olineathlete

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Oakland 18, Lavergne 14!!

Lavergne led 14-0 at the half. Of course both Harvey played ( who it stated in the paper was not playing tonight DID!!) and so did Jenkins! Those coaches like to lie , don't they?

OHS pulled off the comeback and hung on for the win.....star of the night.....Mr. Sam Youree!

OLINeathtlete,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hello there good buddy! You have been sorely missed!! I hope that means you will be back on here to help us battle the boards!!

I only saw the second half of the game and cannot comment on the first half of play, but can say that OHS came out ready to play the second half, adjusted , and took the game. Cord was having difficulty with severe cramping it seemed....but looks like everyone else came out of the game in good shape despite the field conditions!

Edited by region4fan

Guest region4fan

Also I must comment that I was proud of the way that the crowd was backing my boys...they got to have it!! The band was there and did a good job. Now cheerleaders ....how about some cheers that the crowd can folllow..............Defense defense, let's go blue, give me a P, score score, ohs ohs,we want a TD. All that other cutsie stuff is fine, but the shorter cheers will get you the response that you want!

Guest region4fan

Anybody else go to this game? Oakland2001............where are you???

Also must give big Tyler Burnett his props for the EXCELLENT punting job that he did all night. Amazing how Lavergne kicked away from us all night. Nervous about the trickery on the kick-off or punt return , huh??

Guest region4fan

Thanks Slim. I really was proud of the way the Pats handled themselves . I got there at the half and was stunned that we were down by 14. I knew that this would show what kind of character we had to have to try to come back. I also heard that we had a chance to put a 6 on the board going into the half to get some mo coming in after the half....but didn't. So that could have been a real ballbreaker. But my boys came out fired up, the crowd got behind them, and we got it all done. No quitting for the red, white, and blue.......good things ahead for us. I am confident with our coaching...........and the boys can only get better as they come along. I will say that Harvey is good, and so is Jenkins.#75 for Lavergne is really good too.

My boy Sam Youree and Daryl Smith's passing .......well could it be another Montana and Rice???????? HMMMMMMM..looking good!

And I will just have to bore you again...........love the new helmets!

Guest region4fan

Also have to add that Lavergne made OHS go to the endzone at halftime which I think was pretty sorry . With the heat...........those kids needed to head to the facilites with all the water they were trying to drink to stay hydrated. I guess after Lebanon wrecked their locker room last year, they don;t trust anyone else in them.

Hey, Don.......one of your former MTSU teammates is coaching at OHS....they CAN be trusted in your building! Besides......our kids are disciplined and respect others facilities. Also our coaches do stay with the players!

Region4fan, Oakland had a locker room there, they chose to go to the endzone at the half. It would have been just as easy for them to go to their locker room, but they didn't. I don't know why they didn't go, ask the coaches. Also, the LaVergne coaching staff never told the paper that Harvey wasn't going to play, they just assumed. It was a great game to watch. Congratulations to Oakland on a big win for a young team last night. Good luck to Oakland and LaVergne in your games down the road.

Guest region4fan

Don't worry, tdcman...you will always be able to beat me on it!! You know me, I will always pick Oakland and always against Lebanon!

Lavergne is very athletic and apparently came out to prove everyone wrong in the first half...............they never gave up...contrary to what everyone has said about them.

Thanks for the congrats. Getting a W is a good thing for our confidence as we take on Franklin this week. Do yall have LC??

Guest Oakland
Anybody else go to this game? Oakland2001............where are you???

Also must give big Tyler Burnett his props for the EXCELLENT punting job that he did all night. Amazing how Lavergne kicked away from us all night. Nervous about the trickery on the kick-off or punt return , huh??

825327089[/snapback]

well region, some of us have to sleep ;) . but i will echo region's sentiment and give kudos to tyler burnett for a good night, had 5 punts averaging 41yds a punt. kinda dissapointed that thomas chose to blast his team instead of congratulating oakland on a fine game. thomas tried to pull a fast one by starting harvey i think we did a good job of containing him in the pocket and keeping him from not being able to get a lot yds scrambling