Ooltewah @ Chattanooga Central 09112004

basketballisbest

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please pay no attention to some of the stupid central fans on the board. Some of us do know how to act. I caught some of the Ooltewah practice today, not spying but just driving by going home, and i saw them working on a spread package something like central runs. I am pretty sure this was thier starting O because Caldwell was running tail back beside the QB. this will be interesting and probably a good idea because it will give caldwell more room to work. I hope Central has a good game plan to try to limit Caldwell, that will be the only thing that will help central to a win. I still think that if central limits thier mistakes this one could get real interesting. Is Chavis really coming to the game. I take it he may be coming to see Hayes...Brent Hayes is a very good football player but as overran alot of tackles this year...If he would just slow down and play under control his tackle total would rise alot. Good luck to the owls but hope the pounders come out on top!

PURPLE PRIDE!!!

Yes. That spread formation you are talking about is called Pistol... Just for your information Ooltewah has ran this formation ever since Gatewood has been there. Nothing new to anybody but yourself... Hayes is a good player and yes Chavis will be there to watch him but he really needs to look at BMI&company because they will be all over the feild Friday night.. Good luck Central.... You do have a pretty good team. You will give us fits.

I am very pleased to see all of the positive comments made toward both teams. I will say this since Gatewood has arrived at OHS the program has done nothing but rise, Just as Central has done under Jones. With that being said I will not make a prediction based on score, But I will point out a few key points. Number 1: If the Owls are able to get their ground game going they are tough. Central must force Woods to beat them with his arm. Number 2: If the Pounders are able to play a full game and eliminate the TO'S and dumb penalties, they will be able to make a game of it. Number 3: OHS has the edge in the special teams, But if Central can eliminate mistakes and make up some ground here it will be a plus.

All in all I look for a good clean battle that is fought until the end, the winner will be the team that does not put themselves in hole early. GOODLUCK to both teams.