot last year but they had a lot of injured players that are starting this year.  Don't even think that a team that hasn't made the playoffs in the past few years is going to knock off  a team that has multiple region championships under their belt.

825328419[/snapback]

We have only missed the playoffs twice(2001 & last year) since we have been eligible. I didn't say we would definately win. I said it would not be a blowout. And it wasn't. USJ's starters were playing well into the 4th quarter. JCS and FA can't just put the PC game into the win column, they will have to work for it. And we are not 'supposedly' better, we are better. Ask USJ.

Ive changed my mind....USJ wins 56-7 because their third string will be in in the 4th quarter, and maybe...( just maybe)...Perry County can squeeze one into the endzone late in the game...the hobock has spoken...peace!!!

825323197[/snapback]

Their first string was still in the game well into the 4th quarter. We didn't even see the third string this time.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!!!  YOU GET A SONIC DOWN THERE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR SUPPOSSED TO BE GOOD?? PLEASE!!!!! MP.TIGERS #1 :D

825329509[/snapback]

I'd like to see USJ get a hold of your sorry behinds, but you guys won't get past any of the Nashville privates for USJ to get a shot at you. :lol:

Topsy and the Bell Bridge are in Wayne County, but that's OK. See ya, Friday. Good luck to the Vikings and the Bruins, and all the rest of the 7-1A teams. Hope they are all good games and no one gets hurt. But more luck to us. :D

825323990[/snapback]

[/quote Why do you hate Wayne County?

825324424[/snapback]

Some how I missed this post earlier. I don't hate Wayne County, I was just giving a little geography lesson. My paternal grandparents lived on Big Possum close to the Bell Bridge till they moved to Hohenwald in 1950. They are buried at the Church of Christ at the top of the hill just south of the Bell Bridge. The only time I hate Wayne County is when there are orange, bouncy balls involved.

pc may not have come out with a win but we didnt roll over either.

here are some stats.

drew bunch had 230 yards on 19 carries.

200 of those yards came in 3 quarters against usj varsity.

it was a hard fought ballgame for well into the 4th when the depth of usj became to much for the ironman football that pc has to play with.

our defense lost the starting middle linebacker on the 3rd play with a knee injury.

get well Forrest.

the special teams of pc was very impressive.

no excuses. no shame. pc football is on the way up.

Edited by vikingpride

Don't ya'll need to be preparing for who you play next? You got beat 38-12 instead of 50-12.

( my buddies at USJ tell me they had 2 TDs called back and put their 3rd string offense in 3rd qtr )

the kickoff return team for USJ is all frosh and soph. Do you really think you would have returned that kickoff if Liles, Pappis, Dement, Wallace, Long, Yancey, Conley and Findley were out there. Hey look on the bright side you never have to play them again thumb

But you do us.... .

'giterdone' is a JCS man from the posts I have seen out of him, ac. We've always played JCS closer than we've played USJ. When this group of seniors were freshmen you only beat us 14-7 and we dropped one in the endzone. You are no USJ, giterdone. And we may not have to put up with you anymore either. Region 5 is pretty much gone over in Middle Tennessee, we may end up over here.